Can't get through to Disney on phone for July 21 stay at closed resort. Will they cancel my reservation?

borgthe

DIS Veteran
Reservation starting July 21 at All Star Movies. I have been trying to call all day. All circuits are busy. All day! Will they cancel my reservation? I am worried because this is for my daughter who missed her 18th birthday party, senior trip, senior prom and graduation already. I don't want her to miss out on another thing.

Thanks all!

Reservation starting July 21 at All Star Movies. I have been trying to call all day. All circuits are busy. All day! Will they cancel my reservation? I am worried because this is for my daughter who missed her 18th birthday party, senior trip, senior prom and graduation already. I don't want her to miss out on another thing.

Thanks all!
I'm in the same boat except my arrival is July 10 CBR which will be closed as well. According to CMs i've spoke with, just let it ride. They are relocating so many guests, it will take some time. They will not cancel a confirmed reservation. You'll get moved somewhere, just not sure where yet.

In case this helps... I did get through to a cast member via chat, regarding my August Grand Floridian stay. He said...

You will have a chance to modify your reservation. At this time, we are working with Guests that are checking out on or before July 11.

You will need to call. If you don't call, they will cancel your reservation 7 days prior to arrival. If you can try this evening or tomorrow, you should be ok. I just was able to move our ASMo rooms to POP checking in July 25 and she made it sound like there was plenty of availability.

Be aware that they will first try to get you to pay rack rate at the new resort. They told me that this morning, but then I saw posts later that said to be a little more forceful when you call and ask nicely to speak to the special team. I got changed from CBR July 9-12 to a one bedroom villa at OKW with no upcharge.

I'm in the same boat except my arrival is July 10 CBR which will be closed as well. According to CMs i've spoke with, just let it ride. They are relocating so many guests, it will take some time. They will not cancel a confirmed reservation. You'll get moved somewhere, just not sure where yet.

You need to call. I had similar date and resort, Do not let it just ride if you don't contact them they will cancel your reservation you have up until 7 days prior to your check in to do this. Make sure when you call you have a CM that knows what they are talking about. The first one I spoke to tried to tell me they can't do anything for us and even asked me for the list of what resorts were opening in August! then the call got disconnected and I tried again (i must of tried up to 100 times calling in total) the second time i had a CM who was so nice and took care of everything that call lasted 15 mins tops and we were set with new dates and no extra charges.

You need to call. I had similar date and resort, Do not let it just ride if you don't contact them they will cancel your reservation you have up until 7 days prior to your check in to do this. Make sure when you call you have a CM that knows what they are talking about. The first one I spoke to tried to tell me they can't do anything for us and even asked me for the list of what resorts were opening in August! then the call got disconnected and I tried again (i must of tried up to 100 times calling in total) the second time i had a CM who was so nice and took care of everything that call lasted 15 mins tops and we were set with new dates and no extra charges.
Did you call today? If so, what number did you use to get through?

I've tried calling many numbers repeatedly at different times today since early morning, and have never even been able to be placed on hold. The calls just won't go through.

I am on hold still - now going on 4.5 hours - trying to change resort due to closure. After maybe 1 hr 45 mins I was able to talk to CM who asked if I was trying to change anything other than resort. She then said she would transfer me to team that could change my resort and that there would be no upcharge for the change. I think I must have gone back to the beginning of the queue because I have not heard from anyone since them. I have heard the music loop about 25 times now I think! :crazy: :rockband:

Did you call today? If so, what number did you use to get through?

I've tried calling many numbers repeatedly at different times today since early morning, and have never even been able to be placed on hold. The calls just won't go through.

Yes. It must of taken close to 100 tries calling before I got thru. I just kept redialing over and over. It was the 407-934-7639 line. the first CM i spoke to was clueless and would not modify my reservation even asked me for a list of what resorts I was told were open in August. The second time I got thru to someone was entirely different, pleasant, helpful modified my reservation and it took less than 15 mins.

The posts here encouraging you to call are not aligning with Disney’s official word, which is that they’ll move you if necessary. Multiple reports on social media have indicated that guests who call before Disney is ready to move them are indeed being asked to pay the difference for the move. My guess is that there’s a dedicated team of CMs handling this, which may explain why calling (and getting on the line with a CM who is not knowledgeable about the process) isn’t necessarily going to help.

OP, your reservation is still weeks away. Hang tight for now.

I am arriving on July 27 and my resort isn’t open. I’m waiting until next week to call to verify my move. There’s no immediate rush for me to sit on hold for 5+ hours. The park reservations (which I got) were my priority. Lol

I am on hold still - now going on 4.5 hours - trying to change resort due to closure. After maybe 1 hr 45 mins I was able to talk to CM who asked if I was trying to change anything other than resort. She then said she would transfer me to team that could change my resort and that there would be no upcharge for the change. I think I must have gone back to the beginning of the queue because I have not heard from anyone since them. I have heard the music loop about 25 times now I think! :crazy: :rockband:

Were you ever able to get through??? I've called around 60 times today, no answer...

Would someone kindly post the link to the Disney webpage which says you must call or they'll cancel your rez 7 days prior? Thanks.

Were you ever able to get through??? I've called around 60 times today, no answer...
I did finally get through to the special team member after 5 hrs or so. I was able to change from POFQ to CBR for both of my reservations. The also offered choice of Wilderness Cabins or Coronado Springs Resort.

I‘m in the same boat and feeling really uneasy. Our stay Is 7/21-7/31. We booked CBR specifically for the 5th bed and skyliner, which doesn‘t open until 2 days before we would check out. Also purchased hoppers with wp added. Obviously not happening. So as it stands, we have no specified resort and have overpaid for tickets. Disney hasn't been good at sending any sort of updates other that asking for final payment twice, which I have not done. I want to know what Im paying for. We haven’t even booked airfare yet! A CM on chat advised me to to hold out a little longer to see what happens. We would be happy to upgrade for free if its offered, but will cancel if asked to pay or they want to send us over to POP. Nothing wrong with it, but we need more room. I know there’s a lot going on, but I’m really disappointed in the lack of info being sent to confirmed resort guests who are going to be significantly impacted.

BTW, it took me 8 hours to get thru today for park resv. Started at 7am. Was at work and using my iPhone. Didn‘t have any luck until I got on a real computer.

Last edited:
The posts here encouraging you to call are not aligning with Disney’s official word, which is that they’ll move you if necessary. Multiple reports on social media have indicated that guests who call before Disney is ready to move them are indeed being asked to pay the difference for the move. My guess is that there’s a dedicated team of CMs handling this, which may explain why calling (and getting on the line with a CM who is not knowledgeable about the process) isn’t necessarily going to help.

OP, your reservation is still weeks away. Hang tight for now.
Sorry, but this info is outdated. It was true for pre-park-opening reservations. As of today, guests with 2020 reservations at a closed resort have been asked to call. That was posted on the WDW site yesterday (or so time over the weekend). TA's on this board have confirmed they were instructed the same. I can't find the exact post but someone with info from The Hub (CM communications) indicated reservations will be canceled automatically 7 days prior to arrival if the guest hasn't made contact. While there may still be a few weeks until that point, availability is limited and I wouldn't wait too long.

Sorry, but this info is outdated. It was true for pre-park-opening reservations. As of today, guests with 2020 reservations at a closed resort have been asked to call. That was posted on the WDW site yesterday (or so time over the weekend). TA's on this board have confirmed they were instructed the same. I can't find the exact post but someone with info from The Hub (CM communications) indicated reservations will be canceled automatically 7 days prior to arrival if the guest hasn't made contact. While there may still be a few weeks until that point, availability is limited and I wouldn't wait too long.
As that information is nowhere to be found on WDW’s landing page or their official Disney Parks Blog, I’m starting to see why more and more people are giving up on Disney entirely and opting to book Universal stays instead. What a mess. Hoping there’s lots of pixie dust to go around for all of the guests who are stuck in the middle of this.

So agreeing to disagree with difference of opinions and the most up to date information.....

....should I try calling within the next couple days if I have a resort package booked for POFQ 11/27-12/9 to get switched to a new resort? Or since it's past the 10/14 hotel opening list, should I wing it 'til it gets closer? Thanks!

So agreeing to disagree with difference of opinions and the most up to date information.....

....should I try calling within the next couple days if I have a resort package booked for POFQ 11/27-12/9 to get switched to a new resort? Or since it's past the 10/14 hotel opening list, should I wing it 'til it gets closer? Thanks!
You’re so far out I would not bother right now.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest