Canadian Buffoon European Vacation - 30/03 - Endings and Silver Linings

The Shelby I send her will still be in its original Hot Wheels packaging. :) It does get great mileage and the insurance rates are really low! :rotfl2:

Jill in CO

I had a sneaking suspicion you were leaning that way.

T-Man's going to be disapointed that your share of the real, full size car will only be about $5.

I keep thinking that there's something I should be doing...

hmmmm....

Nope. Can't put my finger on it.

Oh, well. It'll come to me eventually...

I had a sneaking suspicion you were leaning that way.

T-Man's going to be disapointed that your share of the real, full size car will only be about $5.

After pouring $20K into my real Mustang, $5 is about all I can spare. :)

Jill in CO

Hang on a minute!
You promised her a New car.

It will be new when you send me the money and I buy it.

Taking it to Chicago is a slight detour and I'll allow it.
But all the way to Cleveland?

Actually, its all the way to New York.

That makes it a Used car.

So I slightly use it a little. I consider a car less than 3 months old still new.

I'll make sure to buy some of the "New Car Smell" air freshener before turning over the keys. At least it will smell new.

Speaking of road trips, though...
Yesterday I was at the mall with Kay picking up a few things.

Ooh. Am I getting more chocolate bars in the mail?

We were in a bookstore when I saw this book on road trips in the USA.

Gee what are the odds of that? :rolleyes:

(Well, one did end in Canada, at Jasper Nat'l Park)
It looked really interesting... but the $40 price was a deterrent.

Still... it did have details on one trip I want to make (I think it's HWY101)
from SoCal to NW Washington, along the coast.

That would be a nice drive, I think.

Driving the 101 is a nice drive. Just don't get lost like we did. That's coming up in our TR. Probably about 4 months from now.

Jill in CO

Why would I be disappointed. Not coming out of my pocket. I offered to buy the new car. I didn't say with my money though. That's $5 less that Ponzi has to dish out from his own pockets. After all, I am delivering it for free. Which means gas is coming out of my personal funds. I just hope he's willing to give me a ride back to the airport after I deliver the car. If not, Elle will. After all it is her car I'm delivering.

I keep thinking that there's something I should be doing...

hmmmm....

Nope. Can't put my finger on it.

Oh, well. It'll come to me eventually...

I can only hope it's a trip to the depot to make a pickup.

I don't understand the logic of going from SC to Miami, FL in route to the Peg. :sad2:

When are you and Thumpy getting her the Shelby?
Awfully nice of you guys!

After years of driving to dance class five to seven days a week....

aaaaahhhhh.....
flatto-relaxed.gif

I actually worry very little about her driving.
She's a good, cautious driver.

Of course, if she'd been a boy, instead...
grosse_augen.gif

And it's really Ruby's car. I insisted. Last one I wound up with so this one was gonna be for her.

As nerve-wracking as letting him drive on his own was, the fact that he could drive himself to track practice was priceless!! No more rearranging my hours so I could pick him up or drop him off when a car pool fell through! And he can run a few errands for me as well...:rolleyes1

He is a good, cautious driver as well. We've been doing our best warning him how dangerous the road is since he was a baby ;). He was even in the back seat when I was hit once; luckily, no one was hurt, but he was able to see it first hand.

And we told him this is the only car we would get him, the next one is on his dime...he sort of needs to graduate from college before he can pay for that, so he needs it to last.

But the hike in insurance rates for teenage boys...:headache:

I might use that route T-Man - planning a trip to both the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone and was trying to figure out the easiest way - I don't think there is a great one though...lots of road.

Oh my gosh! turn my back for a month or two and our little elle nails a dance comp, gets her license and a nice ride? she is having a GREAT year so far. congrats to her and to you guys for surviving getting a teen on the road. I am glad you got to sit back and watch you baby dance. I am the family photog also and I miss a lot trying to get those pics.
I have been checking in on your tr and tmans' too but this whole work thing is really cutting into my dis time. heck I can't keep up with my own tr.:confused3 (yeah finally got the chapter done and up.
would like to pepper you with my witty commentary but I need to get back to my sewing machine. Little miss Scarlett will be turning 1 on Saturday (again where is the time going) and I am making her a cape. Her party is going to be Batgirl themed and making her a classic batgirl black and purple cape. I tried the "no cape!" line (name the movie) but mom wants a cape for pics. so cape it is.
have a great night and stay warm folks

Twenty thousand??? Please tell me you have a classic and had it fully restored!

It will be new when you send me the money and I buy it.

Money's there. Just pick it up at the bank.... don't forget to send me the $500 for the key.

Actually, its all the way to New York.

Oh, that makes it so much better. :rolleyes:

So I slightly use it a little. I consider a car less than 3 months old still new.

I'll make sure to buy some of the "New Car Smell" air freshener before turning over the keys. At least it will smell new.

Okay. That'll work.

Ooh. Am I getting more chocolate bars in the mail?

Want some?

Gee what are the odds of that? :rolleyes:

Hey. It won't be long before you won't find books in a book store.
There'll just be a WiFi hotspot where you can download e-books and buy junk.

Driving the 101 is a nice drive. Just don't get lost like we did. That's coming up in our TR. Probably about 4 months from now.

:lmao:

Why would I be disappointed. Not coming out of my pocket. I offered to buy the new car. I didn't say with my money though. That's $5 less that Ponzi has to dish out from his own pockets.

Sweet! :cool1:

After all, I am delivering it for free. Which means gas is coming out of my personal funds.

Ya got that right!

I just hope he's willing to give me a ride back to the airport after I deliver the car. If not, Elle will. After all it is her car I'm delivering.

That's what cabs are....

Oh, fine. I'll drive you. It's close to work anyway.

I think they come standard with both now. Just need to change the settings from miles to kilometers.

I knew they did up here, wasn't sure if it was the same down there.

I can only hope it's a trip to the depot to make a pickup.

I don't understand the logic of going from SC to Miami, FL in route to the Peg. :sad2:

Nope... not that... yet.

Logic? Since when did logic ever come into package delivery?

As nerve-wracking as letting him drive on his own was, the fact that he could drive himself to track practice was priceless!! No more rearranging my hours so I could pick him up or drop him off when a car pool fell through! And he can run a few errands for me as well...:rolleyes1

He is a good, cautious driver as well. We've been doing our best warning him how dangerous the road is since he was a baby ;). He was even in the back seat when I was hit once; luckily, no one was hurt, but he was able to see it first hand.

Interesting you should say that. Both girls were with me when I had my accident. No one was hurt but the car was a write-off.

And we told him this is the only car we would get him, the next one is on his dime...he sort of needs to graduate from college before he can pay for that, so he needs it to last.

But the hike in insurance rates for teenage boys...:headache:

Elle's car is still in our name. She's just "borrowing it".
Next year, it's all on her, though.

Oh my gosh! turn my back for a month or two and our little elle nails a dance comp, gets her license and a nice ride? she is having a GREAT year so far.

Welllll..... odd as this might sound, she's actually having a very rough year, this year.
So when good things happen, we're very, very grateful.

congrats to her and to you guys for surviving getting a teen on the road.

It was.... interesting. :rolleyes2

I am glad you got to sit back and watch you baby dance. I am the family photog also and I miss a lot trying to get those pics.

Usually, at the end of the year, Elle asks me which dance I liked best.
My usual answer is, "I have no idea!" :sad2:

I have been checking in on your tr and tmans' too but this whole work thing is really cutting into my dis time. heck I can't keep up with my own tr.:confused3 (yeah finally got the chapter done and up.

I know... and I'll be heading over there tomorrow (I hope!)

Little miss Scarlett will be turning 1 on Saturday (again where is the time going) and I am making her a cape. Her party is going to be Batgirl themed and making her a classic batgirl black and purple cape. I tried the "no cape!" line (name the movie) but mom wants a cape for pics. so cape it is.

:lmao:

Oh, and "The Incredibles".

have a great night and stay warm folks

Actually, it's really nice right now.
25F

Toasty.

Twenty thousand??? Please tell me you have a classic and had it fully restored!

Oh yes. 1966 Mustang Convertible

It started last summer looking like this:

Add a little money for bodywork and paint and it now looks like this:

Not quite a Shelby but I'm working my way up!

Jill in CO

Oh yes. 1966 Mustang Convertible

Add a little money for bodywork and paint and it now looks like this:

Not quite a Shelby but I'm working my way up!

Wow! Nice! Can I haz?
Did you do any (or all) work yourself? Or have it done?

Either way, I'd love to do that.... but... apparently I'm buying a new one??

Ok...First things first...CONGRATULATIONS ELLE, and way to go Proud Pappa! I know from first hand experience, being a dancer, that there is no way that anyone can get to the place they are at, (i.e., winning, losing or anywhere in between) without the support of their family. If you hadn't driven her to all the events or rehearsals, or hadn't been there to cheer her on, it wouldn't have been as big of a deal as it is. So way to go!

Now on to my other comment...

As soon as you transfer the money into my bank account. Lady H and I will get with Jill and we'll go pick it out together. Heck we'll even personally deliver it to your house. May have a few thousand miles on it though and probably take us at least 4-6 months to get there; but it will eventually get there.

Lets see. I-40 west to the Grand Canyon then on to US 93 to Las Vegas.
From there take the I-15 to the Great Salt Lake.

From there East on I-80 then North on US-189 to Yellowstone.

Since we'll be so close to Mt. Rushmore, may have to head East. Since it's along the way and all.

From there we might go to Chicago or more specific Carpentersville. You know check in on Nebo and Smidgy.

Gotta see the great lakes. I've never been there.

Lady H may want to stop in Minnesota to visit the Mall of America.

After that, I guess we can hit I-94 to I-29 then onto Winnipeg.

You know what, I forgot I told OK2 that if we were ever in the area we would stop by to visit and we would go to Cedar Point. NJ isn't far from there. I've always wanted to go and ride Kingda Ka. Liberty Island is also close by, so might have to stop there as well. May take a little longer than expected the more I look at the map.

This is the first I hear of this little road trip...Why is it that it takes, buying a friends child a car, in order to get you to take me to New York? Or anywhere that isn't Disneyfied or Vegas (Not that there is anything wrong with Disney or Vegas). :confused3

If this was all we had to do...we have been friends...cohorts...strangers that talk through a glass window...for a while now, and we could have spoiled his children years ago!!! :rolleyes1

I love Mustangs!!! I've had 2. My first was a hand me down. 1981 blue with a push button radio. Then in 2000 I got a used 1999. Black and so cool! Unfortunately I wasn't very good driving it in the snow so I traded it in. Still wish I hadn't! I'm getting another one when I retire and move to a warm climate.

I was wondering mr thumper why I was not included in your road trip at first. mrs t, you know that Coney Island also has a fun wheel? :lmao:

Ok...First things first...CONGRATULATIONS ELLE, and way to go Proud Pappa! I know from first hand experience, being a dancer, that there is no way that anyone can get to the place they are at, (i.e., winning, losing or anywhere in between) without the support of their family. If you hadn't driven her to all the events or rehearsals, or hadn't been there to cheer her on, it wouldn't have been as big of a deal as it is. So way to go!

Yeah! It's all me!
Me! Me! Me!

Well... maybe Elle did a little bit too.

I wonder how many hours and miles I've logged over the years?
Then again, it's probably no more and possibly a lot less than any other parent out there.

This is the first I hear of this little road trip...Why is it that it takes, buying a friends child a car, in order to get you to take me to New York?

'Cause you needs a purpose! And I've provided it!
I'm a giver.
Yup.

If this was all we had to do...we have been friends...cohorts...strangers that talk through a glass window...for a while now, and we could have spoiled his children years ago!!! :rolleyes1

Lord knows I don't.
But I do beat them frequently.
Helps keep 'em in line, ya know.

Thanks! I did a lot of the mechanical work but had the body and paint professionally done. Working on the interior myself right now.

:worship:

I was wondering mr thumper why I was not included in your road trip at first. mrs t, you know that Coney Island also has a fun wheel? :lmao:

I hear that Lady H really loves those!

They're here! They're here!

I got a package in the mail today...

COOKIES!!!!

I took some pictures, so you can all see for yourselves.
But I have to get them bucketed first.
Should be up tomorrow.

Dee Dee, you were far, far too generous!
I can't thank you enough!

(And FYI... we tried the thin mints first. mmmmmm......)

HOORAY!!!

I can't wait to hear which cookie is the ultimate family favorite. I'm also a tad curious as to the condition of the box as to whether you are consuming cookie dust. ;)

I'm glad you are all enjoying them so far! :goodvibes

HOORAY!!!

I can't wait to hear which cookie is the ultimate family favorite. I'm also a tad curious as to the condition of the box as to whether you are consuming cookie dust. ;)

I'm glad you are all enjoying them so far! :goodvibes

Just finished loading the pics to photobucket.
Should have 'em up later this afternoon/tonight.

Then you can see for yourself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter