• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candlelight Processional or Osborne Lights...if you HAD to choose!?

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
What would personally get YOU more in the holiday spirits for those of us who are going to do one other park beeches MVMCP what would you choose if you had to!?

Again you guys are he greatest!

Osbourne lights.... Last year, plus although I love carols and singing, the rest of my family is not into sit down shows.... I will be in better spirits with happy campers around me!

It really depends on the individual situation... We are more on-the-go types so I would also choose the O-lights. I have seen parts of CP from a distance and, while it is beautiful, we just can't sit still for that long.

O-lights...especially since they will be gone after this year!! So sad!

Wow the lights are popular good to know! I'll stick around for a few more opinions before fully deciding but thanks guys!

What would personally get YOU more in the holiday spirits for those of us who are going to do one other park beeches MVMCP what would you choose if you had to!?

Again you guys are he greatest!

Osborne Lights and it's not even close, even if this wasn't the last year for them. That is just my opinion though. I love Christmas music and Christmas lights. I have only seen the CP once though, and plan to do it again since we did it standing in the back. People talking kind of ruined the moment. But I still didn't feel like it was something that I had to see, or all that unique, aside from the guests narrators.

Obsorne lights especially as it is the last year ( going for a week in early December to see all the christmas decorations and resorts)

Osborne Lights...you go at whatever time in the evening you want, spend as little or as much time as you want. No lining up to get in if you plan it right. And it's the last year.
With Candlelight even if you have the package you still have to line up and wait at least 45 minutes prior to the show and then it's done in 45 minutes

CP is one of the best experiences I've had at Disney. It was so beautifully done. This year I'd do OL since it's the last year:(

Wow, I am surprised by all the answers. I find the Osborn light beautiful, but crowded, and the Candlelight Processional so lovely, spiritual and inspiring. We visit the Osborn lights once and see the Candlelight Processional at least twice each Christmas season, usually with the package each time.

Bobbi

Sounds like it's a good thing we have both planned this year along with MVMCP. This is my first time to Disney for Christmas so we decided to go all out and do everything!

Depends on how close to the holiday you plan on going. If it is late november or early december - Osborne Lights. But once you start actually getting into December, the Candle Light performance is really "in the spirit of the holiday" as it is a retelling of the birth of Christ.

We will do BOTH ;) since CP is done 3 times a night we will go to HS for the fantastic O Lights and hang there for a while, the crowds thin out after the initial rush or during Fantasmic, then take the boat over to EPCOT and catch the last show of CP we will see if there are empty seats, if not we can hear it all fine right there in front of three America pavillion. Then stay for Illiminations, park is open till 9:30. OR do a early CP then over for O lights the later it gets the more of a party atmosphere it becomes.
If really only one can be picked the OSBORNE LIGHTS takes the prize, really it's the last year,CP will continue..more money to be made with it.
Bev

That's like asking to choose which child is your favorite~ :joker:
I'd have to say Osborne Lights, since it's the last year to see them.
But you DEFINITELY have to see CP sometime~ and do the package, with good seats and your favorite narrator! It makes all the difference in the world. :love::flower3:

Osborne Lights for me!
We did the Candlelight Processional last year for the first time and it was just okay. I was kind of bored to be honest.
We are going back this year just for the lights!

Any other year I would have picked CP if I could only do one. But given this is the last year for the lights, I would do that if I could only do one this year. The CP wifi (presumably) be there next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter