Canadian Buffoon European Vacation - 30/03 - Endings and Silver Linings

Too late for any more votes. I won my appeal. Case dismissed. :woohoo:

No gloating!!!

Oh, alright... go ahead. Just don't overdo it.

:lmao: Love that song! Second only to .... oh darn it. I'm at work so I can't post a Youtube link.

It's the Galaxy song (aka the Universe song).

I hear ya on the not so good small world! No injuries for anyone but my back and neck feel like I got hit by a semi. Just got home from having a massage to see if that will help and will be calling the chiropractor tomorrow morning.

No one showed up to tow my car to the repair place Saturday so I have to call in the morning to find out what is going on. Still hoping they can fix it instead of totalling it...I really don't want a new car payment!

Jill in CO

Sorry to hear that you're hurtin'.
Any word on the car yet?

I have a feeling you would have handled her just fine. I read what you do with and for your girls so I'm sure baby Buzz would be in good hands.

Oh, absolutely. And they sleep really well with me.

Me and a rag soaked in gas.

What?
Problem?

And before I get yelled at... no I don't really do that.

much.

The good news is that as of yesterday, both of the top teeth have broken through. She rested so much better last night....and so did I. ;)

:cool1:

Uh-oh. That doesn't sound too good. If I didn't know better, with that kind of ominous statement, I would swear I was reading a Nebo TR. :sad2:

Yer fishin', lady. Ya wanna know what happens, you'll hafta keep readin'!

Yep, just like taxes and the surety of something going awry on a Nebo trip, you can count on Ol Buzz always being in for the lengthy TR. Hey, I'm not alone, if I remember correctly Marita prefers extended TRs as well.

So I can wait 'til November before posting the next chapter?

Yes, my friend, it is way too hot to ship zebra domes right now.

Way too hot to ship...

to ship...

to........

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaa dooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

D'oh! Look what you did!

It is averaging about 90 degrees daily here, with Orlando being a few degrees higher. I think you would get ZD gelatinous goo even with the 40 tons of dry ice DH would purchase.

Um... erk. Thanks for that description, I feel both better and worse at the same time.

but you know daddy, I got your eyes...:flower3:

now, please post another chapter!

Yes, I know you got my eyes... and I want them back!

I'm getting tired of using Nebo's braille keyboard.

HOLY COW Pkondz!!

Holy_Cow___Updated_by_Mirz123.gif

What a freaking scary "near miss" accident. I'm with Jill, I would have needed new shorts!

And Jill, what in the world!?

You guys were lucky and blessed that nothing more serious happened! I'm so glad you are okay! :grouphug:

Apparently, I'm a bit more okay then Jill. I just had a fright, she got the full meal deal!

wow how very scary!!!! glad you're ok..

I do not like shopping either! yuck!

I know, right! There's nothing more frightening than shopping. :eek:

We must have a Dismeet next time you come.

Can I come, too?

Or is this a girls only thing? (At least I know you won't be shopping)

!

Talk about a delayed reaction, it didn't hit me till today!

I looked at those pics and thought, wow that looks familiar and just couldn't place it.

Hey! Someone got it!

Ginko Beloba(?), please save me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

OK, talk about a delayed reaction

I think I just repeated myself. Can the HOME be far away?

Hey! Someone got it!

uh...

I'm with Lady Elle, another chapter, please. :thumbsup2

I can't! DeeDee says I can't post one until November.

I won't be anywhere near Boma or Mara anytime soon, sorry. I'll have to make it up to you another way...I did find a recipe for Red Chile Toffee that I'm debating on trying sometime in the near future...

That sounds intriguing.

Nice! I'll be waiting...How much can you spot me?

How about 4000 Cambodian Riels???

Not bad, huh?

Nope, If you did that at the airport, you would have been waiting WITH a woman...at the mall you were waiting ON a woman. Completely different. And not the same song. :rotfl:

Nope. If I'd done that at the airport, that would've been a bad thing.
And I never wait on a woman, I'm very quick.

ummm.....

What are we talking about?
Other then I think that I've just insulted and embarrassed myself somehow?

Just make sure you have your shotgun ready, when that first boy comes to the door...Cleaning this Gun - Rodney Atkins

:headache: I'm at work, so I'll check the link later.

Does Mike, know? I won't tell him if you don't.
He does now! :headache:

Nah. He stopped reading a couple of days ago. Hadn't you heard?

Glad you enjoyed it. I had fun breaking it down. Didn't realize I pretty much did the entire thing. Sorry...:cutie:

Don't apologize!!!

It was great! Loved it.
Great job!

so T-Man has to slam on the breaks, but we stop in time...In time to see a white SUV behind us, coming at a pretty decent 45 mph speed just as he slams into the back of the truck. I really don't think he even stepped on his breaks. This in turn sends us into the back of the SUV in front of us. :headache:

Odd, how it's not you or your driving that gets you in trouble. It's the inattentive driver behind you. :sad2:

It's a sad fact of life that there are some people out there who have licenses... that shouldn't.

As we watched the SUV approach us, T-Man was seriously debating jerking the truck up on the sidewalk to the right of us to get out of the way...It's a good thing he didn't. I can only imagine the damage that could have happened to the SUV in front of us, especially since they had kids in the backseat. At least with us being pushed into them, it wasn't as bad as taking the brunt of it all. Needless to say, we were late for our appointment with the realtor. :sad2:

I actually did that once. Two cars ahead of me suddenly braked. The car ahead of me braked. I started to brake... glanced in my mirror and instead pulled over to the side... and watched as a pick-up truck crashed into the car that previously was in front of me. He was braking, though, so it was just a fender bender... But if I hadn't moved, it would have been a lot worse for both of us.

You forgot the part where I start with, "Buzz! What are you doing here?"

Yeah, so this is the rest of the story. After work about two days before we met you for the trade off at the airport, I was like, "Kids, Mom needs to run a quick errand for a friend. We're just going to take a quick drive to Canada. You guys don't mind do you?" Upon which I burst into "Canada, My Canada" for approximately 48 hours or so. The song tends to loop in my head.

It was great catching a momentary flash of the Pkondz family as I donated Tinkerbuzz to you for a period of time. Hope she was well behaved for you. ;)

Oh, CARP!!! I've done it again!!!!

I better not tick off DeeDee or I'll be bereft of little portions of heaven.

Heavens!

Rest assured Pkondz, you can't tick me off. Okay, you could but I would still get you zebra domes because it's become a mission and there is a way to make it happen. I'm looking at you Pembina, ND!!!

wow how very scary!!!! glad you're ok..

I do not like shopping either! yuck!

Woo-hoo Smidgy! So glad you are a member of our anti-shopping club. I don't like grocery shopping either, but I have to feed the kids something. It's a necessary evil.

I liked you the minute you posted your first post! :hug: I haven't bought a new thing in a year. I must soon though, new job in two weeks :eek:

We must have a Dismeet next time you come.

You are on Marita! Meeting you would be the highlight of the trip for me!

And yes, Pkondz, it would be ahead of getting the ZDs for you. Getting those to you would be a highlight, just not THE highlight. ZDs are mass produced, we only have one Marita!

Oh, absolutely. And they sleep really well with me.

Me and a rag soaked in gas.

What?
Problem?

And before I get yelled at... no I don't really do that.

much.

Brings a whole new meaning to "Hush little baby...." :rotfl:

Yer fishin', lady. Ya wanna know what happens, you'll hafta keep readin'!

Remember the captive audience bit? Yeah, I'm still tied up here. I have no choice but to keep reading! ;)

So I can wait 'til November before posting the next chapter?

Yeesh, surely you're not going the route of putting me in the position of Simon Says in your TR right? You wouldn't do that, would you old buddy, old pal?

Way too hot to ship...

to ship...

to........

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaa dooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

D'oh! Look what you did!

:rotfl2:

Um... erk. Thanks for that description, I feel both better and worse at the same time.

You don't need to thank me. That's what friends are for! ;)

OMG! Love it!! :rotfl:

I can't! DeeDee says I can't post one until November.

Yep, you made me Simon! :sad2:

Okay everybody, Simon says touch your nose. ;)

You are on Marita! Meeting you would be the highlight of the trip for me!

And yes, Pkondz, it would be ahead of getting the ZDs for you. Getting those to you would be a highlight, just not THE highlight. ZDs are mass produced, we only have one Marita!

Calm down, Buzz, LOL.

You think I'm boring online, I'm even worse in person. A talker I am not (ask Smidgy). Talking and shopping are not my strong suits. But if you can talk, we are golden, I love to listen :)

Hi Ponzerooni! Sorry that it took me so long to find you (or maybe that was on purpose?). Embarrassed to admit that I've become a bit of a lurker of late, turns out that making your hobby into a second job can take up a lot of free time. I'm here now though, and ready to harass you-I mean join in the fun!

Beautiful girls! I'm excited to hear about the trip!

Calm down, Buzz, LOL.

You think I'm boring online, I'm even worse in person. A talker I am not (ask Smidgy). Talking and shopping are not my strong suits. But if you can talk, we are golden, I love to listen :)

You are far from boring Marita! You always have my back around here, with certain people (yep, P and N I'm referring to you), I need the support, particularly when tangents are shifting and flying. ;)

Yeah, so this is the rest of the story. After work about two days before we met you for the trade off at the airport, I was like, "Kids, Mom needs to run a quick errand for a friend. We're just going to take a quick drive to Canada. You guys don't mind do you?" Upon which I burst into "Canada, My Canada" for approximately 48 hours or so. The song tends to loop in my head.

It was great catching a momentary flash of the Pkondz family as I donated Tinkerbuzz to you for a period of time. Hope she was well behaved for you. ;)

That's pretty much how I remember it. She was very well behaved. Slept the whole time...

Well, at least she wasn't awake, the whole time.

Rest assured Pkondz, you can't tick me off. Okay, you could but I would still get you zebra domes because it's become a mission and there is a way to make it happen. I'm looking at you Pembina, ND!!!

Woot! I've got carte blanche here, people!!!

Woo-hoo Smidgy! So glad you are a member of our anti-shopping club. I don't like grocery shopping either, but I have to feed the kids something. It's a necessary evil.

boll_weevil_full.jpg

Sorry, I just felt that picture was necessary.

I should feel slighted here. Having to play second fiddle and all.

But when you're right, you're right.

Nope. Can't do it.
I should be number 1 on your list!!!!

Calm down, Buzz, LOL.

That cracked me up. :lmao:

Nah. I don't believe it for a second.
I'm betting you've got tons of stories from your job that you could regale us with.

Me, on the other hand.... I'm kinda dreading any DISmeets.

I can see it now.

"Oh, look! Here comes pkondz! He's so cool! So amazing! So suave! So debonair! So..."

Well, you get the general idea. I couldn't possibly list all the plaudits that you'd heap upon me.

Anyway...
"Here comes pkondz!"
I sashay up to the group.
I glance knowingly at each of you in turn.
I sit, oh so nonchalantly, yet with such a commanding presence, on a nearby seat.
What will I say? What pearl of wisdom shall I utter...
And out it comes.

"Huh?"

Yep. Just ask Nebo. A sparkling conversationalist, I am not.

A typist, perhaps.
But not much for small talk.

Ah well, there it is.

Hi Ponzerooni! Sorry that it took me so long to find you (or maybe that was on purpose?). Embarrassed to admit that I've become a bit of a lurker of late, turns out that making your hobby into a second job can take up a lot of free time. I'm here now though, and ready to harass you-I mean join in the fun!

Beautiful girls! I'm excited to hear about the trip!

Oh.... carp.

I owe you a big apology.
I was kinda wondering if you'd dropped off the DIS. Here I hadn't heard or seen anything from you for a while.
I thought I'd say something pithy like, "Well! Look who's back! Haven't heard from you since...."

Better check your PTR, to see when you last posted....

How did I miss that you'd posted a link to your TR??????

I have no idea.
A thousand apologies, my lady.

I will be heading over to your TR as soon as I can!

You always have my back around here, with certain people (yep, P and N I'm referring to you), I need the support, particularly when tangents are shifting and flying. ;)

Who is this "P and N" person you're talking about? He doesn't sound like a particularly pleasant person!

Okay, so the boll weevil picture actually scares me to death. Tinkerbuzz is crawling everywhere, pulling up on everything, and you guys probably can guess where this is going......trying to eat everything she can find, but most especially if it is something she should not eat. A small piece of string? Delicious! And she's on to me....as soon as I catch her and go to remove the object she clamps her jaws and I mean they are sealed shut.

I'm calling it now, Tinkerbuzz is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

It's just a matter of time before she tries to eat a bug, hopefully just not an evil looking bug like the boll weevil!! :sad2:

Me, on the other hand.... I'm kinda dreading any DISmeets.

I can see it now.

"Oh, look! Here comes pkondz! He's so cool! So amazing! So suave! So debonair! So..."

Well, you get the general idea. I couldn't possibly list all the plaudits that you'd heap upon me.

Anyway...
"Here comes pkondz!"
I sashay up to the group.
I glance knowingly at each of you in turn.
I sit, oh so nonchalantly, yet with such a commanding presence, on a nearby seat.
What will I say? What pearl of wisdom shall I utter...
And out it comes.

"Huh?"

Yep. Just ask Nebo. A sparkling conversationalist, I am not.

A typist, perhaps.
But not much for small talk.

Ah well, there it is.

I find that hard to believe. One of these days, I'm going to have to call the P. Kondz home just to test out your small talk skills. Nebo claims his phone battery died the other night, but I suspect he got tired of hearing laughter in his ear and he hung up on me! ;)

Who is this "P and N" person you're talking about? He doesn't sound like a particularly pleasant person!

The "you" should be a "you guys" or "ya'll". :rolleyes:

Okay, so the boll weevil picture actually scares me to death. Tinkerbuzz is crawling everywhere, pulling up on everything, and you guys probably can guess where this is going......trying to eat everything she can find, but most especially if it is something she should not eat. A small piece of string? Delicious! And she's on to me....as soon as I catch her and go to remove the object she clamps her jaws and I mean they are sealed shut.

I'm calling it now, Tinkerbuzz is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

It's just a matter of time before she tries to eat a bug, hopefully just not an evil looking bug like the boll weevil!! :sad2:

I remember that stage... But I've since stopped.

Acid reflux

But (as Neebs would say... but it's perfect here so I'm stealing it), I digest.

Our pup is 6 now, but she's got a sensitive stomach.
For the first couple of years, though... Oy!

"Clean up on aisle 7!"

Pkondz, I have to tell you about DS's upcoming history test. Well, at least the preparation for it.

One of the review questions was Canada is a:

a) city

b) country

c) state

d) frozen wasteland

e) pavilion in World Showcase

My little intrepid third grader chose the correct answer, of course a tie between d and e! ;)

No really, he did give the correct answer, but DH changed it up a bit and said "Mr. Pkondz lives here". No delay at all, I don't think DS even blinked before he said Canada.

He has four tests tomorrow, spelling, French, math, and history. Third grade seems to be where the schooling starts to get a little "real". :sad2:

I need to post his weekly challenge words so some of you crafty wordsmiths can help me break them down into easy to remember segments. :idea:

Pkondz, I have to tell you about DS's upcoming history test. Well, at least the preparation for it.

One of the review questions was Canada is a:

a) city

b) country

c) state

d) frozen wasteland

e) pavilion in World Showcase

My little intrepid third grader chose the correct answer, of course a tie between d and e! ;)

No really, he did give the correct answer, but DH changed it up a bit and said "Mr. Pkondz lives here". No delay at all, I don't think DS even blinked before he said Canada.

Actually....

They're all right!

a) city : Canada derives from the native "Kanata" which means village, so you could say this is correct.

b) country : self explanatory

c) state : given the state of our various levels of government... we are in a state of despair or disillusionment... so this is correct, too.

d) frozen wasteland : again... self explanatory

e) pavilion in World Showcase : so I hear... haven't been in it though. Which is kinda weird, no?

He has four tests tomorrow, spelling, French, math, and history. Third grade seems to be where the schooling starts to get a little "real". :sad2:

I need to post his weekly challenge words so some of you crafty wordsmiths can help me break them down into easy to remember segments. :idea:

How'd the tests go? And feel free to post away...

Yuck bugs!!! You're going to make me start itching!

I think its time for an update!

Oh? I thought I wasn't supposed to update until November?

Oh, all right. I'll get started on the next one soonish.

Ready for an update?

Me too!

And I was just finishing off the first draft when I lost it all.

:sad:

Back to the drawing board

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter