Cambodia, Vietnam & Laos: Jewels of Southeast Asia Meets Thread

Thank you acndis. Looks like we will fly back to Saigon as well. Good to hear about Vietnam Air.

My son is 19 and my daughter is 16. I know my daughter will love it, but I am really concerned about my son. Are these trips geared to more the 10-15 year olds?
We had a family from England that had 3 adult aged daughters on the trip. They were incredible people and the young women had a great time! There is not a lot of down time on this trip but when there was, I often saw them lounging at the pool or shopping. For our son (who is 8), there were not a lot of Junior-centric activities (we also only had 3 true Junior Adventurers) which was no problem. Almost all the activities skew older (cooking, snake wine, Museums, etc.) All the activities were so fun, they worked for everyone. Our group was on the smallish side so everyone hung out together.

I think your son will find plenty to do and won't feel like the trip is for kids. It's really not. I think both of your kids will have a great time. My husband is not a rah rah Disney person (I don't think I am either but he might argue differently) and this trip had very little of that. That could have been the guides we had (Chris B. and Henry--AMAZING) but I think it's more the immersive nature of the trip. It's a perfect choice for teens and young adults.

If anyone wouldn't mind sharing, what would be a good estimate of currency to keep on hand per country for this ABD?

Do you recommend ordering currency in advance or waiting until within each country, based on your experiences in Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia (any trouble finding ATMs/ having time to go to an ATM)?

I will be on the June 26th 2016 trip & am trying to decide how I want to approach this :)

If anyone wouldn't mind sharing, what would be a good estimate of currency to keep on hand per country for this ABD?

Do you recommend ordering currency in advance or waiting until within each country, based on your experiences in Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia (any trouble finding ATMs/ having time to go to an ATM)?

I will be on the June 26th 2016 trip & am trying to decide how I want to approach this :)
US Dollars! You don't need anything else. All of the countries take them. My husband and I didn't know this (weren't paying attention) and got stuck with some Laotian money at the end! US Dollars work the best and almost everyone takes them. Those that don't take credit cards.

Have the best time! This is a wonderful trip.

We are going August 4-15 2019. Doing a 2- day stopover in Singapore on the way in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter