Can you walk from HRH to Portofino?

BC

DIS Veteran
We are staying at the Hard Rock and wondered if we want to eat at the Portofino, if we have to wait for the boat or can we walk it? If so, how long do you guess it would take?

HRH is right across the road from PBH - at most a 10 to 15 minute walk if you are at one end of the hotel to the other.

The boat ride IMHO is actually one of the nicest features of going over to PBH from the park or HRH. As long as you are not in a rush - and your are supposed to be on vacation - it is a nice lesurely ride and puts you in the right frame of mind for a fantastic meal at any of the PBH restaurants.

FYI: You can't take a boat from the HRH to the PBH directly. If you want to take the boat from one hotel to the other you must first go to the Citywalk dock, disembark, go to the adjacent dock and get on a boat to the other hotel :rolleyes:. The pathway from the Portofino to the HRH is a nice walk, many beautiful flowers along the way!

We stayed at the HR last year and made the walk once to PBH. In my opinion it's a bit further to walk than what I care to do, but that's just me. Also, don't know if you have small children or not, but if you do the boat trip may be more viable. :)

There is a bus from the Portifino to the HRH.

Patty

The bus actually goes from PBH, HRH, Citywalk, and back again. You can wait for the bus at HRH or at Citywalk. The walk to both stops are pretty short.

It is a lovely walk. Very pleasant. Beautifully landscaped walkways with pretty lighting in the evening along the waterway. It's fun to transition from one hotel setting to another as you go under the bridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter