Calling RPR hotel with specific view

Gill43

Earning My Ears
Since I already have a reservation to stay at the RPR and I did have the receptionist to make a note of a poolview, should I call the hotel to ensure that I do get that view, eventhough it is already noted on the reservation?

(Wife really wants a poolview)

..........If not, I think I might find myself sleeping on the sofa at RPR, if there is one.

I don't think it will be a problem. Most people actually want a park view in tower 1. Try this thread for some ideas. You can call with an exact room if you want, and then ask about it when you check in. They will see the room number on file when they pull up your reservation.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=616763&page=1&pp=15

If you pay for a pool view they will give you one. You might want to request an upper floor so your view is not obstructed by palm trees. If worse comes to worse there are sofas on the lobby floor. :rotfl:

The thread posted above is great...helped me decide what room I would like to request.

I called this morning to see if I could get rm 1733 for my stay. They blocked it for me, but was sure to say that if a big group came in and needed rooms together that it may change. As of now, the room is mine. What do you think the chances are that will happen? I'm hoping small.

Anyways, good luck, and good vacation!

Mukala,

You should be fine. If they blocked it out for you they most likely will keep it that way. They tend to put big groups in tower 2 because it is the least requested tower by leisure travelers and groups don't usually care about the view from their rooms. Good choice by the way, 1733 is a great room!

We were in 1633 and could watch the fireworkd from US from our room. You will love it. 1733 is all the way at the end of the hallway. The door to the stairway is right there. We just walked down that stairway and it brought us out right to the walking path to City Walk.

We are really excited! We leave Sunday. This is our first trip to UO. Can't wait!

Now...if they will just delay the shuttle launch until Monday or Tuesday... ;)

Thanks everyone!

Everyone tries for room 1733 at the end of the hallway now, LOL. I bet the reservation people laugh they hear it so much. The rooms near 1733 will give you a good view also, like 1633, or 1533. That entire side of the building faces towards USF. So if you don't get the very end of the hallway and end up in 1731, 1729, or 1727, you will still have a great view. Or if you end up on the 6th or 5th floor, that's still high enough.

The fireworks show is at USF this year, and the big shells go off behind MIB. This is much farther away than the IOA show that most are used to seeing from the hotel room. You will probably enjoy the show seeing it in person, standing in front of BTTF. Still, the view from the rooms described above is incredible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter