• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cameo Question

hiclarke

Mouseketeer
It's been a while since I have been on the boards because life got really, really busy and haven't had much time to scrap or swap. But, for Christmas, my husband is getting me the Cameo. Question - I believe it is compatible with SCAL - but do I need to order an updated version AND is there another software I should get to make it compatible with all SVG files?

Thanks for any guidance!

Hannelore

yes, if you have SCAL2, then the upgrade to SCAL3 is free. You can have both SCAL2 and SCAL3 installed on your computer.

Silhouette Studio (SS) is the free software for the Cameo. That software utilizes .studio files. You can also save your .svg files as .dxf files and SS will open dxf files.

OR you can upgrade to SS Designer Edition and automatically open .svg files. the retail price of SSDE is about $50, but if you wait, you can often find discounts.

I bought mine for $25, and I thought that was a nice addition to compliement the SCAL3.

I personally like the Print and Cut better with SSDE than with SCAL3.

SO, now that you know you are getting the Cameo, go to the Silhouette Online store and start collecting the free studio file they offer each Tuesday.

One thing to know, it is not easy to save .studio files as .svg files. You would need to screen capture the image and then trace, just like any other image on line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter