Candy Cake! New craze!!!

cdsulhoff

Mouseketeer
Made my first Cande Cake! And I have to say I have everyone who ate a slice wants me to make one for their bday as a present!! LOL

Candy Cake are soo good

This is Chocolate shell the cake is underneath!
180520_10150131958414400_686309399_7720255_6983054_n.jpg

The cake is the same idea as a cake pop for thsoe that know what it is! Its is cake and icing mixed together and formed in a mold!
168007_10150131960509400_686309399_7720286_221369_n.jpg

Looks delicious! Can I ask if there is a website or somewhere that you learned to make this? I would like to try it.

I took the idea of CAKE POPS! and made it in a cake version not a lollipop version! this weekend I'm going to have my son video me making one step by step to put on youtube!

Step 1 bake a cake of your choice ( homemade or Box)
Let cool after baking

Step 2 Crumble cake into a large bowl and add 3/4 can of icing of your choice, to the cake crumbles, mix icing and crumble together it will be able to form.

Step 3 I took a round casserole dish and placed wax paper in the dish. you need enough to go up the sides! this will help you in the future! Smooth the top of the cake, you can use a plate to press firmly on top or a butter knife. Get it as close as you can.

Step 4 Melt semisweet chocolate ( I add a little bit of oil to help with the smoothness) you can also use candy melts they work real nicely!
pour melted chocolate on the top of the cake mold in the round dish . this is going to be your bottom, put in freezer let chocolate get hard!

step 5 Once the chocolate is hard remove and flip it onto a cooling rack! Remove the wax paper. Add the rest of the chocolate in the center and take the back of the spoon and work it in circles lightly pushing it out to the edges., making sure you get all edges.
put back into freezer to let this hard up! after that I just drizzled white chocolate on top!

I will try to get the video up by Monday!! Tonight I did a White cake with lemon icing! and a Semisweet chocolate shell! I could of design it a heck of a lot better but I didnt feel like it! BWAHAHAHA!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter