Can you buy DVC with GC

Dividends

Earning My Ears
Someone mentioned in another thread they pay their dues with gift cards.

Can you buy dvc with gift cards?

And/or can you buy DVC with credit card if your limit is high enough to buy?

Thanks

Thanks

Those are some GREAT questions. I am also interested.

I was able to put my 10% downpayment on a CC. And it was my Disney CC so I got points back AND 6 months no interest :D

I don't know about gift cards but, I am sure it would not be an issue. We paid the deposit and the balance via credit card for our VGF purchase and racked up enough airline miles with bonuses for more than a couple of free flights. Paid the bill at the end of the month, no finance charges.

This will only work buying direct. Resale, depending on the Title Co., has small CC limits. Our experience with Fidelity (First American Title) was a $2k limit, $1k deposit and an additional $1k before closing. At ********** (Timeshare Title & More) limited to $1k on a CC subject to a $60 fee. We didn't use a CC with **********. I am not sure about TSS (Magic Vacation Title) as we haven't dealt with them yet.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Yes, you can purchase DVC directly with a credit card. We did this, immediately paid it off, and used the points earned, to fly the family out to WDW for our first DVC trip.

Just did a VGF purchase direct and put the full amount on my Disney Visa. 2% rewards and 0% APR for 6 months on the purchase. No point in giving Disney the full amount upfront when I can leave it my investment account and let it earn dividends over the next 6 months. I pay the minimum each month on the card and then the balance at the end of 6 months and I've paid no interest, but I've earned a bunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter