• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Camping Board Family

I have to agree with others. I mostly came to the DISboards for the "Camping" section. I have since branched to other areas. When in those other areas some posters are downright nasty and create much (unneeded) drama. Sadly, I am sure I have done the same. I guess it's contagious.

In that same light, I think the friendship and camaraderie of the campers (and the Camping forum) is also contagious. It brings me back to a happier and friendly place. I consider it almost like a "SPA" as I find not only camping but talking about camping relaxing.

The trouble on the other boards is, they can't figure out IMO means that "In my opinion" yea, you can have your opinion but if it don't agree with mine, you're wrong, no it's just my opinion. Just start posting on the FP+ threads and tell them that you like fp+ and boy do they go crazy! I also see the ones "I'm not cooking and cleaning on vacation" and then post about bringing the crock pot to the resort and wiping everything down with Lysol when they arrive and putting the tv remote in a baggie! OOOKKKK.....but I'm not cooking and cleaning! LOL. My DS and family just got back from a trip to DL with their camper, second day out, went to start truck and click, click. Had hood open and guy comes by, asks what's wrong and DS tells him he thinks batteries are bad, he says, "I have a battery tester, let me go get it. They check batteries, bad, find a shop that has batteries, DS don't know how he's going to get to buy the batteries and guy tells him, "I'll take you down" They get batteries and he's on his way. Could you see this happening at a resort?

The trouble on the other boards is, they can't figure out IMO means that "In my opinion" yea, you can have your opinion but if it don't agree with mine, you're wrong, no it's just my opinion. Just start posting on the FP+ threads and tell them that you like fp+ and boy do they go crazy! I also see the ones "I'm not cooking and cleaning on vacation" and then post about bringing the crock pot to the resort and wiping everything down with Lysol when they arrive and putting the tv remote in a baggie! OOOKKKK.....but I'm not cooking and cleaning! LOL. My DS and family just got back from a trip to DL with their camper, second day out, went to start truck and click, click. Had hood open and guy comes by, asks what's wrong and DS tells him he thinks batteries are bad, he says, "I have a battery tester, let me go get it. They check batteries, bad, find a shop that has batteries, DS don't know how he's going to get to buy the batteries and guy tells him, "I'll take you down" They get batteries and he's on his way. Could you see this happening at a resort?

I have been poking around the "Rumors and News" board. They are brutal there. Then I posted a thread about Out of control with some abbreviations. Wow did that blossom into something more than I thought. Live and learn I guess.

I love your story about the DS and Battery. You are right, probably not going to happen at a resort. I could, however, see it happening at just about any campground I have ever been too. (Not all of them but most of them). I think campers, in general, are just a different kind of person/people, and in the "Good Way!"

Yep- same thing happened to us over our Christmas trip! Our "rolling turd" had "issues" and my husband had fellow campers bring him around to get parts, and even offer to help work on it. I just can't imagine staying anywhere else....

I have been poking around the "Rumors and News" board. They are brutal there.
Ha ha. I've seen you over there. You are holding your own pretty good. It's the only other place I regularly read on DIS. It is a different place compared to here, but once you figure out the regulars, it's not too bad.

Once you realize you will likely need to defend you position (opinion), it's a fun place. Kind of like the world I play in at work.

j

The trouble on the other boards is, they can't figure out IMO means that "In my opinion" yea, you can have your opinion

Boy isn't that the truth. If I post in any other board at the end of my post I put a disclaimer **Please note this is only my opinion and mine only. We each have our own and you are welcome to yours as well.**

I was poking around the Theme Parks board tonight and I said, nah I'm going back to the camping board lol. Thanks again to everyone who's posted and shared stories. Keep 'em coming. Only a little over a week and it will be time for me to start my first live trip report.

I love the camping forum!! It's where I spend most of my time on the boards..... you are right that it's a bit more friendly and laid back than the other forums. I like to read about other people's adventures at the Fort, and look at pictures- especially when it is a long time between trips!

I put a disclaimer **Please note this is only my opinion and mine only. We each have our own and you are welcome to yours as well.**

I know but the next thing you get is, yes but you're wrong! lol. If you notice most of the FP+ hate discussions, the really vocal ones against it are ones with 1200+ posts that knew how to manipulate the old system! They tell me how great FP- was but they were the first ones that complained loudly when Disney started enforcing the return times and they couldn't gather fp all day and come back and use them all at night.

The only reason I go on those boards is for entertainment purposes.

I do go over to the resort forum and visit the Fort Wilderness thread because people post questions there and I try to help if I can. It is beyond me why in the world there is a resort thread for Fort Wilderness when there is camping forum on the main page...

It just confuses people but there are a few regular posters over there that have some good info. Shame to have it all scattered out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter