Cambodia, Vietnam & Laos: Jewels of Southeast Asia Meets Thread

Will appreciate catching up on information here over the next 440 days! Our group of 9--we met on ABD trip to Peru--signed up today for August 3-14, 2015.

Looking forward to meeting any other dis-ers.

me, DH, DD(24), DS(21), DS(16) and four DFs (dear friends)

Heart, I love that you're going with ABD buddies! We also frequently travel with dear friends we met on our ABD to Peru, in 2008. Heading to Alaska with them in just a few weeks! Would love to do this ABD too, someday.

Will appreciate catching up on information here over the next 440 days! Our group of 9--we met on ABD trip to Peru--signed up today for August 3-14, 2015.

Looking forward to meeting any other dis-ers.

me, DH, DD(24), DS(21), DS(16) and four DFs (dear friends)
Cool! I've added you to the Roll Call in the first post. :) I haven't made traveling buddies with anyone on my ABDs yet, but I did end up traveling with a couple on my Greece ABD who were on my first ABD (Arizona/Utah). We didn't arrange it, they just happened to be on the same ABD as me. It's fun!

Sayhello

Anyone going this summer to SE Asia? Any suggestions on what to wear?? I know it will be hot and humid... what is appropriate dress? Also did anyone get typhoid shots and malaria pills? Trip reports and photos would be GREATLY appreciated! Looking forward to going!

2011 Australia
2012 Peru
2013 South Africa
2014 SE Asia with DH, 2 sons, and 4 Dear friends!

We went in April this year. It was extremely hot! Shorts and tshirts are the best bet. On four days you will need shoulders and arms covered. Bring plenty of clothes as you get pretty hot and sweaty and will change clothing a lot.

Anyone going this summer to SE Asia? Any suggestions on what to wear?? I know it will be hot and humid... what is appropriate dress? Also did anyone get typhoid shots and malaria pills? Trip reports and photos would be GREATLY appreciated! Looking forward to going!

2011 Australia
2012 Peru
2013 South Africa
2014 SE Asia with DH, 2 sons, and 4 Dear friends!
Welcome to the DISBoards and the ABD Forum! Please check the Trip Report Sticky at the top of this Forum. Cousin Orville has a photo-filled detailed report of this trip!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2167714&page=5

If you let me know which departure you are on, and any details of your travel party you'd like to share, I can add you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread!

Sayhello

Sorry if I missed this - anyone else on 7/21 southeast asia trip? We're travelling with our 11 year old.

Sorry if I missed this - anyone else on 7/21 southeast asia trip? We're travelling with our 11 year old.
Hi, mamclaug! I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread. It looks like you are on the same trip with DISer DebMA and her extended family!

If you let me know the makeup of your traveling party, I'll update your entry on the Roll Call.

Sayhello

Yes-my family is! We're a group of 7-three grandparents, my two sons (16&13) my husband and I. Packed the first suitcase yesterday-we're getting very excited

A couple people have mentioned in another thread that Mosquitos weren't a big issue. We got every shot imaginable (and malaria and typhoid pills) and I was planning on packing some very lightweight l/s shirts to help protects us from bites and sunburn. Obviously we'll pack sunscreen and insect repellant but I'm wondering if anyone who's gone in the last year can give me an idea as to how much bug repellant or pack. What about on the rice farming/falls day? My MIL is so concerned she's planning on skipping the rice farm- I had to talk her into packing even one pair of shorts, just in case she changes her mind. Thoughts? We leave in one week!

A couple people have mentioned in another thread that Mosquitos weren't a big issue. We got every shot imaginable (and malaria and typhoid pills) and I was planning on packing some very lightweight l/s shirts to help protects us from bites and sunburn. Obviously we'll pack sunscreen and insect repellant but I'm wondering if anyone who's gone in the last year can give me an idea as to how much bug repellant or pack. What about on the rice farming/falls day? My MIL is so concerned she's planning on skipping the rice farm- I had to talk her into packing even one pair of shorts, just in case she changes her mind. Thoughts? We leave in one week!

We used repellant for the day we went to the rice farm, but there weren't any bugs from what I can remember. For us it was pretty much a nonissue. If I were doing this trip again, I'd bring the smallest can of spray I could find and bring it just in case, but I doubt I'd use it. We went in June.

My husband and I are on the Dec. 22, 2014 trip
I've added you to the Roll Call in the first post of this thread. It looks like you'll be on the same departure as DISers AddictedtoTravel and Kez250!

Sayhello

3 of us are on the Dec 19 2014 trip to SE Asia. 2 adults and 1 10 year old girl. This is our first trip with ABD.
Looking forward to it and hoping there are other kids for our daughter to hang with.

3 of us are on the Dec 19 2014 trip to SE Asia. 2 adults and 1 10 year old girl. This is our first trip with ABD.
Looking forward to it and hoping there are other kids for our daughter to hang with.
Welcome to the DISBoards and the ABD Forum! I've added you to the Roll Call in the first post of this thread.

Sayhello

ok , we have changed our mind again and are now on this trip June 8 2015
dad
daughter (10)
OK, I've added you to the Roll Call for this trip. Remind me which one you were previously on, please, so I can remove you from that list.

Has ABD penalized you at all for all the mind changing? :confused3

Sayhello

OK, I've added you to the Roll Call for this trip. Remind me which one you were previously on, please, so I can remove you from that list. Has ABD penalized you at all for all the mind changing? :confused3 Sayhello

no they moved deposit, with no charge.
we have a really good travel agent !
we were on the Galapagos trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter