Can you change resorts at VERY last minute?

kateej

Earning My Ears
Going to WDW next week! :yay: Just planned the trip and booked plane tickets yesterday (nothing like VERY last-minute trip!). But, I don't have a room yet. The resorts I really want are sold out, but I'm wondering if I could just book to make sure I have a room and then just keep calling back until my flight leaves on Monday. Of course, I'd pay the difference in room prices, but do they let you do this and is there an extra penalty fee for doing it?

I have a pin code, if that makes a difference. And, I'm thinking of booking at Fort Wilderness in a cabin (or maybe POFQ or POR in two rooms) now. But, I'd really like to stay at a one-bedroom villa instead. In my dreamworld, it would be WL villas or Bay Tower villas close to the monorail for the little ones -- but would also do AK or BC or BW villas. There were some available at AK and Bay Tower when I first checked 2 days ago and now they're gone. :(

Or, is it possible upon check-in to see if they have any of the villas open?

Thanks in advance for any tips or insight on this!

I believe they will let you as long as there is availability. Ive heard of people deciding when they arrive they want to stay at another resort and switching over (paying the difference). I believe Disney is fine with it as long as its a comparable switch or an upgrade. Not sure theyd be thrilled if you were switching from say, the Grand Floridian to a value, but I guess theyd rather have you on site than not at all.

And with that said, we stayed in a 1BR at Kidani in Sept and it was so new and AMAZING! The 2 bathrooms were nice too (believe the 1 BR at BLT also has 2 baths). Plenty of room too! Good luck I hope you can find what you are looking for! :)

Hello Kate!

I don't see it being a problem at all! My family and I have done something similar but it was more of a price, money saving thing but the premise is the same.

The only thing I would do is watch the language you use. I don't mean cursing or anything like that ... I mean, if they DO have the hotel and room open that you want tell them that you have an existing reservation at "Hotel #1" and you want to "Transfer" to "Hotel #2" ... I know it sounds silly but it will save you the possibility of ... something. Trust me!

You know why? Because if you were to tell a cast member that you were canceling a reservation is sounds like money lost to them but if you tell them you want a transfer it sounds better. It's like the difference between a "Garbage Man" and a "Sanitation Engineer" ... you know what I mean? You don't HAVE to do it but why take the chance of any type of misunderstanding.

I certainly hope this helps!!! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you on your room choice ... just write back later and let us know if you got what you wanted!!! COME ON, COME ON ... BIG MONEY, NO WHAMMIES .... STOP!

Have Fun, Take Care, and ... HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!!!

Frank
Disney DieHard

The problem that you might encounter is availability of rooms using a pin code. Rooms may be available at certain hotels, just not at the discounted rate.

correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't she have to use PIN code through central reservations? not at the front desk????

I believe so. The front desk could only handle rooms at that resort - they have no idea what is available at other resorts. I believe she would have to handle it through CRO anyway.

Wow, leaving in less then a week, with little ones, and no room.. YOU are a brave soul!!!

The villas may be difficult to find available rooms with a discount. We tried to use the 40% when it came out the first day and the bcvillas didn't have any rooms w discount, they also didn't have any with aaa discount.

Wow, leaving in less then a week, with little ones, and no room.. YOU are a brave soul!!!

Brave? I'd go with a little nuts!:rotfl:

But, I did book us in FW cabins. May still try to switch if a one-bdroom becomes available tomorrow or Sunday (we arrive monday), but have been reading the Camping forum and getting really excited about the cabin and FW. Love the DisBoards!

It's the whole concept of "self-entitlement". they're jockeying for better position because they think they're the only ones in a hurry or have an important engagement they can't miss. it's selfishness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter