Canadians - where are you?

Too funny! I was from Guelph,ON but over the summer we moved to Kelowna, BC. I just couldn't hack another winter like last year:scared1:

We have a FL trip planned for March 2015 (Spring Break is 2 weeks in BC), so a week on the Magic, then maybe Universal and a visit to my parents (who have a house in FL).

After that, I'm thinking we'll do a Wonder Cruise to Alaska (since we can drive to port!) and switch our trips to DL instead of DW :)

I'm in Ottawa.

We've two three family trips,POFQ January 2011 & POR January 2013. Heading to CBR from December 12-20.

Even though it's not always hot during our trips it's nice to get away from the extreme cold. The mild weather at WDW means it's never too hot while at the parks.

I'm in Snow Lake, Manitoba! Great white north. Trip is booked for January and if our winter is ANYTHING like last year, we'll be escaping -45 degrees for 'balmy' 50-70 norms. I'll take it! We'll be the ones with capris and tshirts next to the Floridians in parkas and mitts. :thumbsup2

I'm in Snow Lake, Manitoba! Great white north. Trip is booked for January and if our winter is ANYTHING like last year, we'll be escaping -45 degrees for 'balmy' 50-70 norms. I'll take it! We'll be the ones with capris and tshirts next to the Floridians in parkas and mitts. :thumbsup2

We Canadians totally deserve to have a warm vacation during our cold winters. We get -40 temps in Ottawa, this past winter was horrible.

On our vacation in January 2011 we saw a kid wearing a snowsuit at CM, my kids couldn't believe it! It was a little chilly that day, we had to wear hoodies, but not frigid. My kids still talk about seeing the girl in the snowsuit! :)

We Canadians totally deserve to have a warm vacation during our cold winters. We get -40 temps in Ottawa, this past winter was horrible.

On our vacation in January 2011 we saw a kid wearing a snowsuit at CM, my kids couldn't believe it! It was a little chilly that day, we had to wear hoodies, but not frigid. My kids still talk about seeing the girl in the snowsuit! :)

Oh yes I'd have a good laugh about that too!!!

Too funny! I was from Guelph,ON but over the summer we moved to Kelowna, BC. I just couldn't hack another winter like last year:scared1:

Such a small city and we have a large presence here! And OMG i hear you about winter last year. Summer hasn't been much of a "picnic" either. We've gone from days where it's too hot to sleep to the next digging out hoodies for a walk!! Yesterday i was camped in front of the A/C and it's dropping to around 9 tomorrow afternoon ... not going above 16 for the next 2 weeks :furious:

I'm I'm Calgary where we are already enjoying winter :) Looking forward to our upcoming trip January 21-31!

I'm I'm Calgary where we are already enjoying winter :) Looking forward to our upcoming trip January 21-31!
I am from Victoria BC where we are still enjoying an extended summer and we are going to wdw January 30th - February 9th . We are thinking of staying on property for some of the trip and renting a house with friends for six days.

Another BC er here ( outside of Vancouver). I have no next vacation plans since we just got back from Aulani last week. We did Disneyland last year and Alaska Disney Cruise in 2011 so the next obvious choice would be WDW. ;)

SERIOUSLY GUELPH?!?!? What are the chances of that??? Those are our dates for THIS year! Oct 25 - Nov 8th. Haven't been for 5 years and we can barely contain ourselves!! Currently chatting with daughter who is interested in tagging along :lmao:

lol just realized there were other Guelphers here!

We are going Sept 10-20 2015! I am so excited!

Another Calgarians here! Hoping to visit DL again in February but that trip may have to happen in the fall.

lol just realized there were other Guelphers here!

We are going Sept 10-20 2015! I am so excited!

This is getting down-right creepy!! I suppose we could call ourselves "Gryphons" and get sweatshirts with the super-sweet statue on them!! Hum, i think that would be awesome to wear to "The Dark-Side" when we go check out Harry's new Digs!!

This is getting down-right creepy!! I suppose we could call ourselves "Gryphons" and get sweatshirts with the super-sweet statue on them!! Hum, i think that would be awesome to wear to "The Dark-Side" when we go check out Harry's new Digs!!

lol I love the new statue. I was a Gryphon! Graduated 2007.

I haven't been on here in a few weeks tho, busy moving and hanging out on the Dis Sept 2015 facebook group, so it was a fun surprise to log in today and see some others from Guelph. If I recall correctly, there is someone on here from Fergus as well.

I love that statue! I actually work at the University of Guelph so I send photos to friends trying to convince them I actually work at Hogwarts.

I love the idea of having T-shirts or sweatshirts with photos of each of us with the Gryphon to wear to visit Harry. I am going to suggest that to my family for our trip next fall!

Maybe we should plan a Guelph DIS-er lunch or coffee get-together?

TP

I love that statue! I actually work at the University of Guelph so I send photos to friends trying to convince them I actually work at Hogwarts.

I love the idea of having T-shirts or sweatshirts with photos of each of us with the Gryphon to wear to visit Harry. I am going to suggest that to my family for our trip next fall!

TP

lol @working at Hogwarts. That's too funny.

I would be down for a Guelph DIS meet.

I'm curious if there are any DISers out my way. While I have a couple of friends planning trips to Disney and have asked for my help - I do not know anyone out this way who really loves Disney. Always nice to know you are not alone. :lmao:

I'm in Bowmanville, Ontario. East of Toronto and Oshawa. Anyone else? :)

Hey! I'm in Bowmanville too (that is if you are still in Bowmanville now lol) :) We should chat! I'm trying to plan on trip for November, it's our first Disney trip. :)

lol I love the new statue. I was a Gryphon! Graduated 2007.

I haven't been on here in a few weeks tho, busy moving and hanging out on the Dis Sept 2015 facebook group, so it was a fun surprise to log in today and see some others from Guelph. If I recall correctly, there is someone on here from Fergus as well.
Cue the Twilight Zone music here, my entire family lives in Fergus -- so did we up till 17 years ago! in fact one of my sisters was a CM in EPCOT for a year

TP

lol @working at Hogwarts. That's too funny.

I would be down for a Guelph DIS meet.

Not a real "face - to -face" kinda person but i might be convinced when Disney is the reason :rotfl2: Our daughter (and her fiancee) both just graduated from UofGu and hubby teaches there on occasion as well. Our daughter works behind the scenes @ Creelman Hall washing dishes!

TP

My dd is applying to Guelph for next year! We took her this summer to visit the campus and to see my brothers new house (he just moved there). We took a picture of dd with the Gryphon and University of Guelph "liked" it on Twitter:).

Note to all those wondering.. if you pose with that statue in the middle of the day when it's 90 degrees out.. don't touch it! It gets really hot!!!:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter