Calling all VRBO experts

firsttimer2007

DIS Veteran
Okay, after a long, hard search I think I may have found a home to rent. :cool

but...I have a few questions.

1. How do I confirm the ownership of the home? (what is the tax website)

2. If the same home is listed twice, with two different #'s and neither listing has the correct location, should I be worried?

1. How do I confirm the ownership of the home? (what is the tax website) Don't know

2. If the same home is listed twice, with two different #'s and neither listing has the correct location, should I be worried?
That sounds bizarre. Are you sure its the same property? Some of those houses in resorts all look the same.

I can't help with information but be careful. People from different states, Ohio was one, were fraudulently listing properties in the French Quarter for rent during the Super Bowl. The poor people came to New Orleans only to find they had nowhere to stay.

The county website where the the property is will show you who owns the property and if the taxes have been paid

I have seen where people own multiple houses and use the same pictures for all the houses. Is the address listed in the description? If it is the same address in both listings I would be warry. If the address isn't listed I'd email the owner. Are the reviews the same? Are there reviews? I tend to stay away from ones where there aren't any reviews or the reviews are 5+ years old. Can you find the property on another website besides VRBO like homeaway? Searching the property tax bill is a great idea - think I'm gona do that for the place I just rented. Besides searching for the county website, you might want to check the city's website for property tax info.

I always contact LOTS of properties before I rent. This last time I got a really good rate from someone, but they didn't want a security deposit of any kind and there were no reviews. I passed on that one. I also passed on one where they didn't have any personal information on their ad and their booking form was a notepad document. Very unproffesional to me. They were over $100 cheaper than the place I booked but I just didn't feel good about it. I also stay away from the ones that say "that house is booked for your dates, but I have this other property that is open".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter