Can you see the pirate fireworks from aft balconies on the Dream?

RinkyTinkyTinky

DIS Veteran
We have room 8188 booked on the Dream. This is an aft balcony room. The balcony is directly in the middle of the very back of the ship. I have read one report somewhere else online that you can see the fireworks clearly from the aft balconies, but I'd like confirmation from others or better yet, pictures! Thanks for your help!

Great question. Eager to hear the answers because we have an aft verandah room in June on the Fantasy..

I'm really hoping the answer is yes! The other person who reported being able to see them didn't clearly specify their location on the ship so that's what has me wondering. It will be awesome though if we can see them from our room! pixiedust: I would really prefer that over standing in the huge crowd.

Just a thought, but the wind direction will play a part in it.

The product is fired off the ship and slightly Forward and away, but if the wind changes direction blowing more Aft then maybe they will be in view.

If your Stateroom is middle of the Stern, best bet is to go to the top deck if you really want to see them! :goodvibes

Ex Techie :)

We were in 8188 a few weeks ago - the verandah is awesome with the extra size. Nesh, ourroomhost, was great too.

We acrually watched the fireworks from the balcony. The view maybe better up on 11-12,but we could see themfine without dangerously leaning over theedge.

We were in 8188 a few weeks ago - the verandah is awesome with the extra size. Nesh, ourroomhost, was great too.

We acrually watched the fireworks from the balcony. The view maybe better up on 11-12,but we could see themfine without dangerously leaning over theedge.

I've seen pictures of the balcony and am very excited about it! Do you recall if you could see any sunrise or sunsets from the balcony? I love to take pictures of those and it would be great to do it right from my room!

It will all depend on which way the ship is facing at sunrise (where it's sailing to, or avoiding high winds or a rain storm etc) and which itinerary Snurk71 was on! 3, 4 or 5 day?

Remember on a 4 day cruise on the sea day the ship will most likely stopped for the day and just floating around enjoying the Bahamian sun!

Hopefully one morning you will get a shot for the DCL Pic of the day thread though! :goodvibes

It will all depend on which way the ship is facing at sunrise (where it's sailing to, or avoiding high winds or a rain storm etc) and which itinerary Snurk71 was on! 3, 4 or 5 day?

Remember on a 4 day cruise on the sea day the ship will most likely stopped for the day and just floating around enjoying the Bahamian sun!

Hopefully one morning you will get a shot for the DCL Pic of the day thread though! :goodvibes

Yeah, I did forget to give you all some pertinent info, didn't I? :blush: We will be on the 3 night Bahamian cruise.

I didn't know about that DCL pic of the day thread. I'll have to check that out! That will be a nice way to count down the days until we sail!

Can't help you on the sunrise or sunset - we were still in bed at rise and at dinner during set (I think). You will get a great view of pulling into CC, and a sad view leaving it behind.

And you'll also get shook awake docking - that was the most shocking

We were on a 5 night, itinerary A - btw.

Can't help you on the sunrise or sunset - we were still in bed at rise and at dinner during set (I think). You will get a great view of pulling into CC, and a sad view leaving it behind.

And you'll also get shook awake docking - that was the most shocking

We were on a 5 night, itinerary A - btw.

I've read about the vibration coming into port. I hope it's not too bad. Did you feel a lot of motion other than when docking? I got seasick last time when our room was towards the front of the ship and am hoping that maybe being at the back will be better. :confused3

I've read about the vibration coming into port. I hope it's not too bad. Did you feel a lot of motion other than when docking? I got seasick last time when our room was towards the front of the ship and am hoping that maybe being at the back will be better. :confused3

The first night I think we were having some rough waters, because that room was rocking. We either got our sea legs after that or had calmer waters because we didn't have hardly any trouble or feel a lot of movement after that first night.

And the vibration is pretty bad - REALLY bad if you have any wind/weather. The first morning we had some pretty rough water and there was no way we could sleep through it - DD was in the bunk bed and said she thought it was strong enough that it almost shook her out of the bed.

The first night I think we were having some rough waters, because that room was rocking. We either got our sea legs after that or had calmer waters because we didn't have hardly any trouble or feel a lot of movement after that first night.

And the vibration is pretty bad - REALLY bad if you have any wind/weather. The first morning we had some pretty rough water and there was no way we could sleep through it - DD was in the bunk bed and said she thought it was strong enough that it almost shook her out of the bed.

Just wondering if you were on the 4/5 sailing?

Oh no! Not what I wanted to hear. :worried:

During the fireworks they ask that you do not go out on your balcony.

I've read that they only ask certain rooms not to use the balcony during the fireworks. It seems like they send letters about it to certain cabins but not others. I guess it depends on where you are located on the ship. :confused3

We have been both aft and forward and the motion did not seem any different between the two. As for the vibration, if they are having a hard time docking at Castaway Cay you will def. feel it no matter where you are on the ship. It was bad on one of our recent stops there but the Captain did offer an apology for it during his announcement after we were finally docked. I felt bad for those people who may have still been asleep because I am sure it woke them up fast.

We were on deck 7, aft. Just off of the center cabin. We watched the fireworks from our balcony. It was nice to enjoy them without all the masses of people up on deck. (not a great photo, but just to show)

IMG_3982.jpg

We were on deck 7, aft. Just off of the center cabin. We watched the fireworks from our balcony. It was nice to enjoy them without all the masses of people up on deck. (not a great photo, but just to show)

IMG_3982.jpg

AWESOME! I knew I could count on a disser to have photos! :thumbsup2 Thank you so much for posting! I think that's definitely the way to go. I'm not much for standing in a crowd, so I think we will give it a try!

How did you like the aft room overall?

AWESOME! I knew I could count on a disser to have photos! :thumbsup2 Thank you so much for posting! I think that's definitely the way to go. I'm not much for standing in a crowd, so I think we will give it a try!

How did you like the aft room overall?

We loved the location, being in the rear, near the aft stairs, straight up to Cabanas and the drink stations, straight down to entertainment! We had no problems at all and had our two adult children with us (20 and 23 at the time). The 20 year old is over six foot and slept on the bunk. Our daughter booked the same room for her and her finance for an upcoming cruise. It was overall a great room. I have a partially done TR with photos of the room from our September 1st Dream vaca (link in siggie) if you wanted to see more.

Just wondering if you were on the 4/5 sailing?

3/27 - 4/1 cruise

I've read that they only ask certain rooms not to use the balcony during the fireworks. It seems like they send letters about it to certain cabins but not others. I guess it depends on where you are located on the ship. :confused3

We asked our room host about being on the deck during the fireworks and he said we'd be fine because they shoot them off starboard - those are the main people they don't want on their decks. He did advise that we'd have better viewing up on 11/12, but said we'd be fine out on ours too. Next time we will go up to 11/12 for the whole pirate party thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter