Can it FINALLY be true?????

yekcoh_99

Mouseketeer
Look for something new to replace Stitch’s Great Escape if its namesake heads for Adventureland. There has been discussion of The Enchanted Tiki Room – Under New Management finally departing the Magic Kingdom in time for the park’s 40th anniversary. While some have said the show would be briefly reverted to its original program, it more likely will be replaced with a new show featuring Lilo and Stitch. :confused3

Look for something new to replace Stitch’s Great Escape if its namesake heads for Adventureland. There has been discussion of The Enchanted Tiki Room – Under New Management finally departing the Magic Kingdom in time for the park’s 40th anniversary. While some have said the show would be briefly reverted to its original program, it more likely will be replaced with a new show featuring Lilo and Stitch. :confused3

I've seen the tiki room featuring Stitch in Tokyo..it's actually a decent show! Much better than the current tiki room show in WDW

I've seen the tiki room featuring Stitch in Tokyo..it's actually a decent show! Much better than the current tiki room show in WDW

Meh. I think it's a roughly comparable show. If it's better, it's because Stitch is a better character that the Gilbert Gottfried bird.

Meh. I think it's a roughly comparable show. If it's better, it's because Stitch is a better character that the Gilbert Gottfried bird.

Yes, and it's using basically the same Stitch animatronic as in Great Escape, except he's not causing trouble and not eating any chili dogs. That's the thing about SGE, the AA is great, just the rest of it is horrid.

I would definently enjoy seeing stitch in the tiki room then birds arguing back and forth.

Maybe Stitch could eat Gilbert's bird instead. THAT I might watch.

Stitch's experience is in tomorrowland and honestly there's nothing futuristic about it! Maybe they should bring the TRON stuff back! I don't know.

Tiki birds, not really crazy about that. It's right up there with the Swiss Robinson tree house. Kids don't understand about the history of these attractions. I think they need a ride maybe Tarzan sliding on the tree branches. Maybe a rollercoaster like that.

Well, if it means keeping the Tiki Room open, then move Stitch on in - although the current version is fine and there was NOTHING wrong with the original.

I just hope that they keep some version of "In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room" in any updated versions ... that song has been a family favourite for more than 30 years and 3 generations. (Ok, so we all have an odd sense of humour.) :)

ETA: I have no use for SGE, so it being rethemed/replaced would be a good thing in my book.

Well, if it means keeping the Tiki Room open, then move Stitch on in - although the current version is fine and there was NOTHING wrong with the original.

I just hope that they keep some version of "In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room" in any updated versions ... that song has been a family favourite for more than 30 years and 3 generations. (Ok, so we all have an odd sense of humour.) :)

ETA: I have no use for SGE, so it being rethemed/replaced would be a good thing in my book.

I believe the Stitch version in Tokyo has zero "In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room," which was my biggest disappointment with it. Not even the tiniest little nod to it.

And in case you're wondering, the original version in Tokyo did use the song (in Japanese, of course -- but it was a very good translation that's also instantly recognizable to English-speaking fans of the ride).

I believe the Stitch version in Tokyo has zero "In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room," which was my biggest disappointment with it. Not even the tiniest little nod to it.

And in case you're wondering, the original version in Tokyo did use the song (in Japanese, of course -- but it was a very good translation that's also instantly recognizable to English-speaking fans of the ride).

That's disappointing ... :sad1:

But, since this is all rumour and speculation at this point, I'm going to put in a plug for an "International Tike Room" ... they could sing the Tiki Song in English, Japanese, French (for Disney Paris), etc. - if it keeps the Tiki Song there, then it's all good by me!

(You never know, maybe an imagineer frequents these boards and will take note! :goodvibes)

That's disappointing ... :sad1:

But, since this is all rumour and speculation at this point, I'm going to put in a plug for an "International Tike Room" ... they could sing the Tiki Song in English, Japanese, French (for Disney Paris), etc. - if it keeps the Tiki Song there, then it's all good by me!

(You never know, maybe an imagineer frequents these boards and will take note! :goodvibes)

It's a Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki World After All?

i just wish they'd bring back the original Tiki Room. to me, stitch is not an improvement.

It's sitting right there in Disneyland waiting for you. :goodvibes

No reason for DL and the MK to be mirror images of one another. If Disney is going to invest money in altering the MK attraction, better to move it forward to something different. Just make sure it's good!

I like both the original and the under new managment show. I like the fact that I can see them both by traveling to DLR or WDW.
I don't like Stitch. Granted, I've never seen the Japanese show, but I just can't see how Stitch would fit into the Tiki Room. Even if it is a well done show, I just don't care for Stitch.
I hope it stays as is..

MG

It's a Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki World After All?

Thanks for the chuckle! :thumbsup2

(We're also die-hard IaSW fans ... never been stuck on the ride with the song repeating endlessly though, so that might explain at least part of it.)

It's sitting right there in Disneyland waiting for you. :goodvibes

No reason for DL and the MK to be mirror images of one another. If Disney is going to invest money in altering the MK attraction, better to move it forward to something different. Just make sure it's good!

i know. :) but my chances of getting to DL anytime ever is pretty slim. i'd love to visit CA (not just DL), but it doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon.

i'm not against change. i thought the plussing of both POTC and HM were well-done. they updated and enhanced those rides without losing their original spirit.

but i stand by my original statement. i'd be happy if they brought back the original. i'm one of THOSE. and yes, i also miss Mr. Toad too. ;)

now, they could always change it to bring back the spirit of the original, while still moving it forward. stitch is not a movement forward IMO. not everything needs a disney character attached to it.

i know. :) but my chances of getting to DL anytime ever is pretty slim. i'd love to visit CA (not just DL), but it doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon.

i'm not against change. i thought the plussing of both POTC and HM were well-done. they updated and enhanced those rides without losing their original spirit.

but i stand by my original statement. i'd be happy if they brought back the original. i'm one of THOSE. and yes, i also miss Mr. Toad too. ;)

But with all due respect, it's your choice to not visit Disneyland.

We love to visit both WDW and DL. In fact, a couple weeks ago I already booked plane tickets for our June '11 trip to DL. Paid only $158 per person from Detroit to LA...less than we've paid for many flights to Orlando.

With two resort complexes in the continental US, I'd much rather see differentiation between the parks. We are all better off when Disney continues to innovate rather than simply copying the same rides and shows over and over again to a half-dozen parks around the world.

Down with clones!

But with all due respect, it's your choice to not visit Disneyland.

it's actually not. not everyone is able to go to both parks. you are very fortunate that you can. :)

i would just be happy to see Iago and Zazu out of there. and please, no Stitch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter