calm my confusion

mom2cookies

DIS Veteran
We are going this September (2005) the week of Labor Day. DH and I were excited cause we read the WDW is not very crowed the week after Labor Day. Would that mean the week after Labor Day week? or the week following Labor DAY day? We will go no matter what 'cause it(the trip) is bought and paid for. And we already went on the two most crowded weeks. (easter and Christmas) But we are hoping it won't be. Usually we go to the Jersey shore that week and it is practically empty after monday so we are using the same logic for WDW. Are we in for a good surprise or a bad one? I'd appreciate any information from anyone that has been there during that time. :banana: DH :umbrella: me
:cheer2: DD 14 :cloud9: DD friend 14
princess: DD12 :flower: DD11
pirate: DS9

excited no matter what!!!!

We always try to go on our honeymoon week which is 8/29 and the following week which is past Labor Day weekend. We usually stay about 9 nights. The reason we choose this time of year is because the crowds are very low except the actual Labor Day weekend, but once Tuesday after Labor Day comes, crowds are gone again. It gets crowded but not like Christmas (never been Easter). I have never gone Labor Day weekend when they have hit park capacity. Christmas was park capacity and CM's were turning people away. The parks close a little earlier at this time of year due to "off-peak" season. We don't mind because then we just hop on over to Epcot for Illuminations. We never get tired of Illuminations.

It is very, very :sunny: HOT that time of the year!!!! Drink plenty of fluids and you may want to take a break from the heat in the afternoon.

Next year we are going to venture out of our comfort zone and try late Sept into early Oct. :cloud9:

Hope this helped to answer your question and to keep your excitement going. :cheer2:

Pooh, thanks for your reassurance. We are so very very excited. And we are planning on drinking LOTS and LOTs of water. We've been "practicing" :goodvibes . Thanks. :grouphug:

Mom2cookies - I am looking forward to hopefully hearing a trip report from you and your welcome!!

Mom2cookies--thanks for the question! Pooh-Thanks for the answer! We're going to be there Sept 8th-16th and was hoping the crowds will be less than other summer months. I was also wondering about the weather...so thanks!
Jen

i went september 12th beforw and the crowds were perfect.ques were fairly short...nice weather id say perfect time to be going. :rotfl:

Natalie-Glad to hear you had good weather....I've been looking at weather.com & it seems to always have rain predicted....I'm hoping 1) that the rain holds out while we're there or 2) it is at night when we're sleeping!! :0)

We went the last week of September last year and had such short waits that we made sure to book September again this year! The longest we ever had to wait during our 10 day trip was 30 minutes for Dumbo and that was a "crowded day" because it was the only day of the week that you could see Spectro Magic in MK. We will be there the same time as you this year, and I've heard that it's a great time to go!

Kelly, Dan, Princess Gracie 6.75, and Princess Madelyn 2.5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter