• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cancelling Trip Due to Zika

I'm 5 months pregnant and plan on going in a month. I went in for a check up last week. My doctor said to follow the CDC's guidelines and be prepared to cancel a day in advance if their warnings change, and to just stay tuned. She said as of today, there is no reason to avoid Orlando. I really trust my doctor (I see a doctor out of Johns Hopkins who says their office gets daily updates from the CDC about Zika) but I honestly didn't feel uneasy about going until I wandered onto the Disboards and read a bunch of stuff about people being nervous, canceling trips, or calling pregnant women "foolish" for going as planned. Don't know if that helps, but good luck to you! Had my doctor said "Don't go" I would have canceled without thinking twice.

I've been going to Disney on a biweekly basis for about ten years. There are few mosquitos on property. I don't recall ever being bitten there (and I'm one of those people that tends to get eaten up by mosquitos). I guess their bug repellant works really well.

I'm 20 weeks and got back from a fantastic WDW vacation two weeks ago. I had a great trip and I'm not worried about Zika in the slightest. I followed the CDC recommendations and avoided Miami-Dade county. That is the ONLY area in Florida that the CDC is recommending pregnant women avoid going to.

If the CDC had declared Orlando as an area where there was active person-to-person transmission, yes, I would have cancelled. But it's not.

Just was at Coronado springs last week- mosquito was trapped in room. I am past the age of having kids but I would not be so happy if I was pregnant or looking to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter