• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling all Chicago DISers #3

Nice to see the Chicago thread pop up again here, Sandy, as we all are trying to make spring happen after a long winter. Hello to all.

A belated congratulations goes out to Tracy on your new little family addition. Nice.

And congratulations to you also, Janice, what great news!! Wishes for many happy, healthy years ahead for you both.

John, wow, what a spate of health 'stuff'. Wishing you the best going forward.

Most recent news with me is a new knee, last October. Doing well. The grandkids keep both Marie and me quite busy, and tired, but we would not trade for anything.

Hoping everyone has a pleasant spring and great summer coming up.

Dan

Hey Dan!!! :wave:
So so good to see you!!! I was hoping you were still on The DIS.
I hope you are doing well with your new knee.
I know so many people that found incredible relief with their new knee.
Modern medicine is wonderful!!!
Tell Marie that I said "Hi". I met her once, and I doubt she remembers me, but please tell her I said "HI".

Crissup - Sounds like you have a real positive attitude, and that's great. I have my share of health problems also (auto immune stuff) and when I get down in the dumps, I always feel worse. Continue staying positive John, and that will continue to help :hug:

Tiggggerrnnnnnnnnnnnnnn - I couldn't agree more with your stroke info. ::yes::

Today we are taking the girls downtown for some kind of Blackhawks thing. Katie doesn't know about it yet - we want to surprise her because she's turned into a "super fan" :cool1:

Have a good weekend!!! :wave:

Hi ya Dan! Good luck with the new knee. Everyone I've known who has gotten one usually says "I'll never do it again" during the recovery, but then a couple weeks later change to "best thing I've ever done, should have done it sooner". LOL

image.jpg Katie was able to meet her Hockey hero yesterday - Patrick Kane. He was practicing at Johnny's Ice House. He autographed her jersey too. She loves him!!!:love2::love:

Now you have to frame her jersey. ;)

She would LOVE that, but I'm now retired from picture framing
I still have the tools for it, but I no longer have the desire.
The thought of having to frame a jersey makes me :faint:

Stopping by from the South Suburbs of Chicago to say hello!!

34 days till our next Disney Trip!!!

Holy Crap!! Crissup!! You don't play when you get sick you get sick. PLEASE PLEASE don't play around if you think stroke go to the ER let them tell you different. My StepMom had stroke symptoms including a headache and decided to take a nap to see if she felt better. Thankfully she thought about it again and went to the ER.

Holy Crap!! Crissup!! You don't play when you get sick you get sick. PLEASE PLEASE don't play around if you think stroke go to the ER let them tell you different. My StepMom had stroke symptoms including a headache and decided to take a nap to see if she felt better. Thankfully she thought about it again and went to the ER.

Carol had a stroke back in '98, so she is always nervous about it. But I had so many little miscellaneous symptoms going on, I just assumed it was all related to my surgery somehow. Funny thing is, it didn't seem like a lot to me at the time. I just dealt with it all as it happened. It was when I finally looked back at it while recovering from the MG flare up that it really sank in how much I had dealt with. The running joke among the staff in my Dr's office was that I was putting in more hours than they were. ;)

I have been lurking on the boards for about a year now and just started watching this thread! Glad to see so many Chicago Disers.

Good morning everyone!!! :wave2:

So.....3 months have gone by and I have something to announce.....I'm expecting :eek::woohoo:
Still trying to wrap my mind around it.
This baby is a little mid-life surprise :blush:

:sunny: Good one Slo. :laughing: It's funny how happy everyone was for us? :rolleyes1 :lmao:

I never trust any announcements released on April 1st. ;) If the tornado sirens went off, I'd probably sit in my living room and ignore them. :bored:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter