Candlelight Processional 2015

I think they should do it in the Aladdin theater and yes seats many
many ppl and they should do it on all weekend night just like other shows. during Christmas time fri sat sun mid nov till Christmas.

The whole point is it's not for the average Disneyland goer- it's a Thank You to VIP's. They honestly really don't care if everyone else gets to see it, it was made to be a private appreciation event and because it's on Main Street, it's available for everyone else to view, but it was not created to be an experience open for the entire park.

WDW has a different way of doing it, but Disneyland Candelight is specifically tuned for a small part of their audience

Thank you everyone for all this great info!

I'm wondering if anyone has noticed if the people who line up on main street for the second CP are able to sit while they wait. It seems to me the line would be stationary at least until the first CP ends, so there's no reason you couldn't sit and eat dinner while waiting, but I'm not sure how out-of-the-way the line is and if there's enough space for this. My feet are usually killing me by the end of the day so I would be willing to invest more time waiting for a good spot if I could sit.

No one was sitting when I was standing and waiting on Main Street. I don't know that it never happens, but I didn't see anyone doing it at that point. And you definitely can't sit when you get moved up into Town Square.

Thank you everyone for all this great info!

I'm wondering if anyone has noticed if the people who line up on main street for the second CP are able to sit while they wait. It seems to me the line would be stationary at least until the first CP ends, so there's no reason you couldn't sit and eat dinner while waiting, but I'm not sure how out-of-the-way the line is and if there's enough space for this. My feet are usually killing me by the end of the day so I would be willing to invest more time waiting for a good spot if I could sit.

I vaguely remember people sitting on the curb by Main Street. I can't remember the timing of when it was though. Once it starts to get full, you might be asked to stand.

The lines border Main Street. Here's my photo from 2012. There's one on either side of the street with an aisle in the middle.

where? I looked and don't see anything after nov 30th I love my Bday but come on Disney show me dec. LOL

where? I looked and don't see anything after nov 30th I love my Bday but come on Disney show me dec. LOL
Like has been posted numerous times, this is a private event, held in a public area. As such, it will not appear on the calendar. (Only year it did was 2012.) So, only things we will learn are for those who have been invited. Still waiting on narrators.

Thank you for the times and possible narrator info, Malcon10t. I secretly had been hoping Amy Grant would narrate out here as she does in FL (I have never been to FL) as I absolutely love her song “Breath of Heaven” and had hoped she might sing (not necessarily that tune though it’d be awesome if she did just in general).

To everyone: I will definitely be aiming for the 5:30 Candlelight on Saturday, not sure yet if I will try to view Sunday also. Do send me a PM (please do not clog up this thread with meet posts) if you’d like to meet up. Thanks!

Rumor (and it is STRICTLY a rumor) is Lana Parilla and Geena Davis are the narrators.

Ahem. Well. I will DEFINITELY be going if that is the case. Even more than I already was planning on it.

<--

Does one do one day and the other do the other day? Or one each per night? How does that work?

Last edited:
Ahem. Well. I will DEFINITELY be going if that is the case. Even more than I already was planning on it.

Does one do one day and the other do the other day? Or one each per night? How does that work?

One each night. I'm not sure how I feel about these 2 as the narrators.

By the way, rooms at GCH are hovering about $700/night right now. Ugh

One each night. I'm not sure how I feel about these 2 as the narrators.

By the way, rooms at GCH are hovering about $700/night right now. Ugh

Sorry, by that you mean one will do both performances Saturday and the other will do both performances Sunday?

$700 per night! That's insane! Glad I live close enough to not have to stay overnight.

...Does one do one day and the other do the other day? Or one each per night? How does that work?
Posted today on Mouse Planet:
Mouse Planet said:
Candlelight rumors
If the (reliably sourced) rumors are true, Disneyland's 2015 Candlelight Processional will be narrated on Saturday, December 5 by actress Geena Davis, and on Sunday, December 6 by Once Upon a Time actress Lana Parrilla.

Davis has narrated the Candlelight Processional at Epcot, but this would be her first time behind the podium at Disneyland. This would be Parrilla's first time to narrate the show at either Disney resort.

Sources tell us the show has been revamped for this year, with new songs and arrangements. The performances are at 5:30 and 7:45 each night; with the second show bumped by 15 minutes this year to allow time for the Paint the Night parade to run between shows.

Disney has not yet made any official announcements regarding the 2015 Candlelight event, and everything should be considered rumor until confirmed.
If the narrators are correct, I will certainly try for a Sunday performance.

The information about Paint the Night running between shows does not seem possible, unless there is a major change in how the seating (for invited guests) is arranged.

The information about Paint the Night running between shows does not seem possible, unless there is a major change in how the seating (for invited guests) is arranged.
I wonder if they're going to modify the PtN route so that it bypasses Town Square. Instead of going around the flag pole, it could just head straight for the exit once it reaches the end of Main Street. I guess it all depends on the turning radius of the larger floats.

Just booked Club Level GCH Saturday night Dec 5th for $1228..Phew that was hard to swallow! :headache:

I agree, it seems like a lot of tearing down chairs and putting them back up. I don't even want to think about the masses of people if they hold the parade too.

I admit to being disappointed in the possible narrator choices also. To be fair, I have never seen Lana Parrilla in anything and only "know" Geena Davis from many years ago watching "A League of their Own." I'm sure if they are who narrate, they'll do just fine. :) I was as I posted above hoping for Amy Grant or Blair Underwood, I watched the You Tube CP from 2013 (I think) and thought he did a great job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter