Calorie Information on the menus.... What do you think?

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
I mean this all in good spirit, so please I know it's good for the health conscious people.

However, when you go to Disney I feel an escape from the world, and now having my favorite treats remind me that they're so bad for me kind of takes me out of it.

Alas it's GOOD and BAD...what say you guys?

I mean this all in good spirit, so please I know it's good for the health conscious people.

However, when you go to Disney I feel an escape from the world, and now having my favorite treats remind me that they're so bad for me kind of takes me out of it.

It's good.

If I needed to be totally shielded from reality when ordering, they'd have to take the prices off, too.

Last edited:

I like to forget about calories on vacation....especially somewhere like Disney, where you walk all day long. I suppose it will help me make more responsible choices, darn it!

I think it's good. The body knows even when the brain doesn't! Might as well let the brain know what you're doing. :)

I can't say that I'm happy, because I do not want to know how many calories are in a Carrot Cake Cookie, but I do think it's a good thing.

Is this recent information ? I haven't read anything about this ! I would be very happy about it, and it would actually make my vacation much more enjoyable.

Where can I find the announcement ?

Is this recent information ? I haven't read anything about this ! I would be very happy about it, and it would actually make my vacation much more enjoyable.

Where can I find the announcement ?

There were pictures posted somewhere of calorie counts on the CCH menu but I thought it said that Disney was testing it at select locations right now. I was shocked that the lighthouse sandwich has as much calories as a lobster roll or fried fish. I was thinking hey for that many calories might as well go all out and not eat hummus.

I am all for it. It's commonplace in restaurants here in CA and honestly, I have stopped ordering certain dishes when we eat out due to disgustingly high calorie counts. I have slowly put on weight over the past couple years and it helps to have that knowledge so I can make better choices, or at least share more often.

Personally I would much prefer a carb count rather than calorie count. . . .
. . and I'm interested more in fat and sugar numbers, so to keep us all happy things could get really dicey.
I like the way Cheesecake Factory does it - they have a separate book you can ask for, that has *all* the numbers in it. Reading it is strictly optional, and what that one basically tells me is that I would be better off eating somewhere else altogether!

I think it's a good thing - it's an informed choice! I like having that information so I can decide if it's worth it to me. And when you then work out how much exercise that calorie intake is equivalent to, it's a big motivator!

The FDA requires nutritional labeling at fast food and restaurants (not all, have to meet certain criteria) and I can't say that I have ever paid attention to it. While I would love to know the carb count on what I eat, I pretty much know what to avoid if I don't want something high in carbs anyway. I have no illusion that anything I order out is good for me, I really don't need to see the details about how much its not good for me LOL.

I think it is very helpful though for those who have dietary restrictions for health reasons, so its not something I'd ever be against.

I don't care whether or not they put it on the menus, but I'd love to have it available in the app or on the website. I've lost over 30 pounds this year just from counting calories, and while I can make educated guesses using resources like CalorieKing, it would be more accurate to have that info provided. It'd be nice to get all the other info as well - carbs, sodium, etc.

Folks are still free to order that ~1100 calorie turkey leg if they want it, after all.

I like having more information so I can make a more educated choice. The thing to keep in mind is that menu calorie information is often not accurate. It is one thing to know the calories and macros in processed food that is uniform but quite another when we are talking about prepared food that will very from one dish to the next. As long as you look at it as a best guess and not accurate down to the calorie you are in good shape.

. . and I'm interested more in fat and sugar numbers, so to keep us all happy things could get really dicey.
I like the way Cheesecake Factory does it - they have a separate book you can ask for, that has *all* the numbers in it. Reading it is strictly optional, and what that one basically tells me is that I would be better off eating somewhere else altogether!
Yep, and I want calorie and fat counts.

But not on vacation. When there, I just don't want to know.

I think its good and you can choose to look if you care. However, it may be scarey at the same time. At the end of the day, I will eat what I want on vacay :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter