Cancellation

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by nocomment711, Jan 29, 2013.

1. nocomment711

nocomment711 Ces Soirees-La

I was wondering if anyone knows what the cancellation policy is for rooms? I plan on going with my elderly grandma an doing all the planning without the help of AAA. There is a chance we might have to cancel, but my dad said something about a two-week window?

Any ideas or recommendations for insurance?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Claire&TheBoys

Claire&TheBoys The Queen of the Castle!

If you make a room-only reservation, you can cancel 6 days in advance and get back your deposit (one night's stay). If you cancel closer to check-in, you lose the deposit.

If you make a package reservation (room + tickets, with or without dining), you have to pay in full by 45 days from arrival. If you cancel after that, you lose the original $200 deposit. I think if you cancel within 5 days, it's $250, but I may not be right on that.

4. tiger4me2

tiger4me2 DIS Veteran

I have a room only for next month & since I booked through the Disney Travel Co they told me 5 days to cancel if booked online or elsewhere 6 days. If I have to cancel I am going to make sure it maybe 7 days to be on the safe side ;)

I was there in December 2012 & had a two nights stay room only at the WL and had to leave after one night. They said if I was out of the room I would get my money back for the next day. :)