Can we break our PTR curse?...update 2/27 Wed and thurs plans and more count down

I’m so excited, I got the email confirmation today, and we are officially booked and our accommodations are set….:cool1::cool1::cool1:

The when… well we will be going in March, because that is when my DH’s spring break is (remember he is a teacher, so we planned around his and the boys break)

So we will be in Florida from March 12th – 19th

I’ve heard March is a great time of year to go weather wise. But I think the time period we are going crowds are going to be higher (not summer time high, but still more crowded than other times), so that has me a little worried with our cast of travelers. I just have to make sure not to over plan for everyone. We will have two vehicles if anyone wants to go back and relax for awhile.

Where will we be resting our heads each night? Well we decided after much stress on my part to rent a vacation home for the week. Like I said I tried to plan two trips previously and for different reasons each time they just didn’t happen. And in trying to figure this trip out, Jack’s special food and needs were just stressing me out too much, that we decided having a quiet place with a full kitchen would be the best option for our first trip. The private pool in the back is a major bonus too. You can see pictures on the link below

http://www.luxurydisneyhome.com/index.html

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!

You booked the same house we did!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

You need the pool heat and hopefully it works for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!

You booked the same house we did!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

You need the pool heat and hopefully it works for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

That is why I had pm'd you about the heat silly, I got the home link off your ptr I think. :lmao:

I started reading your PTR the other day there, but then my youngest niece called cause she "had" to talk to me...they were on vacation and she was throwing up....I needed to know that apparently:lmao:

Anyhoodle, I am going back to start again, I have to get to know this cast of characters....what sweet boys you have! I'm so excited to start reading....I'll comment more once I've finished reading:surfweb:

I find it hilarious and charming at the same time you got the same house, you two!! How cool!! You have an expert right here for all your house-y questions!!

I started reading your PTR the other day there, but then my youngest niece called cause she "had" to talk to me...they were on vacation and she was throwing up....I needed to know that apparently:lmao:

Anyhoodle, I am going back to start again, I have to get to know this cast of characters....what sweet boys you have! I'm so excited to start reading....I'll comment more once I've finished reading:surfweb:

Welcome, thanks for joining, hope you enjoy reading about my big crazy family. :)

LOL...

Let me know when you want me to post the pics I have of the house for all to see! :goodvibes:goodvibes

sure post away :lmao: I'm kinda anxious to see whats not on display on the website. like the game room in the garage, and I didn't see the computer. I figured out which two rooms where downstairs though:thumbsup2

I find it hilarious and charming at the same time you got the same house, you two!! How cool!! You have an expert right here for all your house-y questions!!

That's right, I forgot, I can ask him questions I wanted to know, like which appliances/dishes/etc are not in the kitchen that I might have to bring from home.

There is one thing I'm pretty set on with my plans... of course I will be flexible if the nights that Fantasmic show that week happen to fall on this day or something else that is unavoidable....

This is that we spend the day at Epcot on my birthday. The only problem I foresee with that is that my birthday might be our first park day. But it's my birthday, and that is where I want to spend it.:snooty: My family can choose to join us or not, but my little family will be going no matter what :rotfl:

I came up with our Top Ten list for Epcot: (I have pictures to go with each thing for Jacks picture schedule, I might come back and post those later)

1. The Seas with Nemo
nemointhesea.jpg

2. Soarin’
soarin.jpg

3. Test Track

4. Kidcot fun stops
kidcot.jpg

5. Maelstrom
maelstrom.jpg

6. Gran Fiesta with the three caballeros
threecaballeros.jpg

7. Illuminations
kidcot.jpg

8. Turtle talk with crush
turtletalk.jpg

9. Pictures with Mickey and the gang

10. Spaceship earth
traveltheworldinaday.jpg

***Pick a pearl with the ladies (my birthday gift for myself ;))

Along with this was my idea for snacking our way around World Showcase:
Blue-country Red-dining establishment Green-food item(s)

Mexico Cantina de San Angel- Chips and salsa (this is assuming the refurb is done and that it reopens)
Norway Kringla Bakeri og café- Rice cream
China Joy of Tea Stand veggie egg roll
Germany Sommerfest hand twisted pretzel
Italy Tutto Italia Kiosk Tiramisu and Limonata
America Fife and Drum Tavern Turkey legFunnel Cake Kiosk Funnel cake w/sugar
Japan Kaki Gori Kaki Gori
Morocco Coffee and Pastries mint tea and Baklava
France Boulangerie Patisserie chocolate mousse
Crepes de france kiosk chocolate crepes
United Kingdom Rose and Crown Pub Fish and chips
Canada snack cart beer (it was the only thing I figured we could have, but we aren't really drinkers, but my dh and I can split one just for fun)

sure post away :lmao: I'm kinda anxious to see whats not on display on the website. like the game room in the garage, and I didn't see the computer. I figured out which two rooms where downstairs though:thumbsup2
I don't think I took a pic of the computer room.... I turned it on 1 time just to see if it worked but I brought my notebook from home.

I'll try to get the pics on here at some point tonight.

That's right, I forgot, I can ask him questions I wanted to know, like which appliances/dishes/etc are not in the kitchen that I might have to bring from home.

OH GEEZ... now you are gonna put me on the spot!!!!! :lmao:

Ok Jessica..... Here come the pictures!!!! :lmao:

Pool & jacuzzi

DSC08789.jpg

DSC08788.jpg

Upstairs... I do have a pic of the computer/computer room w/ pull out couch

DSC08787.jpg

DSC08786.jpg

Mickey Room 2 beds

DSC08784.jpg

DSC08783.jpg

Pooh bedroom 2 beds

DSC08782.jpg

Looking down at the kitchen/dining area from upstairs

DSC08785.jpg

Downstairs safari bedroom (front of the house)

DSC08781.jpg

Master bedroom

DSC08779.jpg

MBR bathroom

DSC08778.jpg

DSC08777.jpg

Living room

DSC08776.jpg

Game room in garage

Disney3-2010269.jpg

DSC08794.jpg

Fpr some reason I don't have a picture of the second downstairs MBR. It is smaller than the other one but is still has a bathroom attached.

Tim, I still laugh outloud when I see MJ doing his thing on the poolstick!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Of all your snack, Jessica, I was going to suggest the rice cream! I still have dreams about this oh-so-ever creamy goodness! :cloud9:

I just noticed your PTR link!

I see lots of Eagles clothing on your kids....is your hubby from the Philadelphia area?

Thanks for all the pictures Tim, those are great shots, they should use some on their website. :thumbsup2

Tim, I still laugh outloud when I see MJ doing his thing on the poolstick!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Of all your snack, Jessica, I was going to suggest the rice cream! I still have dreams about this oh-so-ever creamy goodness! :cloud9:

Yeah MJ :rotfl2:

Have you had the rice cream? Do you know if it is like Rice ice cream? because we buy rice dream ice cream, and Jack LOVES it.

He was playing pool with us guys.... :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I just noticed your PTR link!

I see lots of Eagles clothing on your kids....is your hubby from the Philadelphia area?

Hey, thanks for popping in, yes my husband is from the Philly area originally. He mostly grew up in Bensalem, and I have learned how Philly fans are with their sports, and not just the guys:sad2::rolleyes1:) I am originally from California, not really big into following sports, but some of my family members are, so makes for some interesting conversations sometimes. That and my Mom is a cowboys fan :eek: :lmao: So they have some fun banter with each other.

***Pick a pearl with the ladies (my birthday gift for myself ;))

Nice! Pick the ugliest one in the tank from what I've heard. ;)

I really like your snacks around the world. Well, all but the turkey leg. I haven't had any of them but they all sound yummy to me.

Your Epcot plans look great! I think you'll all have fun doing the kidcot stations - That was one of my favorite things last time!

The house looks great! :thumbsup2

He was playing pool with us guys.... :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

And right after that he went out to the pool to "buy milk"? (You'll have to visit Tim's thread to know what that means.)

Have you had the rice cream? Do you know if it is like Rice ice cream? because we buy rice dream ice cream, and Jack LOVES it.

Oh gosh!! I"m so glad you asked this!! Because it's NOT like ice cream made with rice milk AT ALL!!!

It's rice cooked with milk until VERY soft, then it's folded gently into whipped cream. It's amazing! Sweet, but not overly so, and very light. We LOVED it when we had our lunch at Akershus!!! :cloud9:

Nice! Pick the ugliest one in the tank from what I've heard. ;)

I really like your snacks around the world. Well, all but the turkey leg. I haven't had any of them but they all sound yummy to me.

That is what I hear too, the ugliest one in the tank.:thumbsup2
I know about the turkey leg, that was a questionable one, but I've always been kind of curious, and since we are mostly just snacking that day I figure a little protein would be good for us. We would just buy one and each take a small piece.

Your Epcot plans look great! I think you'll all have fun doing the kidcot stations - That was one of my favorite things last time!

The house looks great! :thumbsup2

I'm really looking forward to the kidcot stations. :-) I've enjoyed seeing other kids doing them in TR's

Oh gosh!! I"m so glad you asked this!! Because it's NOT like ice cream made with rice milk AT ALL!!!

It's rice cooked with milk until VERY soft, then it's folded gently into whipped cream. It's amazing! Sweet, but not overly so, and very light. We LOVED it when we had our lunch at Akershus!!! :cloud9:

Sounds interesting, I'll keep it on the list, but will have to see if it is a safe food for Jack. With us snacking all day I figured I'd just pack him a variety of snacks for the day too, and if there is something he can eat, great, if not I'll get out one of his special snacks. He likes the idea of having food special for him.

Work has been tiring me out. Today was a good day though, Looks like I'll be moving up soon. But I'm also keeping my options open still, I'm applying to work as a program coordinator for an Autism Center, really hoping I can get my foot in the door, since my long term career goals involve working with children with autism. If it works out, I might end up working in two places this year. I don't know if it is a full time position or not, and my hours can be whatever I want where I work now.

I also realized last night that next month I'll have to start calling for ADR's. So I'll have to start finalizing some plans with regards to that.

Your plans for Epcot look great!:thumbsup2 Your top 10 list looks just like ours on our last trip! All our favorites!:) I still haven't done pick a pearl yet....hopefully next time!

Oh and the house you are going to be staying in looks amazing! Wow! We looked into a similar one and the boys fell in love with the Mickey rooms. So much so, that they had us promise we could stay in one on a future trip.;)

Can't wait to hear more of your plans.popcorn::

Your plans for Epcot look great!:thumbsup2 Your top 10 list looks just like ours on our last trip! All our favorites!:) I still haven't done pick a pearl yet....hopefully next time!

Oh and the house you are going to be staying in looks amazing! Wow! We looked into a similar one and the boys fell in love with the Mickey rooms. So much so, that they had us promise we could stay in one on a future trip.;)

Can't wait to hear more of your plans.popcorn::

Thanks, hope you get to do pick a pearl, I know it's a harder thing to do being the mom of all boys :rolleyes1 but since I'll have girls around, it gives me an excuse, that and the birthday. Plus I actually think my boys would get a kick out of picking something ugly:lmao: I might need two carriages to put on one necklace.

more plans coming up next...

The boys and I are planning a trip camping across the U.S. to California to visit family (one of my cousins is having his first baby this October-well you know his wife is having it, and another cousin is graduating high school) in June 2011, so I decided that this trip to Florida will only be at WDW. Which also allows for more relaxation.

So I have planned nothing for arrival day except getting settled and grocery shopping. If we want to we can head out to DTD or a resort to look around...

But our full Day One plans include:

Exploring DTD
legobuilding.jpg
candycreations.jpg

swimming in the pool at the house
Dinner at Chef Mickeys
chefmickeys.jpg

I figure that a dinner with Mickey is a great way to start off our trip. Especially since our first park day is Epcot (which I posted previously)

Then I'm planning Tuesday as our first day in MK (two days will be spent at MK on this trip) Waiting for park hours to get announced but we will either do a breakfast at Crystal Palace or see MK opening ceremony on this day, then do the opposite on day two.
diningwithpooh.jpg
ropedrop.jpg

Here is our top ten list of things to do in MK on day one:
1. Dumbo
rideDumbo.jpg

2. Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
adventurewithpooh.jpg

3. It's a Small World
smallworld.jpg

4. Peter Pan
peterpanhelpsusfly.jpg

5. BTMRR
bigthundermountainrailroad.jpg

6. Buzz Light Year Spin
defeatzurg.jpg

7. Tomorrowland Speedway
tomorrowlandspeedway.jpg

8. Jungle Cruise
junglecruise.jpg

9. Pirates of the Caribean
sailwithpirates.jpg

10. Find Push the trashcan
Push_with_characters.jpg

I don't know about counter service meals yet, That won't be decided until park hours get announced and I figure out the menu for the week for Jack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter