Can you see the pirate fireworks from aft balconies on the Dream?

Thanks everyone for the wonderful replies! It sounds like the aft location is pretty good, so I think I'll keep the room I have booked! Can't wait!

First cruise next month. :)

Are the pirates fireworks like Wishes as far as having a soundtrack of some sort? And if so, where can you hear it?

We'll be in 8188 on the 4/28 sailing of the Fantasy next week. My DH and I are hoping to see the fireworks from the balcony too since our kids won't be able to stay awake for the pirate party. This will be our third cruise and we've missed it the first two times since we were already with our sleeping kids in the cabin. This time we booked the balcony in the hopes that we can hang out there with a glass of wine and watch them while the kids are sleeping. I'll let you know after next week how much we could see from 8188! :)

We'll be in 8188 on the 4/28 sailing of the Fantasy next week. My DH and I are hoping to see the fireworks from the balcony too since our kids won't be able to stay awake for the pirate party. This will be our third cruise and we've missed it the first two times since we were already with our sleeping kids in the cabin. This time we booked the balcony in the hopes that we can hang out there with a glass of wine and watch them while the kids are sleeping. I'll let you know after next week how much we could see from 8188! :)

That will be great! Can't wait to hear from you when you return. I hope you have a wonderful cruise! :wizard:

We were in 8188 on the Dream a month ago - we were able to see the fireworks. But you will likely need to be standing at the railing to see them - not sitting in the chair relaxing.

The verandah is huge by the way - I assume you know that.

We are soooo looking forward to your feedback on 8188 Fantasy when you return! I read from a cruiser on 4/12 Fantasy Cruise, that there were also loungers on 8188 Fantasy, but 8188 Dream only had chairs? Also interested in photo's of the verandah and stateroom if you have them! Were you able to see the firework show, I hope so! Was there soot on the verandah floor as I have read in other stateroom reviews? If so, was it cleaned off daily...could I just wipe it down myself? Is it that big a deal? Looking forward to your return and I am hopeful that you had a lovely cruise:)

We are soooo looking forward to your feedback on 8188 Fantasy when you return! I read from a cruiser on 4/12 Fantasy Cruise, that there were also loungers on 8188 Fantasy, but 8188 Dream only had chairs? Also interested in photo's of the verandah and stateroom if you have them! Were you able to see the firework show, I hope so! Was there soot on the verandah floor as I have read in other stateroom reviews? If so, was it cleaned off daily...could I just wipe it down myself? Is it that big a deal? Looking forward to your return and I am hopeful that you had a lovely cruise:)

I might not know what you're calling loungers, but we were in 8188 on the Dream and had 4 seating devices. 2 were chairs and the other 2 might be what you're calling loungers - but there aren't extended leg spots on these other 2 "chairs".

I might not know what you're calling loungers, but we were in 8188 on the Dream and had 4 seating devices. 2 were chairs and the other 2 might be what you're calling loungers - but there aren't extended leg spots on these other 2 "chairs".

Thank you Snurk71! Were the other two items like an ottoman maybe?

Thank you Snurk71! Were the other two items like an ottoman maybe?

No, there were 4 "chairs" - and then there were 1 or 2 side tables. The difference in the chairs were 2 were regular/traditional chairs and the loungers might have reclined - but they didn't have an extended are to put your legs/feet up. I think DW reclined back and put her calves over the side table.

I didn't take any pictures of the deck, but you can see what I'm calling a lounger in the background of this picture:

IMG6726-L.jpg

Thanks for the picture! That works for me. You can always use another chair for your legs. I'm not picky. I can make it work! I'm also glad to see that room has the pull down bunk! Yay! :woohoo: I'm very excited!

We just got off the ship this morning- cruise was awesome the Fantasy is absolutely gorgeous! I will try to post some pics when we get back home (just at the computer rm at the hotel now...) Cabin was really nice. Balcony was huge. Definitely a lot of soot on certain mornings. Got some on our pants/shorts when we sat down before we realized it. Asked our cabin steward to wash down the deck after we noticed and he was happy to do that, plus used extra pool towels to wipe down or sit on when we were outside. Great view of the fireworks -they went off for us at about 10:40 pm on Cozumel pirate party night and we were able to see everything while our kids slept in the cabin. Also- great views of Castaway Cay from our deck too! My husband thought there was a lot of vibration when the ship was cruising at full speed and a ton the morning we pulled in to Pt Canaveral to disembark. Convenient location for running up to grab drinks from Deck 11 at Cabanas or on the pool deck. I enjoyed sitting on a lounge chair in the sun reading a book while my 2 yr old napped in the afternoons! We had two loungers and two regular chairs plus a little table on our deck. :) Booked an oceanview for next time now that we've done the verandah once- she should be done napping by the time we're on our next trip.

Feel free to ask any more questions and I'll try to answer...

We just got off the ship this morning- cruise was awesome the Fantasy is absolutely gorgeous! I will try to post some pics when we get back home (just at the computer rm at the hotel now...) Cabin was really nice. Balcony was huge. Definitely a lot of soot on certain mornings. Got some on our pants/shorts when we sat down before we realized it. Asked our cabin steward to wash down the deck after we noticed and he was happy to do that, plus used extra pool towels to wipe down or sit on when we were outside. Great view of the fireworks -they went off for us at about 10:40 pm on Cozumel pirate party night and we were able to see everything while our kids slept in the cabin. Also- great views of Castaway Cay from our deck too! My husband thought there was a lot of vibration when the ship was cruising at full speed and a ton the morning we pulled in to Pt Canaveral to disembark. Convenient location for running up to grab drinks from Deck 11 at Cabanas or on the pool deck. I enjoyed sitting on a lounge chair in the sun reading a book while my 2 yr old napped in the afternoons! We had two loungers and two regular chairs plus a little table on our deck. :) Booked an oceanview for next time now that we've done the verandah once- she should be done napping by the time we're on our next trip.

Feel free to ask any more questions and I'll try to answer...

Thanks so much for the report! I can't wait to see your pictures! Sounds like a great room overall. Was the vibration bad enough to keep you from booking that room again? I got seasick on our last cruise and was already worried about the motion in the aft rooms, so this wasn't really what I was hoping to hear.

Also, was the soot from the fireworks?

We just got off the ship this morning- cruise was awesome the Fantasy is absolutely gorgeous! I will try to post some pics when we get back home (just at the computer rm at the hotel now...) Cabin was really nice. Balcony was huge. Definitely a lot of soot on certain mornings.

Dear tkmom: Are you home and back to the old routine!!!! Very much looking forward to your pictures when you have a chance!!! Thank you in advance.
:sail:

How many posts do you have to have to be able to post photos? I have some to post but the board won't let me... And yes crazy busy since we got back so sorry for the delay!

How many posts do you have to have to be able to post photos? I have some to post but the board won't let me... And yes crazy busy since we got back so sorry for the delay!

I just did a search and the thread I found said you have to have 10 posts, so you should be good now that you have 11. If you have any questions on how to do it, I'll be glad to help you.

I just did a search and the thread I found said you have to have 10 posts, so you should be good now that you have 11. If you have any questions on how to do it, I'll be glad to help you.

Ok- it updated my number of posts and now says I can add an attachment, but it will only let me post a link to a URL, not the actual image or jpeg file that I haved saved on my computer. I don't have anything loaded up to snapfish or any other kind of web album yet. Do I have to do that in order to post them? I just wanted to be able to post a few quick photos of the verandah, etc. since I haven't had time to sort through the hundreds of photos I took to make an album...

Ok- it updated my number of posts and now says I can add an attachment, but it will only let me post a link to a URL, not the actual image or jpeg file that I haved saved on my computer. I don't have anything loaded up to snapfish or any other kind of web album yet. Do I have to do that in order to post them? I just wanted to be able to post a few quick photos of the verandah, etc. since I haven't had time to sort through the hundreds of photos I took to make an album...

Yes, that is the only way it will let you post a picture. No direct attachments. You don't have to, but if you want, you can just load the few pictures that you want to post to photobucket (or wherever) and not actually load all your photos at once. Don't worry about it if it's a big hassle though. I understand being busy and not having time to fool with this stuff. :)

Wondering if anyone can tell me if you can see the fireworks from Cabins 9174, 9176, or 9172 on the Fantasy?? TIA!!:):goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter