Can we break our PTR curse?...update 2/27 Wed and thurs plans and more count down

JPFamilyMom

DIS Veteran
Ok so I've tried this PTR thing twice before but our trips just never happened. I wasn’t going to write a ptr this time because I was thinking it was bad luck. But that is silly, right? So I'm writing this ptr to break our curse :rotfl2: and of course get some helpful tips from all you seasoned travelers.

So on with the PTR for our March 2011 trip….

First a little background on me and my party of travelers:

Lets start with Me, I'm the Mommy -Jessica, the main Disney fan in my family. I'm 32 (will turn 33 on the trip) been to the world only once for my honeymoon, wish I could've been more times and certainly have several trips planned in our kids and my future. I have however been to Disneyland more times than I can count since I mostly grew up in California and I've been going since I was a baby. I have two children, both boys, and both Disney fans. I currently work at Jason’s Deli part time and will be returning to school to finish my degree so I can teach.
IMG_0007.jpg
oktoberfestrace2009.jpg

Next in the cast of travelers is my DH- not such a Disney fan, but doesn't want to miss out on any adventures the boys have. Paid me the best compliment the other day in saying that in all the mother-child interactions he has seen, I'm the best mother. Ok, well he is 39 and a high school teacher and football coach. Football to him is what Disney is to me. So it's nice we each have our thing. Here are some pictures of DH and I on our honeymoon:
IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

Up next our darling children….

Hi! I am just in the process of reading All7ofUs's PTR from the start and came across a post from you about how you changed your life style since you became a mom (Part 1 page 44 :goodvibes). And then I saw the link to your PTR in the signature and hopped over only to find out that it is a brand new PTR! :cool1: So I am here and am looking forward to read more about your plans! I am sure that this time you will be able to break the curse!!!! :thumbsup2

My DS Jack is 5 years old now, where did the time go.
jackeagle.jpg
IMG_0012-1.jpg
IMG_0013-1.jpg

When we go in March he will still be five, he doesn’t turn five until the end of March. He is a very active high spirited boy. He was diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder in January of 2008, and was in a self contained class that school year for pre-school. He has made great strides with his speech and occupational therapy for sensory issues, and attended a regular parent’s day out program at our church this past school year.
DALLAS004.jpg
stlouisspringbreak069.jpg
June2010078.jpg

In the upcoming school year he will attend a new program specific to children on the spectrum. We tried to get him into our church affiliated school and they turned us down. I was heart broken, and did not want him in this program he is going to be in. Now after two months of working with his new teacher and having visited this new church and school several times….I couldn’t be happier and so glad for what God lead us too. This is going to be the best thing for our son, and that is all we want. So we have changed parishes and our son has a WONDERFUL teacher and is going to get all the services necessary to prepare him to attend a typical class kindergarten next school year.

He has already visited Disneyland two times
Picture001.jpg
Picture011.jpg
Picture012.jpg

Picture014.jpg
Picture018.jpg
Picture027.jpg

Picture035.jpg
Picture028.jpg
Picture036.jpg

Technically my 2 yo also went to Disneyland before, here is my Jack and Joey in my belly ;)
IMG_0039.jpg

and is VERY excited to visit Mickey’s castle in Florida, you see the castle at MK isn’t the castle of a princess in his world- it belongs to the big cheese. We have never gotten to ride on Dumbo, and we have plans to ride that first. We have gone through the phase of LOVING Cars (still does), Mickey (still does), Phineas and Ferb…. And most recently Spiderman (I know not a Disney character, but his newest obsession- and since Marvel was purchased by Disney, it’s still Disney to me now, lol). Aside form Spiderman… he LOVES all things Disney like me.
spiderjack.jpg
Picture078.jpg

Up next….our baby…who isn’t such a baby anymore 

I'm in too! Can't wait to read about you finally getting your boys to WDW!

So glad you decided to do another PTR!! :cool1:

Can't wait to hear more! popcorn::

Hi! I am just in the process of reading All7ofUs's PTR from the start and came across a post from you about how you changed your life style since you became a mom (Part 1 page 44 :goodvibes). And then I saw the link to your PTR in the signature and hopped over only to find out that it is a brand new PTR! :cool1: So I am here and am looking forward to read more about your plans! I am sure that this time you will be able to break the curse!!!! :thumbsup2

Thank you all for joining. I was very ansy about posting as previously stated. I'm anxiously awaiting confirmation back for our accommodations on this trip. Should get word back by the end of the week. Which are a result of Jacks special needs on this trip...more on that as we move along. Tomorrow or the next day I'll try and post about the baby.

The baby formerly referred to as Baby Joey by all in the family (we are trying to get away from that since he is two now and not such a baby anymore).
joeyflyer.jpg
rainydayjoey1.jpg
IMG_0004.jpg

He will be three when we go to Florida in March (his b-day is in February). He is all smiles almost all the time and very mischievous.
AprilandMay2010061.jpg

And he currently loves all things Mickey and Pooh. And has been expanding into Einstein’s and of course anything big brother likes including Spiderman and iron man (but pretends to be the bad guys)….oh yeah and he thinks he is a pirate. A Pirate League adventure may be in our future, I’m thinking birthday gift.
stlouisspringbreak070.jpg
PirateJoey.jpg

Joey is extremely intelligent, counting to five and even ten sometimes. He will be the little athlete my husband dreams of having. He is a rough and tough typical little boy. Joey will be starting Mom’s morning out this year, two days a week. He is so excited for school. He actually prefers books to tv most of the time. And LOVES to eat.
Christmas2009010.jpg
misc014.jpg
misc098.jpg

He likes to look at pictures in TR’s with me, and when I’m writing out our plans on paper while I read tips from you all, he wants to “color” and do “work” too.

I’ll be anxious to see how he does with characters the first time since Jack doesn’t do well with characters, this is how he did with the Veggie Tales, while Jack watched from behind a bookcase.
Joeymeetstheveggietales003.jpg

One last thought about Joey, he isn’t the rough tough kid all the time, he is also a little prince and flirt. He kisses my Moms snow globe princesses every night before going to bed, and Tinkerbelle is his girlfriend.

Up next….other participants in this Florida adventure

Joining in!:goodvibes Your boys are adorable! I can't wait to read more!:thumbsup2

Thanks I think so too, lol. We did get pretty lucky though, I think.

LOVE your Minnie Mouse & Mickey Mouse costume picture :earsboy:. Too adorable!

Thanks that is still I think my favorite picture. Tried to do tink and peter pan with my Joey this past year, but we couldn't find a peter pan costume. This year I might order one, since I still have the think costume. Though I know he just wants to be a pirate.

Who else wanted to come on the boys First Magical Trip to the world?

The Grandparents of course… my Mom and Dad. Oh and my Great Aunt Bea who has been like a second mother to me, my brother and sister all our lives.

My Dad- hates crowds, doesn’t like waiting in long lines, and isn’t a fan of spending money on “useless” things- oh yeah and can’t understand why in the world we need to spend so many days at WDW. He is a dear though; don’t let his dislikes fool you. He is a big softy, and willing to go with the flow for the sake of being with his family. He has never been to the World, so this will also be his first trip. All time favorite Disney character- “Donald Duck.”
Picture431.jpg

My Mother- loves being in the middle of all the excitement, loves traveling, and would probably spend a month in Orlando if she could afford to. We’ve always lived in California or other surrounding states on the West Coast so have only frequented Disneyland. But she did travel to Florida once before I was born and has visited WDW once. With this being said, since I started planning trips a year ago she has gotten more excited about the idea and has also joined the Disney boards. They will visit Florida before our trip so she can go see Harry Potter World. That is her anniversary gift this year. And they won’t visit WDW because they are saving all the excitement for the trip with us. All time favorite Disney movie- “Beauty and the Beast.”
Picture457.jpg

Withparents.jpg

My Great Aunt Bea- she is everyone’s Aunt Bea. Moved in with my parents when my brother was a baby, he had asthma and breathing problems, so she was there to help watch us when my parents worked. And now she is there to help my parents with my boys while my dh and I work. She adores the kids, and is excited to see their reaction when they meet Mickey and see the BIG castle. All time favorite Disney movie- “Lady and the Tramp.”
Picture458.jpg
auntbea.jpg

Oh but that is not all, we have three others planning to join us in our cast of travelers going on this adventure….

More on that in the next update 

Jessica! :wave: I didn't see your PTR link in your siggie until this afternoon. Yay, I'm glad you've started one! :goodvibes Can't wait to see your pictures... darn work computer!

Both of your boys are adorable!! :goodvibes
Jessica! :wave: I didn't see your PTR link in your siggie until this afternoon. Yay, I'm glad you've started one! :goodvibes Can't wait to see your pictures... darn work computer!

Welcome, yeah, I just decided the other day to go for it, I've known we were going to try again for a couple months now, but was nervous, still waiting to get word back on our accommodations, should get the response by the end of the week I'm hoping. I think you've seen most of the pictures before, but some are new, and the next post is all new. :cool2:

Ok, so we left off with the grandparents and my Great Aunt Bea, well there are still 3 more in our grand adventure:

My sister- She is the baby in our family. Her and her husband and daughter live in Nevada. My sister works as a server in a restaurant, but will be going back to school to finish her degree in Art and Spanish. She is also a very active member in her church and a great mom. Favorite character: think the princesses, have to double check. She is also my sons Godmother.
Picture150.jpg
Picture106.jpg

My brother-in-law – LOVES his daughter and wife. Plays guitar in a band and works as a security manager. I think his favorite character is Goofy.
Picture061.jpg
Picture052.jpg

My niece- She is such a cute little girly girl and lover of all things Disney. It’s in the blood. She is a little ball of energy and Daddy’s girl. She can’t wait to meet the princesses. Favorite characters: Handy Manny and the princesses. And I am also my nieces Godmother (and playing fairy godmother on the trip one day...but more on that later;))
Picture098.jpg
notice my sister hiding behind her daughter, there were so many pictures like that, I had a hard time finding some with her. lol. Hopefully she'll grace us with some photos on the trip.
Picture136.jpg
my son and niece were born one month apart, so should have a lot of fun together on this trip.
IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0003.jpg
these were taken before we moved, and I'm anxious to get some updated photos on our trip.

They aren't 100% coming, but like 95% sure they are coming. And I think my son is guilt tripping my sister into coming.:lmao: They were super close before we moved.

Now that we have finally met everyone, well maybe everyone (waiting on word back from my brother and his family), lets move on to the actual plans for this trip.

Up next…. The when … and where we will be sleeping… hopefully

It will be so fun to have your sister along! And as another mom of only boys, I'd love to visit WDW with a little girl! princess:

Loved seeing all those pictures again.... Great Aunt Bea :lovestruc I think I said this before, but she just looks so darn vivacious!

All of your new photos are just adorable and I LOVE this one:

How fun to have such a group! I can't imagine the planning you're going to have with the grand gathering! Can't wait to hear more. popcorn::

It will be so fun to have your sister along! And as another mom of only boys, I'd love to visit WDW with a little girl! princess:

I'm very much looking forward to having my sisters family along, so we can partake in more Princess activities...you know for my niece :rolleyes1;)

Loved seeing all those pictures again.... Great Aunt Bea :lovestruc I think I said this before, but she just looks so darn vivacious!

All of your new photos are just adorable and I LOVE this one:

How fun to have such a group! I can't imagine the planning you're going to have with the grand gathering! Can't wait to hear more. popcorn::

Yep Aunt Bea is such a spit fire, still going strong. It will be fun to take her along with us, though she isn't big on traveling now and the idea of such a long week away from home has her very nervous, but since we will be staying in a home, I think she has calmed down a bit knowing she has a kitchen and several bathrooms and t.v.s and other comforts of home.

My head is spinning now with all the plans...

I’m so excited, I got the email confirmation today, and we are officially booked and our accommodations are set….:cool1::cool1::cool1:

The when… well we will be going in March, because that is when my DH’s spring break is (remember he is a teacher, so we planned around his and the boys break)

So we will be in Florida from March 12th – 19th

I’ve heard March is a great time of year to go weather wise. But I think the time period we are going crowds are going to be higher (not summer time high, but still more crowded than other times), so that has me a little worried with our cast of travelers. I just have to make sure not to over plan for everyone. We will have two vehicles if anyone wants to go back and relax for awhile.

Where will we be resting our heads each night? Well we decided after much stress on my part to rent a vacation home for the week. Like I said I tried to plan two trips previously and for different reasons each time they just didn’t happen. And in trying to figure this trip out, Jack’s special food and needs were just stressing me out too much, that we decided having a quiet place with a full kitchen would be the best option for our first trip. The private pool in the back is a major bonus too. You can see pictures on the link below

http://www.luxurydisneyhome.com/index.html

So now the official planning can begin. I of course have tons of plans already mapped out from the previous planned trips, but there are new things to be considered and added into said plans.

New things to add into planning:
1. We will be driving to the parks each day since we aren’t on property.
2. With driving comes parking fees… I have some ideas on that topic already forming in my head.
3. This is a larger group than I had originally planned, while I’d like to spend time with my whole family, we will also need time apart from each other to keep everyone from killing each other. Plus my DH and I want to experience some things with just our boys. Since they are full of Disney awe and it’s their first trip.
4. Food situation leaves me to have to now plan actual meals in the home and meals at the parks. I don’t want to be packing meals everyday, but I also don’t want to be stressed about eating in the park.
5. Deciding if we will just visit WDW or if we might add on a day at IOA and/or Sea World.
6. Packing for such a week in a home…laugh now….but my DH still teases me because I will pack a week ahead for a weekend trip. This is a week long trip; I’ll be packing all year (well as my ticker shows, less than 8 months now). LOL
7. And of course with a party of so many first timers (forgot to mention my sister, her husband, and daughter have also never been to WDW), and birthdays, and a large party, there will be T-shirt making, photopass planning, and all the craziness involved with it.

Our party isn't this big, but close to it, and organizing a party like it can be fun and stressful at the same time...
family2008.jpg

All this and more coming up…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter