Canadian Buffoon European Vacation - 30/03 - Endings and Silver Linings

So, the weekend dance competition came to an end tonight.

I edited my previous post to include the following:

pkondz said:
The entire competition ran from Thursday morning through Sunday late afternoon.
Over 600 routines were performed (I believe it was 625).
There were solos, duos, trios, small groups line groups and large groups.
There were multiple genres in addition to the ones Elle performed in (e.g. musical theatre, tap, hip hop, etc.)

On Sunday evening they announced several awards with the big one, the highest scoring routine, last.

Yup. Elle's Contemporary piece scored #1 out of over 600!

Yeah. Still not sorry for bragging. :laughing:

Congratulations Elle!!

Wow, Platinum Thunder!! That is some distinction! :goodvibes

I know you work hard and it's so nice when all that hard work pays off......with platinum thunder no less!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I'll pass that on to her.

You tell Nebo that just because he can't post all the time doesn't mean he is safe from having his "little red wagon fixed" from time to time! :rotfl2:

Ya got that right!

Congratulations Ellie! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks! I'll pass that on.

So, the weekend dance competition came to an end tonight.

I edited my previous post to include the following:

Cool! Do they win anything?

I always think of 'Dance Moms' when you talk about dance. :upsidedow

Aww, we love you.....and we even love Mr. CP! ;)

It, of course, is totally up to you if you decide to share your cookies with Nebo, but I suggest he try his gift to, er, maybe help with the crankiness? :lmao:

You tell Nebo that just because he can't post all the time doesn't mean he is safe from having his "little red wagon fixed" from time to time! :rotfl2:

Hopefully it made you both smile. We will call to get Nebo's take very soon.

aw! you guys are SO sweet!! and.. yes, I told nebo he could share my cookies. I really haven't spoken with him much this weekend. been so busy at work and today I s[pent the whole day and evening at jeremy's watching kaylee and mason so they could get a rare few hours out alone . (jermey and laura, not kaylee and mason.. :rotfl: I'm picturing 5 year old kaylee grabbing 3 yearold mason by the hand and tripping the light fantastic! ;))

Yup. Elle's Contemporary piece scored #1 out of over 600!

Oh wow, that's fantastic, what a feeling that must be. Congratulations Elle! :thumbsup2 Did she have the feeling afterward that she had danced THE performance? I'm curious. That's really lovely. Did you take it all in after we discussed how one tries to capture the moment on film but sometimes misses the moment at the same time? I hope so. You both must have been so thrilled for her.

Cool! Do they win anything?

I always think of 'Dance Moms' when you talk about dance. :upsidedow

They win plaques or trophies.
Just one though, which stays at the school, so unfortunately she really doesn't have anything for herself.

As for dance moms?

Well, Ruby and I are just making sure Elle has fun.
But there are a couple of moms who are pretty rabid.

I'm picturing 5 year old kaylee grabbing 3 yearold mason by the hand and tripping the light fantastic! ;))

My DSis and I did that when we were really little (I'm thinking 2 and 4).
No, really. I'm not kidding.
One nice sunny day, we went missing and my parents couldn't find us.

I'm pretty sure they were in full blown panic mode because we must've been gone for at least 20 minutes.

My sister thought it would be nice if she took me for a walk around the block.

We were fine. But I think her bottom might not've been afterwards. :rolleyes:

Oh wow, that's fantastic, what a feeling that must be. Congratulations Elle! :thumbsup2 Did she have the feeling afterward that she had danced THE performance? I'm curious. That's really lovely. Did you take it all in after we discussed how one tries to capture the moment on film but sometimes misses the moment at the same time? I hope so. You both must have been so thrilled for her.

I don't think she realized just how good it was until later.

I knew right away.
I've seen, literally, hundreds of routines by different studios.
I told her, even before judging started, that I thought it was the best thing she'd ever done.

And since no photos were allowed, I did get to just sit back and enjoy it.

I don't think she realized just how good it was until later.

I knew right away.
I've seen, literally, hundreds of routines by different studios.
I told her, even before judging started, that I thought it was the best thing she'd ever done.

And since no photos were allowed, I did get to just sit back and enjoy it.

:thumbsup2

Man, the bold made me smile. :goodvibes

Congratulations Elle!

I think that win deserves a car. Don't you think Ponzi? Show her how much of a proud papa you really are and buy the gal a car. And I'm not talking about hot wheels, HOT wheels, or toy cars. She told me she wants the new Ford Mustang Shelby.

Psst. Elle. How's that? Let me know if that worked. ;)

I think that win deserves a car. Don't you think Ponzi? Show her how much of a proud papa you really are and buy the gal a car. And I'm not talking about hot wheels, HOT wheels, or toy cars. She told me she wants the new Ford Mustang Shelby.

It worked... sort of.
We bought a new car.

When I found out how much they wanted to give me for the trade in,
I said to Ruby. "Why don't we let Elle have it for one year.
After that, she'll have to pay for insurance, etc. and when she can, she'll pay us a (reduced) price."

She gets a pretty good car for less than what she'd pay for it on a car lot.

Plus... she drives herself to dance class now! :cool1:

Congratulations Elle!

Tman, you have great taste in cars. :) I think Elle needs a Shelby too! (And so do I!)

Jill in CO

It worked... sort of.
We bought a new car.

After that, she'll have to pay for insurance, etc. and when she can, she'll pay us a (reduced) price."

Well, T-man, you tried. However, now she has a reliable car that isn't begging to be stolen and she can drive to dance class herself. Sounds like a win/win to me. :thumbsup2

It worked... sort of.
We bought a new car.

YAY! sounds like a great deal all around.

Now, start worrying about her driving and other idiot drivers (mostly the other idiot drivers), and and and... It never ends, ever, you will worry the rest of your life!
But you have to start sometime.

So congrats to Elle!!

PS: YAY for a new car for you too!

Tman, you have great taste in cars. :) I think Elle needs a Shelby too! (And so do I!)

When are you and Thumpy getting her the Shelby?
Awfully nice of you guys!

Well, T-man, you tried. However, now she has a reliable car that isn't begging to be stolen and she can drive to dance class herself. Sounds like a win/win to me. :thumbsup2

After years of driving to dance class five to seven days a week....

aaaaahhhhh.....
flatto-relaxed.gif

YAY! sounds like a great deal all around.

Now, start worrying about her driving and other idiot drivers (mostly the other idiot drivers), and and and... It never ends, ever, you will worry the rest of your life!
But you have to start sometime.

So congrats to Elle!!

PS: YAY for a new car for you too!

I actually worry very little about her driving.
She's a good, cautious driver.

Of course, if she'd been a boy, instead...
grosse_augen.gif

And it's really Ruby's car. I insisted. Last one I wound up with so this one was gonna be for her.

Oh, I'll send her a Shelby. Just need a shipping address. :)

Jill in CO

When are you and Thumpy getting her the Shelby?
Awfully nice of you guys!

As soon as you transfer the money into my bank account. Lady H and I will get with Jill and we'll go pick it out together. Heck we'll even personally deliver it to your house. May have a few thousand miles on it though and probably take us at least 4-6 months to get there; but it will eventually get there.

Lets see. I-40 west to the Grand Canyon then on to US 93 to Las Vegas.
From there take the I-15 to the Great Salt Lake.

From there East on I-80 then North on US-189 to Yellowstone.

Since we'll be so close to Mt. Rushmore, may have to head East. Since it's along the way and all.

From there we might go to Chicago or more specific Carpentersville. You know check in on Nebo and Smidgy.

Gotta see the great lakes. I've never been there.

Lady H may want to stop in Minnesota to visit the Mall of America.

After that, I guess we can hit I-94 to I-29 then onto Winnipeg.

You know what, I forgot I told OK2 that if we were ever in the area we would stop by to visit and we would go to Cedar Point. NJ isn't far from there. I've always wanted to go and ride Kingda Ka. Liberty Island is also close by, so might have to stop there as well. May take a little longer than expected the more I look at the map.

As soon as you transfer the money into my bank account.

You got it! The money is sitting in a safety deposit box.
But unfortunately, to get the key to you, the bank requires a security deposit.
Since all my cash is in the box, just send me the $500 security deposit and then the bank can release the key.
There's an extra $500-$750 bucks in there. You can just keep that.

I know the money's there, a Nigerian Prince sent it.
You can't go wrong with royalty.

Lets see. I-40 west to the Grand Canyon then on to US 93 to Las Vegas. No using it for collateral to win another one.

From there take the I-15 to the Great Salt Lake. Well, of course. Gotta see what the top speed is, right?
Whoops! That's Salt Flats... well it's on the way, right?

From there East on I-80 then North on US-189 to Yellowstone. To see, feed and outrace Yogi.

Since we'll be so close to Mt. Rushmore, may have to head East. Since it's along the way and all. Head East??? Really? You went there???? :sad2:

From there we might go to Chicago or more specific Carpentersville. You know check in on Nebo and Smidgy. Natch.

Gotta see the great lakes. I've never been there. You ain't missing much.

Lady H may want to stop in Minnesota to visit the Mall of America. "Visit"... is that what you kids are calling "shop 'til you drop" nowadays?

After that, I guess we can hit I-94 to I-29 then onto Winnipeg.

See? You're practically here already.

Oh, and make sure the odomoter/speedometer are in kilometers.

You know what, I forgot I told OK2 that if we were ever in the area we would stop by to visit and we would go to Cedar Point. NJ isn't far from there. I've always wanted to go and ride Kingda Ka. Liberty Island is also close by, so might have to stop there as well. May take a little longer than expected the more I look at the map.

Hang on a minute!
You promised her a New car.
Taking it to Chicago is a slight detour and I'll allow it.
But all the way to Cleveland?

That makes it a Used car.

Speaking of road trips, though...
Yesterday I was at the mall with Kay picking up a few things.
We were in a bookstore when I saw this book on road trips in the USA.
(Well, one did end in Canada, at Jasper Nat'l Park)
It looked really interesting... but the $40 price was a deterrent.

Still... it did have details on one trip I want to make (I think it's HWY101)
from SoCal to NW Washington, along the coast.

That would be a nice drive, I think.

The Shelby I send her will still be in its original Hot Wheels packaging. :) It does get great mileage and the insurance rates are really low! :rotfl2:

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter