Candlelight Processional 2015

The information about Paint the Night running between shows does not seem possible, unless there is a major change in how the seating (for invited guests) is arranged.
In the past, with the Christmas parade, they had the parade take a hard left at the Christmas tree, bypassing the Town Square loop. I don't know if this is possible with Mack.

Just booked Club Level GCH Saturday night Dec 5th for $1228..Phew that was hard to swallow!
Wow, I got a 2 bedroom suite at the DLH with concierge cheaper than that!

I am gona have to go on Sunday now. I love once upon a time and think she will do a good job.

Argh I don't even care about the CP but I absolutely ADORE OUAT and Lana Parilla. I'll be there that weekend ( we arrive on the 5th) ugh choices..

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. There is no way we can make it for this year, but I sure want to give it a shot in 2016! It all sounds beautiful.

Thanks for the rumor. I love Lana Parrilla, but not sure I can go on a Sunday night because of the podcast. darn it. I'm still thinking I might go on Saturday for the heck of it.

Sorry if I missed this, but I've been trying to figure out what time they start walking down main street with candles for the first show? Is that right at 5:30 or is 5:30 the time they have already gotten in place to start the actual program part of it?

Thank you we have talked about it as a family with the young one and say a curb seat will have to be what we get. Question. Where do they start walking down main street from?

The little red wagon where they sell corn dogs, at the end of Main Street.
What time does the choir start walking down Main Street from the Little Red Wagon? Does the actual walk start at 5:30 or is 5:30 the start of them already being on stage for the performance? In other words, if you only hope to catch the "processional" part of the performance what time does that start? Thanks!

I looked at some video I shot last year of Candlelight, and noted the narrator started about 5:45p, so I am guessing they leave to go down Main St about 530p.

We plan on seeing Lana Parrilla at 530 on Sunday and Geena Davis at 530 on Saturday. Will love contrasting them.

Due to some personal events, there is unfortunately a chance I may not be able to make the Candlelight Processional on Sunday as planned. If not, I hope everyone on this thread that does go has a great time! And I hope there's a good video of it to watch.

I looked at some video I shot last year of Candlelight, and noted the narrator started about 5:45p, so I am guessing they leave to go down Main St about 530p.

We plan on seeing Lana Parrilla at 530 on Sunday and Geena Davis at 530 on Saturday. Will love contrasting them.

I look forward to reading your comparison.

Due to some personal events, there is unfortunately a chance I may not be able to make the Candlelight Processional on Sunday as planned. If not, I hope everyone on this thread that does go has a great time! And I hope there's a good video of it to watch.

Sorry to read this. You were looking forward to going.

Looks like I will most likely not be going. Does someone in the audience usually take video? Is there video of previous years?

Also, how does it work for the second show? Do standing room people leave after the first one? Is there a better likelihood of seeing the second one if you have to get there later?

There is video on YouTube. I know there is video from previous years. I think there is even a full length video in addition to the usual clips. Look for this year's videos starting next week. Make sure the videos are from DLR, not WDW.

Okay, now I WILL be able to go Sunday. Yay! I have a couple more specific questions now that it is getting close. Appreciate any help anyone can give me. I hate not knowing what to expect!

1) What is the best possible viewing area for the general audience? If I am willing to get there early and just wait, should I try for a bench? Or will standing viewing be better? What is the best view of the narrator for the general audience?

2) Are you able to view both shows as a general audience member if you want to? If I've waited all day am I required to give up my spot for the second show if I wanted to see it twice?

3) Anyone else going Sunday that is planning on waiting for a while that wants to be a waiting buddy?

1) What is the best possible viewing area for the general audience? If I am willing to get there early and just wait, should I try for a bench? Or will standing viewing be better? What is the best view of the narrator for the general audience?
The narrator tends to face slightly towards the right (towards the Opera House.) City Hall has stairs where you can be elevated, but the narrator will face a little away from you. (See video.)

2) Are you able to view both shows as a general audience member if you want to? If I've waited all day am I required to give up my spot for the second show if I wanted to see it twice?
I believe they clear the area after the first showing to allow more people access. But you can ask.

3) Anyone else going Sunday that is planning on waiting for a while that wants to be a waiting buddy?
This is a great way to do it, so you have someone to hold your spot while you do potty runs or snack runs.

We will be there on Sunday, but are not camping out for a place. We plan to just show up a little early. We have seen it before so we don't need to be right up front. Sorry we couldn't help out!

The narrator tends to face slightly towards the right (towards the Opera House.) City Hall has stairs where you can be elevated, but the narrator will face a little away from you. (See video.)

I believe they clear the area after the first showing to allow more people access. But you can ask.

This is a great way to do it, so you have someone to hold your spot while you do potty runs or snack runs.

Thank you for the info! I'll just have to wait until I get there to figure out where I want to be I think. And I'm hoping to make friends with those around me who will hold my spot! I'm bringing snacks, but I'll need to go to the bathroom at some point! Haha.

Glad you enjoyed my write-up from the Candlelight Processional

One of my friends who is also a cast member gets to sing in it every year, so we've made it a tradition to go listen to him. I always try to do a Trip Report too and have pictures going back to 2008!

Disneyland Candlelight Processional Photos - 2014 (Beau Bridges), 2012 (Kurt Russell), 2012 (Edward James Olmos), 2012 (Dick Van Dyke), 2012 (John Stamos), 2011 (Gary Sinise), 2010 (Tom Skerritt), 2009 (Jon Voight), 2008 (John Stamos)

For those curious about the seating, standing, etc, I made a chart from our experience in 2014.
Candlelight2014-seats-101.jpg

Just read through all your reports, and it helped me get a much better idea of what to expect! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter