• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Cape May Cafe?

Might be our favorite meal at WDW - not just buffets either. And I don't eat seafood. The "land" side has a lot of variety and good stuff. And the desserts are really good - Oreo bon-bons!!!!

Cape May isn't one of my favorite restaurants on property, but it is certainly a notch above the average Disney buffet. My family typically eats there every few years, because it is tasty and convenient to the Epcot area resorts.

The selections are geared toward seafood eaters. As the previous poster illuminated, there are plenty of items that appeal to landlubbers, but I suspect people who eat shellfish generally enjoy the restaurant more.

I spend my summers on Martha's Vineyard, a small island off the coast of Massachusetts and a place where seafood borders on religion. I have high standards when it comes to shrimp, mussels and clam chowder. The food at Cape May would not fly at a New England fish house, but it's acceptable and worth trying.

We ate there for the first time last week and absolutely, 100% loved it!

The seafood was so fresh, they kept it replenished constantly. We ate sooooo many snow crab legs, and they were the best ones we'd ever had. They had a lobster ravioli that was incredible, and their "land" selections were very good too.

We loved the desserts. The oreo dessert that another mentioned, and they also had a "mini" chocolate lava cake.

I'd definitely without a doubt recommend trying!

We'll be enjoying it for our first time in about one month. I'll try to remember to post back with a review. People we trust have recommended it.

the food is great and the snow crab legs are wonderful! my mom acutally said that next time we go to disney world she wants to eat there for every other meal haha. if you love seafood, this is definitely your place.

We are going to the world next week and just the other day I changed my reservations around to include cape May. It kinda scared me a little that I was able to get a reservation for the 20th at this late date, but I really couldnt resist those crab legs. Not sure how we missed making this reservation with the rest.

I'll report back when we get home on the 24th, let you know how it is

I have been reading all good this year so were trying it in Aug. Been to there Bk and it was great :thumbsup2

LOVED IT!

We were just there last month... eleven (ages 8 - 50) of us (traveling with friends) and everyone loved it.

Honestly, I avoid buffets for dinner, (usually do one breakfast buffet character meal per trip) but we did 2 dinner buffets on this trip, Cape May and 1900 Park Fare - Cinderella's Gala. I wouldn't return to 1900 Park Fare for dinner, but we will go back to Cape May again. It was excellent.

We are going to the world next week and just the other day I changed my reservations around to include cape May. It kinda scared me a little that I was able to get a reservation for the 20th at this late date, but I really couldnt resist those crab legs.

I think the reason for this may be because it is not a character buffet. I also think (from seeing several cape may posts) that this place is a little underrated. Granted it is not superb quality seafood, we always make sure to get an ADR at Cape May.

Definitely love it, too. We ate there in February and really enjoyed everything. I got a bucket of clams, the real tiny ones, and they were SO tasty. Also loved the mussels. DH ate plenty of the crab legs, and the kids were happy with everything too. Good chicken, potatoes, ribs (sweet sauce). Desserts were good, nothing special though.

Overall, it's on our list of must do's, which is kind of a short list for us!

Cape may is my favorite dinning experience on Disney property. I am also originally from CT. and grew up on the shoreline. The food is fabulous for the south. If there are non seafood eaters in your group there are plenty of choices for everyone. Almost half the buffet is non seafood.

We eat there at least once a trip and sometimes twice.
I hope you enjoy your trip.
:cool1:

We love Cape May and it is a must-do every trip!! We will be eating there in less than 2 weeks and I can't wait!! ;)

Carla

It's been great for us over the years. It was super our last trip (9/09). We enjoy the seafood, but the soups and salads are awesome too. I never miss the clam chowder, and last time, they also served a yummy smoked tomato bisque. I was crazy for the baked salmon teriyaki served that night too.

I have some very good experiences with cm and some not so good. I am not sure if it was time of day or what. I would probably go back again, though. Love that seafood.

Café May is good but not really a “must do”. Once you’re there though, The Oreo Bon-bons are THE must-have :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter