Can I use the dining plan this way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just be aware that CRT is one of the lower cost TS meals (when you pay with credits).

What its two credits? :confused3

At CRT you use two to pay for a say $50 meal or $25 per credit value. There are many more 1 credit TS places where you would spend more than $25.

You have to think about the worth of the credits not how much the overall meal costs. :teacher:

I believe OP said CRT DINNER and the cost for dinner is $65-71 per adult and $40-43 for children. That makes the break down to at least $32.50 which is now well within the break even or surpass value of a 2TS credit meal.

Funny, it's that part that makes me think that it could be possible - I guess the confusion is in the word "reservation" because I was thinking it meant either the ADR or our group's trip reservation (4 rooms all made at one time, paid by the same person) but you are implying that "reservation" means people in one room. Your definition matches the part of the brochure that more specifically states "cannot share with other guests not on your *deluxe* dining plan"

It seems like there should be a little more education for Agents and call center CMs, so that little misunderstandings like this, that turn into big costly misunderstands, aren't being perpetuated

Just to elaborate a bit...

(obviously I don't know your exact details) Your 4 rooms are more than likely 4 separate reservations, with 4 separate reservation numbers. Whoever is paying for the reservation means nothing.

If you had 2 rooms on 1 reservation, all of those people would be on the same type of dining plan and listed on each KTTW card.

Well, I guess we'll find out if it happens for us in April - I was just informed that we're doing it. I wish I knew more but I guess we'll see how it goes down when we get there

Thank you all again for your help! I look forward to "seeing" you around the boards while we gear up for our trip!

Well, I guess we'll find out if it happens for us in April - I was just informed that we're doing it. I wish I knew more but I guess we'll see how it goes down when we get there

Thank you all again for your help! I look forward to "seeing" you around the boards while we gear up for our trip!
Unless you have free dining, this may not be your best choice anyway depending on the breakdown of the group. The TIW card will give you a 20% discount and even if one person had to buy an AP to do so, you'd likely come out ahead assuming you have to buy tickets anyway (plus there are other benefits). $75 for a card that will cover 10 people and an additional card for $50. Those ages 3-9 and the specifics of the rest of the trip will determine what's really the best choice. Sometimes they will allow you to pay for others with the DP. I'd suggest he try every time possible and save any other credits you can, then if they don't allow it at CRT, you'll have additional credits to cover part of the meals there and extra credits to use for yourself or possibly others at other times.

I believe OP said CRT DINNER and the cost for dinner is $65-71 per adult and $40-43 for children. That makes the break down to at least $32.50 which is now well within the break even or surpass value of a 2TS credit meal.

Wow I need to keep up with prices, but the general statement still can fit for other 2 credit meals.

As always you have to do the math :teacher: and realize the cost/value of things aren't always what they appear. :thumbsup2 aka "Free Dining"

How do you think your FIL will handle it in April when he gets the bill and is told he can't do this? Will he accept it without argument or will he make a scene? I would just really hate for this dining experience to be ruined for your group.

How do you think your FIL will handle it in April when he gets the bill and is told he can't do this? Will he accept it without argument or will he make a scene? I would just really hate for this dining experience to be ruined for your group.

He's more the southern gentlemanly type, he'll quietly handle it then vent when he's in private. I'll probably be the only one who realizes there's a problem when he asks us to all hand over our cards as I don't think he's made anyone else privy to his decision to upgrade his room's dining (there's not a lot of information sharing that goes on in my husband's family - hence my lack of explanation as to why we're going ahead with the plan despite the rules). We're going right after the girls do BBB so he will be extra aware of preserving the moment.

Thankfully, this is planned for the mid-point of our trip so if we end up needing to skip some ADRs in favor of paying OOP for quick service we can do that to mitigate the size of the $$ loss a bit.

He's more the southern gentlemanly type, he'll quietly handle it then vent when he's in private. I'll probably be the only one who realizes there's a problem when he asks us to all hand over our cards as I don't think he's made anyone else privy to his decision to upgrade his room's dining (there's not a lot of information sharing that goes on in my husband's family - hence my lack of explanation as to why we're going ahead with the plan despite the rules). We're going right after the girls do BBB so he will be extra aware of preserving the moment.

Thankfully, this is planned for the mid-point of our trip so if we end up needing to skip some ADRs in favor of paying OOP for quick service we can do that to mitigate the size of the $$ loss a bit.

That's good. I've read far too many stories of crying kids while parents or grandparents make a scene about something not working out the way they wanted it to. It's usually when the parents have promised a meal with xyz character, didn't make ADRs, and then blow up when they get to the restaurant with their kids in tow and are turned away.

A. Sorry, you may not use your Disney Deluxe Dining Plan to redeem meals for friends
or family members who are not included in your reservation or have not purchased a
Disney dining plan.
and we will be on the same reservation (booking as a whole and reservation at the restaurant)

They don't mean the same reservation AT THE RESTAURANT. They mean the same ROOM reservation.

I'm going to close this now, as the OP has been notified as to what Disney's policy is, and presumably so has her father-in-law, and it sounds as though she is prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter