Candy Cane Inn reopening date?

The rooms look so different. Definitely a needed update but I like the unique look they had before better. I couldn't tell if they still have the plantation shutters. No word on when they will open and it seems like they should at least try to give a ballpark estimate. So many people on the FB page complained about how their cancellations were handled, and some people are under the impression CCI will be open by November. I doubt they'll be open until May, but who knows? Maybe they're farther along than they look from the outside.

I was able to make early December reservations (over the phone) but she told me to "hold them loosely" which is what I planned to do! Made a back-up ressie just in case.

Any news on Candy Cane? Has anyone looked at the property in the last few days? What did they cancel up to?

I don't have any info on the property, but at this point it looks like they haven't moved beyond cancelling November reservations. I see you can still make reservations on the website beginning December 1.

I called earlier this week. She indicated that they will know for sure in 2 weeks for our early December reservations. It seems they are waiting on the okay “from the city.”

Personally I think because they were so old, that there were many areas not ADA compliant. Usually things are “grandfathered” in unless you remodel a certain percentage. They may have exceeded the percentage and now have to make things ADA compliant. It may have come as a surprise. City regulations and ADA compliance are key. I think that their lobby wasn’t ADA compliant and they didn’t have a “handicapped” restroom (to my knowledge).

Any updates yet? Friends going early december (in about 3 weeks) and wanna know as they have heard NOTHING!

I checked their FB yesterday and someone posted (yesterday) that they have a reservation the first week of Dec and had no idea CCI was closed. They found out by looking at the Tripadvisor website. They said they hadn't heard anything from CCI about their reservation being in jeopardy and the possibility of needing to make other plans. It makes me wonder how many other people have reservations coming up in a couple of weeks and have no idea CCI remains closed after nearly 3 years. This whole thing continues to baffle me.

You can still make reservations on the website beginning Dec 1st.

I called again today as our vacation is early December - 2 weeks away. They said they were still on schedule to be open. She did comment that the pool may not be opened.
Interesting, I also asked today and they said that they wouldn't know anything until the end of the week after their inspections go through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter