• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Camping Board Family

Bishoparc

DIS Veteran
I've just got to say that for the exact same reasons we love Fort Wilderness, I love the Camping Board here on the DIS. Just such a sense of family & community that just makes you feel good. I look forward every day to getting home to find a few minutes to squeeze in and read the posts I've missed and they always make me smile.

Thanks to each and every person that participates in this board, for sharing your memories, tips, plans, and laughs with the rest of us.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and we'll see ya' at The Fort real soon!

I've just got to say that for the exact same reasons we love Fort Wilderness, I love the Camping Board here on the DIS. Just such a sense of family & community that just makes you feel good. I look forward every day to getting home to find a few minutes to squeeze in and read the posts I've missed and they always make me smile

:wave2:I agree with you Bishoparc. There's an underlying character in camping enthusiasts that translates as friendship between virtual neighbors. As a matter of fact, I am still smiling at your recent response regarding Trails End breakfast: quite a neighborly offer to check on the sticky buns availability on the breakfast buffet. We too will volunteer to check when there in November and will even sample them daily to ensure they use the same delicious recipe. :stir:

Thanks for putting in words how we feel. Best wishesl! :jumping1:

Yeah, and with me you still get the squirrels too!

Since I came here in 2009 a lot has changed on these boards. Some better, some worse, but more recently it has settled into a good place for newbies to get some help and some of us long timers a chance to tell some stories and post our experiences.

I have yet to meet a Diser I didn't like and hopefully this October that number of handshakes is going to explode through the roof.

Thanks for starting this thread, Bishoparc.

The DIS Camping Board in its current state is the best its ever been. Folks post in here to help and share. I'm constantly amazed at the number of new names and sign-ups that take place. That tells me that we're doing the right things for the right reasons.

Personally this fall I'm looking forward to the Alabama college football season, following all these meet-and-greet threads, reading trip reports of any kind, and viewing any pix posted. Since I don't have a return trip planned yet, I will have to live a little through everyone else.

Ya'll keep up the good work!

Bama Ed

This forum has a different vibe then a lot of the other sections of the DisBoards IMO. Everyone is very helpful, less judgmental, and most importantly VERY friendly.

Agree totally! That's why this is where you find me mostly =)

I have been a member of the dis for a long time. I never posted much, but once I found the camping board last year, I have posted much more. I enjoy it here, less drama. I also appreciate how much everyone loves my rock star, Mallory and Yeti. I get love and support verses stupid things people can say.

Yeah, my daughters haven't seen a pic of Mallory in a while...

Mallory looks comfy in the pool. I wish I'd had a pool to cool off in after mowing the lawn this morning!

I'm a bit reserved and thus something of a "lurker". Been on the DIS for a very long time but this is the only forum I really feel comfortable posting on... :love:

I agree this is the best forum I have been on. I don't write much, but all the good suggestions & feel the excitement when someone is doing their blog - It is like I am right in the park with them. Thank you all for good ideals. Tiggerdad I always take good care of your squirrels when I am at the Fort & will do so this coming Jan 3rd thru the 16th. Happy travels to everyone visiting the best place on earth FORT WILDERNESS!!

I agree this is the best forum I have been on

Love your board name! One of the best character interactions I ever had was with Eeyore! At MNSSHP, he actually got out of the parade, took my hat off of me and he put it on! We watched the parade both times that night and he found me both times! lol That was our first MNSSHP and it will go down as one of my favorite memories of all time.

Yeah! I really enjoy this board, I may not post alot but I'm on here just about every day reading along. We've only met one other DISers, Tiggerdad and his family, really good people! I'm hope to run into Bama Ed at the Alabama/Ole Miss game. Lotta fine folk here on the camping board!

Lets face it, it has been said many times, people who camp are just different In a very good way. We are friendly and enjoy sharing a handshake, a hello, a recipe or just a friendly wave. Like others on this forum I do not post a lot but enjoy reading what others have to share and when I do post, I feel comfortable doing so. I have learned much by just reading what others have posted. The DW and I love the pics and the trip reports.
Again, like many others, I look forward to sitting down in the evenings and reading the Dis camping forum.
One of the first things we do when setting up camp is to put out our green DIS Board sign. (Thanks Bama Ed!!)

Yeah, and with me you still get the squirrels too!

Since I came here in 2009 a lot has changed on these boards. Some better, some worse, but more recently it has settled into a good place for newbies to get some help and some of us long timers a chance to tell some stories and post our experiences.

I have yet to meet a Diser I didn't like and hopefully this October that number of handshakes is going to explode through the roof.

Saw this little guy at Manchester KOA in Tenn on the way down to WDW last year guarding the lobby. Thought of you and had to take the pic!

Attachments

• Squirrel.png
    Squirrel.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 10
I have to agree with others. I mostly came to the DISboards for the "Camping" section. I have since branched to other areas. When in those other areas some posters are downright nasty and create much (unneeded) drama. Sadly, I am sure I have done the same. I guess it's contagious.

In that same light, I think the friendship and camaraderie of the campers (and the Camping forum) is also contagious. It brings me back to a happier and friendly place. I consider it almost like a "SPA" as I find not only camping but talking about camping relaxing.

I love following everyone on this forum as well :) When we took our first trip almost 4 years ago, the help I got on here was invaluable- I don't know what we would have done w/o it. We stayed at the cabins for 12 days purely by chance- with 6 of us it seemed the most economical place for us all to fit in one room, plus we got free dining. I fell so completely in love with the Fort, I came back to MN and we bought an old "fixer-upper" RV on Craig's List, and drove that down over Christmas in 2013.
As many of you probably remember - my older brother was dying of cancer, and that trip was my last chance to spend time with him. I did a trip report during that trip, and at that time the support and encouragement I got from members of this board was amazing- I felt like everyone was right there with me, and you all weren't just "campers" at the Fort- you felt more like "friends" even though we'd never met in person.

Now- coming this October- and seeing so many others coming at the same time- I am beyond excited to meet some of you! Names like Bama Ed, and Tiggerdad- plus so many others- they are common household names in our house, as I randomly tell my family who said what today on the DIS board LOL I hope over time I will get many chances to meet all of you, and eventually put faces to all those names. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter