Can it FINALLY be true?????

I love the classics. I think it is important to keep some of Walt's original ideas to share the history with our kids. At the same time my son loves Stitch and would love to be apart of a "Hawian Rollercoaster Ride".

nooooo I so dont like stitch!
I like "the Enchanted Tiki room under new management" Iago is so funny!

Wouldn't say I was being snotty, like I said I don't really remember being warned except maybe in the little movie sequence. If a CM at the time had told my parents, "Hey, this ride is really scary and has made lots of kids cry." They probably would not have taken me on. I was quite the chicken back then (still am). I was just enjoying my trip to Disney for cheerleading and we decided to try a ride we had never been on and would scar me for life. Just kidding. I love both birds and the tiki room, but can understand the annoyance.

LOL, I'm sure, being that young, you were pretty oblivious to the possible dangers of that ride. It's all your parents fault so you can demand the money from them for your therapist.
Well if they ever bring the ride back you can hold on to me... ;)

I don't know how to interpret that, so I'll try:

You were shaking your head :sad2: until you got sick :guilty: so then someone hit you in the head :headache: so you got mad :mad: but you were confused :confused: because you didn't see who did it, then you went back to shaking your head :sad2:

If that's not what you meant, please clarify.

I am VERY excited to hear that the present tiki room will be FINALLY replaced. It is one of those SUPER annoying rides. I swear that I sing that song backwards in my sleep!:lmao: ♪♫♪ ohhhhhh, in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room, yes the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room, all the birds sing high and the flowers bloom.... in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room!♪♫♪ Arrrrrghghghghghgh!!!!

Before I make my main point, let me first say that my first visit to WDW was in 2004 so I've never seen Allien Encounter. We own all of the of the Lilo and Stitch movies. If (when) they remove SGE I will actually (please forgive me :worship::worship::worship:) miss it. We do it at least once per trip into MK and love it. I may be the only person on this board and I may need a 12 step program (Hi, My name is Ed and I love Stitch's Great Escape...."Hi Ed") but we truly love it; as hard as that may be to believe for some people. (There, I said it in public).:goodvibes

With all of that said, the current show in the Tiki room needs help.

I love Stitch's Great Escape and would miss it if it were gone as well. Stitch is a fun, troublesome character and we always enjoy his antics in that show. We get a laugh out of it every time. I did see Alien Encounter and enjoyed that attraction as well, but was ok with Stitch moving in as he was more "Disney" to me than the scary Alien.

As far as Stitch taking over the Tiki Room, I am all for it...especially if it includes Lilo. I cant wait for them to get rid of Iago and the rest of the "Under New Management" show. Its hideous! I want a reason to see the Tiki Room each time we visit Magic Kingdom (instead of avoiding it and moving on to something else when we are in Adventureland).

I would be devastated if the Enchanted Tiki room were to dissappear. It is one of my favorite attractions.

i would prefer lilo and stitch in the Tiki Room especially if that means that horrible attraction in Tomorrowland will go bye bye

I Agree...the version at the Disneyland Resort was always full when I am there...people of all ages clapping, singing, etc during the show... cant say the WDW version has that kind of magnetism.... Either they need to bring the Disneyland version to WDW, or else they need to create new tech to run multiple show versions EVERY day including the Disneyland version...

Give Jose Back His Show...

I wish they would bring the original show back. It was always a favorite (one of the birds has my family nickname and I loved seeing her up there). "In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room" is a Disney classic and needs to be kept!

I agree completely - bring back the original show! I remember taking my kids to see the Tiki birds for the first time and I was so excited to see the show I remembered from my childhood, but instead was annoyed by two birds constantly bickering. I can't stand Iago at the best of times, but to put him in s show that wasn't even humorous was even worse. I was so disappointed, and my kids were wanting to know why the birds were fighting....not a positive image to be sending to small kids....that's my own opinion though. And to cut off the Tiki bird song off just as it gets into full swing - well...that was the most disappointing part of it.

Stitch's experience is in tomorrowland and honestly there's nothing futuristic about it! Maybe they should bring the TRON stuff back! I don't know.

Tiki birds, not really crazy about that. It's right up there with the Swiss Robinson tree house. Kids don't understand about the history of these attractions. I think they need a ride maybe Tarzan sliding on the tree branches. Maybe a rollercoaster like that.

What's futuristic in Tommorrowland at all? The peoplemover? No... Some cities have similar transports (Detroit for example). Monsters, inc? No. Carousel of Progress... Even the "future" scene is dated. Indy Speedway, Space mountain... no.

The future theme of Tommorrowland left a long time ago.

Ah...
Children crying because they were scared out of their wits, the sign of a truly great ride!
There were warning signs for AE and I think there was also a blurb about it on the pre show monitor. When I went through the CM was working the line before going in was personally warning all the parents. I don't think anyone less than teenage went in.
However, I don't think the signs were real obvious and blurb on the show was sort of humorous if I remember. Some people might not have taken in seriously if the CM wasn't approaching people. Of course maybe all you kids were being snotty and he let you slip?
Thanks for clarifying the sounds dangerous thing for me.
I don't hate Iago but can understand why some people do due to his voice. I just hate Zazu because the Lying King was the lowest Disney has ever sunk (and he was in it).

What's wrong with the Lion King?

Well crap, I'm sad I missed that now. That sounds kind of awesome.

I don't mind the Under New Management version of the Tiki Room (though I've only seen videos of the original, I've never seen it in person) but I do have to wonder what they were thinking when they made it. Were they not aware of how many people really don't like Gilbert Gottfried's voice?

When it opened Aladdin was still huge and people liked the character. As the popularity has faded, the dislike spread.

I am VERY excited to hear that the present tiki room will be FINALLY replaced. It is one of those SUPER annoying rides. I swear that I sing that song backwards in my sleep!:lmao: ♪♫♪ ohhhhhh, in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room, yes the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room, all the birds sing high and the flowers bloom.... in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room!♪♫♪ Arrrrrghghghghghgh!!!!

Different strokes for Different folks... Walt loved the song, I love the song, and a LOOOOOT of other people love the song....

Of course with your logic we should get rid of a number of other Disney attractions.... lets replace "it's a small world" because of the song...and I am sure CoP's "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" means that should be changed as well. Fortunately I doubt any of that will happen... consider that every time you sing the Tiki Room song you are thinking of Disney World, Disneyland, etc....not a better form of advertising in the world! :)

What's futuristic in Tommorrowland at all? The peoplemover? No... Some cities have similar transports (Detroit for example). Monsters, inc? No. Carousel of Progress... Even the "future" scene is dated. Indy Speedway, Space mountain... no.

The future theme of Tommorrowland left a long time ago.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, from a "theme" standpoint, WDW needs to pick a theme and stick with it for Tomorrowland. Personally, I prefer the "idealized future from a 1960's perspective", leaving a more modernized look at the world of tomorrow to EPCOT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter