Canadian DVC Members - 198 - List on Page 1

OP:

Please add DW and myself as newest DVC Canadians!!

We bought 160 pts at BLT.

We've been to Disney enough in the last few years to realize that we intend to spend a good amount of money with the mouse over the next fifty. Why not pay it all now, and get it over with??? =)

First DVC trip in January at BLT.

I suppose I need to change my signature now to reflect our DVC-ness.

Standby for that!!

4Stroke.

:dance3:

Will I continue like that every year, absolutely not but we do intend on continuing going every year. We were more then happy to stay at POR ...Our options are mainly deluxe or 2 rooms at value.

Maybe someone here can help. We have been tihinking about DVC but I have no idea where to start. As much as we would love AKV, the resort is just too big for us and Bay Tower is so damn expensive. that leave us with little choice. How are the other DVC? How may points would one need to stay for a week either in May or August? How is Boardwalk villas for people with young kids?

We just bought a DVC membership to BLT.

Our situation is not so different from yours. While we have no kids....right now....we plan to bring the fam from time to time.

We asked ourselves this: In the next 50 years, do we plan to make Disney part of our annual vacation plans? The answer was yes.....so, how do you figure out where u fit in with DVC then?

Yes all DVCs are deluxe and expensive. However, a deluxe studio at BLT or AKL or SSR is so worth it. Isn't it nice to have the slightly upgraded rooms, with good food service, better outdoor amenities, etc...?

Keep in mind with DVC, your "home resort" only means that which u can book 11 months prior. BLT was more expensive on paper, but has cheaper yearly dues than AKV. Do some math, find out which fits "YOUR" family best.

I've yet to experience my first DVC stay, but I did the excel spreadsheets....the numbers make sense.

More importantly than money.....its Disney......for the next 50 years of your family's life.

How cool is that?

cheers!
4Stroke
:wizard:

Can you please remove Tollerwalker and add Canadian Disney Mom to the list? I created a new user island no longer use the old one. We bought 200 SSR pts direct from Disney in 2005 and 200 SSR pts resale in 2011.

Thanks
Jess

You can add us also, we bought SSR in 2010 and added AKV in 2011. Who knows what the future holds?? Probably more points :lmao:

Can you please add Canadian Disney Mom and remove Tollerwalker? I recently changed my user name.

We have been members at SSR since 2005 (200pts June UY). We did an add on this summer through resale for SSR (200pts June UY).

Thanks!
J

we are possibly looking at getting DVC points (a friends family is looking at possibly selling theirs) would 160 be enough for a weeks trip? the home resort is Californian, But I really have no clue, I have looked at calculators, but it seems like we will only get a few nights as we need something for 5 ppl.

I'm looking in to DVC right now and just received the information package today in the mail! :banana: I'm just wondering if anybody has ever regretted buying DVC? It's a big decision and a lot of money to fork over. I know that there is a certain grace period where if you regret buying timeshares in the states you can cancel, is there something similar in Canada?

I'm looking in to DVC right now and just received the information package today in the mail! :banana: I'm just wondering if anybody has ever regretted buying DVC? It's a big decision and a lot of money to fork over. I know that there is a certain grace period where if you regret buying timeshares in the states you can cancel, is there something similar in Canada?

My hubby and I are also looking into a DVC membership. We got our information package. But then also kept getting phone calls from a very -pushy- sales person. I am not saying that it's not "their job" to try and push sales. But this guy was a little over bearing.

We are still going to consider a membership. But I am having trouble understand all the different terms and points system. I think we might take the tour while we are at the MK this year.

we are possibly looking at getting DVC points (a friends family is looking at possibly selling theirs) would 160 be enough for a weeks trip? the home resort is Californian, But I really have no clue, I have looked at calculators, but it seems like we will only get a few nights as we need something for 5 ppl.

I don't see too many westerners on here so I was excited to see your post.

I own at the Grand Californian and am sooooo glad that I do. I'd been looking at DVC for years but had been told to buy where I plan to vacation and now I see why. Let me explain. If VGC is your home resort, you can make reservations 11 months before your check in date. If your home resort is somewhere else, then you can't make reservations until 7 months out. This is a big deal because during peak times, VGC likely won't have any available space. There are less than 100 villas at VGC compared to over 1000, or something, in Orlando.

As for the 160 points, it will depend on how often you plan on going. I only have 125 but it's enough for us. If we only go every 3 years, with banking and borrowing, that gives us 375 points to play with. If you were to do the same, you'd have 480 points every three years. That would get you six nights in a two bedroom villa, in July or August.

Hope this helps.

Can you please add Canadian Disney Mom and remove Tollerwalker? I recently changed my user name.

We have been members at SSR since 2005 (200pts June UY). We did an add on this summer through resale for SSR (200pts June UY).

Thanks!
J

We bought in July 2006 and want to add on too. I also saw your ticker and now I am thinking of spending my BIG Birthday there...hehe

OP:

Please add DW and myself as newest DVC Canadians!!

We bought 160 pts at BLT.

We've been to Disney enough in the last few years to realize that we intend to spend a good amount of money with the mouse over the next fifty. Why not pay it all now, and get it over with??? =)

First DVC trip in January at BLT.

I suppose I need to change my signature now to reflect our DVC-ness.

Standby for that!!

4Stroke.

Hi 4Stroke
I am in London ON too. Do you know if we do meetups in the city somewhere?
Cheers

Hi all we are maybe not the newest Canadian DVC members, but just recently found the Canadian forum. We bought into Saratoga Springs back in May and our first trip will be over New Year’s this year. We haven’t been to Disney since our Honey Moon, but now that we have a soon to be five year old and a two year old we figured DVC was a good idea.

Hello in particular to Disney180 and 4Stroke as we are Londers as well.

Hello all!

Just bought at BWV...am looking forward to booking our first DVC vacation...

Family of 5 from Toronto area.

DW and I bought into the DVC!! We bought 220 points!! Very excited to start booking our vacations and knowing that were are going to be going on a few each year for the next 45 years :cool1:

My hubby and I are also looking into a DVC membership. We got our information package. But then also kept getting phone calls from a very -pushy- sales person. I am not saying that it's not "their job" to try and push sales. But this guy was a little over bearing.

We are still going to consider a membership. But I am having trouble understand all the different terms and points system. I think we might take the tour while we are at the MK this year.

When DW and I bought into DVC in 2009, we had looked at things for awhile previously (online research mainly), but also waited until doing the tour when we were at WDW. Even then, we didn't immediately take the plunge, but waited until a few days later when we were on a Disney Cruise. Then we bought in to take advantage of the great incentives offered.

Please add me to the list! I own at OKW and HHI and live in Montreal, Quebec. Bought on the resale market as DVD not authorized to sell timeshares in Quebec. Anyone else from Montreal or Quebec City out there?

Please add me to the list! I own at OKW and HHI and live in Montreal, Quebec. Bought on the resale market as DVD not authorized to sell timeshares in Quebec. Anyone else from Montreal or Quebec City out there?

Hey neighbour :)
We live in Montreal!!! We own at BLT, BCV and Vero Beach. Best thing we EVER purchased.Welcome to the boards. Where in Montreal do you live?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter