Can we make it in time??

britfish

DIS Veteran
If we land in Orlando at 2:00 would we make it to the Hoop Dee Doo for a 5:00 seating?? We are staying at CBR, or is this just to tight??

Using Disney transportation? If so, then I think you're timing is too tight and won't make it. Last yr we were staying at POR, and it took us 3 hrs just to get to the resort - let alone checking in and then hopping a bus to go somewhere else.

Way too tight. If you're using Disney transportation, it'll take you about an hour just to get from CBR to FW. Then there's getting from the airport to the CBR, and checking in....even if everything goes perfectly, it'll be too tight. And then there's the possibility that your flight will be delayed...

I'd definitely schedule Hoop-de-doo for another night.

I don't know if you are planning to use Magical Express from the airport? If so, it is definitely too close. And even if you have a car, I would think it would be too close.

You arent giving yourself much of a window to fly in, get your bags, trasportation to your hotel, check in, drop your bags, get your wits about you and get to Fort Wilderness. Not to mention you have a deposit on your Hoop Dee Doo, so should you miss it, you will still be charged! Also, Disney is supposed to be relaxing! Try to book for another day and you will be able to better enjoy the experience! If you cant get resses right now, keep trying back, there are cancellations all the time! Good Luck!

If you arrive on-time, at 2:00, and are using DME to get to your resort, it could take anywhere from 60-90 mins...my average has been about 70 mins, so you would get to CBR about 3:15. You could be done checking in by 3:45. Your checked luggage won't be available to you until about 6:00 or so. Best case scenario would have you all checked in and ready to go by 4:15ish. If you use Disney transportation, you will have to get to MK and then take the boat to Ft.W....that could take an hour or so...I would leave 90 mins, just in case. And you are supposed to checkin at the podium for HDDR at least 15 mins beforehand.
If you are taking a towncar or a rental car, then your time may be a bit better, but you are still going to have to wait for your baggage to come out. You could get a cab to Ft.W in order to shave some time off.
But, I really think it's too close. I don't plan anything for less than 6 hrs. after I arrive at MCO...I just would be too stressed about timing.

Hoop De Doo is paid in full at the time you book. I believe there is a 48 hour cancellation window. If you don't cancel within 2 days of the event, and you don't show up for it, I think you lose your entire payment.

For that reason, I would not even book Hoop De Doo for that date. Flight delays could conceivably result in your losing the entire amount you paid.

If you really want to book it for that night, I would suggest booking nothing earlier than the 9:30 show.

way too close....even taking a cab won't help, because you still have to take the internal bus at FW.

I would not risk losing all the money, NEVER. All the stars would have to align perfectly for your scenario to happen and even then its too close. Choose a new date. :goodvibes

Sorry, I don't think it's doing to happen. If you didn't have to put money down, then you could risk it, but I wouldn't risk the deposit. Your own rental car would make it more feasible, especially if you don't check in first (but you have to if you're on the DDP and need to get your cards).

Good luck!

Well, if you're renting a car, and plan to go directly from the airport to Ft. Wilderness, sure. But you're cutting it too close if you plan to check in, settle in your room, and then go.

Several years ago, we were staying at the GF, and left at 4:15 for the 5 pm show. We took the monorail to the main boat dock at the MK, to catch a ferry to Ft. Wilderness.

We got to the boat dock by 4:25. And then everything fell apart.

We waited. And waited. And waited. A ferry finally arrived and we showed up at the theater at 5:10 -- and they refused to let us in. They'd closed the doors, and that was that.

A sympathetic manager "comp'ed" us two tickets for the following night. But otherwise, we'd have been -- ahem -- screwed. :rolleyes:

If you have to ask, you probably don't have enough time.

I had a 4pm arrival from boston, that was on time. We had time to get luggage, get picked up curbside (by someone else in our party who had arrived earlier and already picked up the rental car). We made a super short grocery stop (20-30 mintes). We got to the hotel, checked in, spent 10 minutes there before we had to drive to the contemporary, and valet parked (thank you DDE).

We were there at 7 well in time for our 7:20 ADR, but it shows how even in the best case scenario time seems to evaporate while traveling.

GB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter