Candy Cane Inn reopening date?

This happened to me and my family on Saturday 9/24. We drove up at 7:30pm - thought we had a place to stay and nope! We found out it was closed. I never got the email. There’s been no update on social. They never called.

We scrambled to find another place to stay that night and went to Hotel Lulu. It was fine. But it was stressful and heartbreaking to be so excited to stay at CCI and get turned away with literally no offer to help us find another place. It was not handled well.

CCI says that they did not pass inspection for their 6 ADA / accessible rooms and now have to tear down walls and redo them to code. They “might” be ready to go in December.

I will say there was no way they would have been ready for a 9/14 open date. The lobby is nowhere near done. It looked like they had a long way to go.

I’ve been a long time CCI fan and this really made me sad. I’ve had a few conversations with them and they’ve been apologetic and kind. Still. That feeling of arriving only to find you don’t have a hotel to stay at? Horrifying and unforgettable.
I'm so sorry that happened! What a stressful way to start a trip. I'm glad you were able to find somewhere else.

This happened to me and my family on Saturday 9/24. We drove up at 7:30pm - thought we had a place to stay and nope! We found out it was closed. I never got the email. There’s been no update on social. They never called.

We scrambled to find another place to stay that night and went to Hotel Lulu. It was fine. But it was stressful and heartbreaking to be so excited to stay at CCI and get turned away with literally no offer to help us find another place. It was not handled well.

CCI says that they did not pass inspection for their 6 ADA / accessible rooms and now have to tear down walls and redo them to code. They “might” be ready to go in December.

I will say there was no way they would have been ready for a 9/14 open date. The lobby is nowhere near done. It looked like they had a long way to go.

I’ve been a long time CCI fan and this really made me sad. I’ve had a few conversations with them and they’ve been apologetic and kind. Still. That feeling of arriving only to find you don’t have a hotel to stay at? Horrifying and unforgettable.
That is just plain awful!! I’m SO sorry you had to go through that. It just completely boggles my mind that they didn’t even try to help you find another place to stay either. What in the world is going on at CCI?

I hope you were able to have a wonderful trip still, despite it starting out so stressful.

Your experience is jaw dropping. It is truly baffling the way this whole thing has been handled. It would be unacceptable for any company to handle things the way CCI has -- but it seems worse when the company has had a great reputation for so long. Continuing to take reservations and cancel reservations for months (or is it years now?), often leaving guests to scramble last minute for other accomodations, paying so much more than they planned.... with no mention of their renovation happenings on their website -- everything just seems business as usual there, no reason to expect your reservation to possibly fall through....no general updates on social media...I don't even have words. Previous posters have mentioned that people understand setbacks, especially in today's climate. I agree that isn't the issue here. It's all that other stuff. ETA: All that other stuff that they DO have control over.

I am glad things worked out for you with Hotel Lulu.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry that happened to you! I had made reservations at CCI for November, but I received an email September 30 that they probably won't be able to reopen for my November reservation. I scrambled around a bit to find another place to stay and will be staying at the Westin.

Last edited:
Your experience is jaw dropping. It is truly baffling the way this whole thing has been handled. It would be unacceptable for any company to handle things the way CCI has -- but it seems worse when the company has had a great reputation for so long.

That is indeed the most mystifying aspect of this situation. CCI has always had such good customer service.

Those of you who've spoken to CCI in recent months, have you mentioned how their reputation is taking a nosedive because of their poor communication with customers? If so, what's been their response? (Apparently it hasn't included actually improving their communication. I just looked at their Facebook page and the last posting is still mid-July.)

That is indeed the most mystifying aspect of this situation. CCI has always had such good customer service.

Those of you who've spoken to CCI in recent months, have you mentioned how their reputation is taking a nosedive because of their poor communication with customers? If so, what's been their response? (Apparently it hasn't included actually improving their communication. I just looked at their Facebook page and the last posting is still mid-July.)
I have had no issues with their communication. I get timely email updates from them.

As anyone who has read my posts knows, I’m a strong supporter of CCI. WE LOVE THEM! But now, I’m just going to let it go by and enjoy that lovely kitchenette suite at the Hyatt.

Even if they open by December 1, I’m not sure I want to be the guinea pig who has to try out everything which sometimes does OR does not work 😳

Maybe by next summer, everything will be back in order.
Had my reservations cancelled for 18- 22 Sept. I had a back-up, but come 2 Sept, I cancelled it, since thet said they were opening on the 14th. On the 7th, I received the Candy Cane Cancellation. I was traveling solo and could only find an "Executive" suite for $1400!!. Was flying in , no car what was I supposed to do? Had to cancel my entire trip. Lost out on Oggie Boogie, and you can't get a refund. Very, Very upset with them. They were very unresponsive to my e-mails after that fiasco. Not sure I will book with them even after they reopen. I am retired on a fixed income, too.

Had my reservations cancelled for 18- 22 Sept. I had a back-up, but come 2 Sept, I cancelled it, since thet said they were opening on the 14th. On the 7th, I received the Candy Cane Cancellation. I was traveling solo and could only find an "Executive" suite for $1400!!. Was flying in , no car what was I supposed to do? Had to cancel my entire trip. Lost out on Oggie Boogie, and you can't get a refund. Very, Very upset with them. They were very unresponsive to my e-mails after that fiasco. Not sure I will book with them even after they reopen. I am retired on a fixed income, too.
Oh my goodness. I am SO sorry this happened to you! We had someone going the same week reach out to us for help because the did not have a back up. We could not find any rooms in Anaheim, garden grove, orange or Buena Park. They needed up staying at a hotel next to SNA and driving in every day. They were super upset too. I’m especially sorry you missed out on Oogie. So disappointing. I’m not sure what is going on with CCI right now.

Whatever it is that is delaying their refurb (if there even is something) the lack of communication and lack of transparency on their website makes me confirm I should never book them. They are burning bridges and destroying their goodwill. I have no idea why folks here seem so loyal to them when they are treating their customers so badly.

Oh my goodness. I am SO sorry this happened to you! We had someone going the same week reach out to us for help because the did not have a back up. We could not find any rooms in Anaheim, garden grove, orange or Buena Park. They needed up staying at a hotel next to SNA and driving in every day. They were super upset too. I’m especially sorry you missed out on Oogie. So disappointing. I’m not sure what is going on with CCI right now.
Veteran here, too (retired AF). They offered reasonable rates for veterans . If it wasn't for that and military tickets, I not sure I could afford to go at all. Used to go 4 - 5 times a year. Getting harder to do.

Whatever it is that is delaying their refurb (if there even is something) the lack of communication and lack of transparency on their website makes me confirm I should never book them. They are burning bridges and destroying their goodwill. I have no idea why folks here seem so loyal to them when they are treating their customers so badly.

Because their communication with me has been excellent and I have gotten timely e-mail updates on the 4 reservations that they have canceled. Their prices continue to be among the best in the area. We have been staying at the Springhill Suites but will go back to the Candy Cane as soon as it opens. The Candy Cane doesn't nickel and dime you which is absolutely unheard of in 2022.

Because their communication with me has been excellent and I have gotten timely e-mail updates on the 4 reservations that they have canceled. Their prices continue to be among the best in the area. We have been staying at the Springhill Suites but will go back to the Candy Cane as soon as it opens. The Candy Cane doesn't nickel and dime you which is absolutely unheard of in 2022.
But the numerous posts recently about people finding out they've been canceled last minute--sometimes on arrival--gives one pause as to how much they value their customers now.

Any updates? It's been pretty quiet...

I have been checking their website daily to see if they have stopped taking reservations for December yet. (I have a Dec reservation + a backup somewhere else.) They are still taking reservations beginning Dec 1.

A week ago someone left a comment on CCI's Instagram -- saying that they had called the office and asked about their Dec reservation. They were told CCI was expecting to be open early November, but cancelled Nov reservations just in case. They were also told that Dec reservations should be fine. Who knows, though.

I called and they said they still don’t have a firm opening date yet. They are hoping for the middle of November. She was great and commented that they “haven’t had the best of luck so it is hard to know what to believe.” She did recommend, “since you are cutting it so close” to finding another place but review their cancellation policy. We are going the 1st week in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter