• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Captain EO - Disney what are you going to do with this?

DisneyPrince1982

DIS Veteran
So I never understood why Captain EO became an attraction but initially thought it was going to be a filler until Disney came up with a plan. But the "attraction," if you wish to call it that, has greatly overstayed its welcome.

What is Disney going to do with this monstrosity? I know the saying that "Walt has to be rolling over in his grave" is used way too often on these boards, but I think Walt really is over this horrendous monstrosity.

Last edited:
It has sort of come and gone during the years and other things have been in that theater. My DS loves it, he was a huge fan of MJ when he was little so for him it's a little bit of his youth back. While I wasn't crazy about it, I didn't think it was an embarrassment, it's a little dated but o.k. for a one and one for me.

Yeah, its one of my pet peeves with Epcot too. I get it that not every attraction is for everyone, but between Captain Eo and the gradual decline of the Journey Into Imagination pavilion, in general, I think the entire building needs to be reimagined somehow. With all the construction going on at DTD, AK and DHS, I don't think Epcot is a priority right now, but hopefully once those projects are done, Epcot, especially Future World, will get a good looking at.

Yeah, its one of my pet peeves with Epcot too. I get it that not every attraction is for everyone, but between Captain Eo and the gradual decline of the Journey Into Imagination pavilion, in general, I think the entire building needs to be reimagined somehow. With all the construction going on at DTD, AK and DHS, I don't think Epcot is a priority right now, but hopefully once those projects are done, Epcot, especially Future World, will get a good looking at.

Yea I get Disney has other priorities but this "Journey" area could easily be closed and reimagined. There is so little traffic that way that it wouldn't interrupt much. That area is a complete waste of space. I'm in utter disbelief that Disney is okay with it as it stands.

It's OK, there are plans to re-imagineer that pavilion for the year 2025. Just accept it for now and move on.

I was totally excited that Captain EO was back when I went to Epcot last year. It was a trip down memory lane and a cool place to sit on a hot day. I can think of worse things. My SIL agrees with the OP though. She wants them to put Honey I Shrunk the Audience in there.

They should do what the did at DHS for Frozen Fever .. just show Disney Shorts in the theatre.

Disney's Laughing Gallery - just show funny little shorts. I agree, that would be a massive improvement over the monstrosity that's there now.
Some of my favorite memories of the Magic Kingdom is going into the cinema on main street (when it was nothing BUT a theater) to watch old B&W Mickey Mouse shorts while my parents shopped.

Really the parks could use more "stop in and check it out" things like that.

I enjoyed knowing I could stop in at any half hour and catch Frozen Fever (a short I didn't catch in the theatres)

They lost the Kodak sponsorship, they don't want to put their own money into it.

They'll probably turn it into a premium separate ticket "experience", throw in a keychain as an " exclusive gift", and charge $50 for it. People will flock to it.

Bwahaha. :tongue: I love you minnie. Not many can outdo my cynicism and sarcasm. Nicely done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter