Can you believe what happened?

If DVC were to re-categorize the Boardwalk into three separate point charts: Standard, Preferred, and Guaranteed Boardwalk, would you be willing to use even more points (than preferred) if it guaranteed you a Boardwalk view???

I know that this type of point arrangement probably can't be done, but I'm wondering if something like that would help put an end to the disappointments???

:confused:

Originally posted by Disneyaholic
If DVC were to re-categorize the Boardwalk into three separate point charts: Standard, Preferred, and Guaranteed Boardwalk, would you be willing to use even more points (than preferred) if it guaranteed you a Boardwalk view???

I don't think they can, but they could create a second middle tier that was LESS points than current preferred, as they did when they created standard view in the first place. However unlikely, for the sake of argument, I would be willing to pay the points to guarantee it. I think what we might find is even MORE competition for the standard views. If I know I'm not getting Boardwalk before I even set out, why use the extra points? At least now it's sort of a gamble and I'm willing to risk the extra points on the chance I might get it.

It's sort of like buying the higher fare on an airline as a frequent flyer in hopes that you can upgrade a few days out using your status. You may not get it, but the opportunity is worth paying the extra money for the ticket for some folks under some circumstances.

Originally posted by WDWguru
I don't think they can, but they could create a second middle tier that was LESS points than current preferred, as they did when they created standard view in the first place. However unlikely, for the sake of argument, I would be willing to pay the points to guarantee it. I think what we might find is even MORE competition for the standard views. If I know I'm not getting Boardwalk before I even set out, why use the extra points? At least now it's sort of a gamble and I'm willing to risk the extra points on the chance I might get it.

It's sort of like buying the higher fare on an airline as a frequent flyer in hopes that you can upgrade a few days out using your status. You may not get it, but the opportunity is worth paying the extra money for the ticket for some folks under some circumstances.
The previous change was early in the selling phase when they were able to change to legal paperwork. Since there are a set number of points, they would create more points than units if they lowered the points for any rooms without an increase elsewhere. As I read the info, they could create 3 tiers if they wanted by balancing the overall points. I don't think it'll happen but they could I believe. I'd pay more but the question is how much.

I was just in Orlando and by the BWV. I wonder if the outside work going on had anything to do with room availability. If there were less rooms available than normal, this would have many affects. I also recall someone being upgraded from a standard to preferred view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter