• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling all Chicago DISers #3

A house full of theater kids (boys and girls) singing songs from musicals until midnight tonight makes me
:goodvibes:lmao::faint::rotfl:

Happy Blessed Easter everyone!!!
I'm not sure if you wish people a Happy Passover, but Happy Passover to those that celebrate.

What is everyone doing for the holiday?

We start off by going to Easter Vigil Mass last night.
The girls already found their Easter baskets and their eggs.
Now we are preparing dinner for my MIL, FIL and my mom.
We have a small group (my brother and his wife used to come over, but they no longer speak to me (I have no idea why - literally) ) but it's ok. I kinda went through different phases with it. At first I was angry, then I was hurt, then I was confused and now I pretty much don't care. I've accepted it and I'm going on with life.

Then tomorrow everything goes back to normal.
School, work, pitching lesson and choir practice.

It's a beautiful day for us today, I hope you are all able to enjoy it!!!
:wave2:

Hi friends!!! :wave2:

Who's watching The Blackhawks game tonight?
Katie's has gotten me so hooked on this that I'm watching it when she's not here.

How's it going?

Things are in full softball mode at our house.
We had a scrimmage last night and Katie finally got to pitch to a batter for the first time in 6 months.
I'm always a little nervous her first time pitching to batters after that long (she pitches just to me 3-4 days a week) because I don't want her to hit anyone, and I don't know why I am, because she always does great.
She had her best inning yet - 7 pitches - done!!!
It was completely awesome!!!

Stephanie's schedule is not nearly as busy as it was, which is good, she needs the rest.

I hope all is well with everyone
Have a good night and enjoy the game :wave:

Hi Rose! WOW your "kids" are grown too..

:eek: a 4th baby..congrats..one in hs and then 3 little ones.. bless you!

Well we are just going along.. DS#1 is in Colorado and DS#2 is entering his Sr year at U of ILL. WOW do they grown up fast!
DH retired ( YES he RETIRED) at the end of the year and is still figuring out back to work, work pt, etc.. I am still pt at the senior center ..but I leave in one week for a BIG trip! Med, WBTA and So Caribbean...:dance3:

i put the quotes in the wrong order.
they don't call me blonde for nothing....

geffric, can't believe your son is finishing up college.
i can remember when both your boys were in high school.
the time has passed quickly!

can't say that Mr Mac retired, but he quit his job last fall.
and he isn't looking for another job so he's home more than i am used to.

good to see you on the thread.

i thought the thread faded off with the sunset but so glad it has come to life again.
i has always enjoyed posting on the chicagoland homies thread.

Hey, Disers! Just had my 4th baby a little over a week ago. Been a busy summer, but things should quiet down somewhat once the older 2 head back to school. I took my oldest to high school registration today! I am also happily looking forward to a November trip with my dad and the two littlest ones who will be 2 1/2 and 3 months. We normally go in summer, so I'm looking forward to cooler temps and lower crowds.
Hope you are all doing well!

i can't believe it!
you had a baby.........but that was the same thing i said to youse when you had the other little 2.5 years back.
congratulations !!!

you are a brave woman to take a toddler and infant to the motherland this fall......

and hey to tiggggggeeern.
delighted to see you here too !!

so many homies have come back home here, and all the thanks go to slo for breathing life back into it.

good saturday afternoon to all the chicagoland homies......

crissup, you have had a rough year!
how are you doing now, does your wife watch you like a hawk at this point?

how are you doing now, does your wife watch you like a hawk at this point?

I'm doing pretty good now. Near the end of last year, I was really starting to accept that I was just going to have to accept a lot of life changes. But over the 1st quarter of this year, I stabilized quite a bit more and I'm feeling pretty good. I have my moments, but in general, I'm good. Carol, of course, will always worry, but it could be worse and I could be married to someone who just didn't care. ;)

Hope you're doing fantastically.

yes, you are so lucky to have a wife that dearly loves and cares for you!

glad to hear you are doing well and will be with us for 50 more years...

Good morning everyone!! :wave2:

What is up with all this cold weather?:cold:

Last weekend we took our softball team to Lafayette to see a Purdue softball game, and it was so nice, sunny and warm that I got a sunburn.
Since I can still feel my sunburn, it makes our cold feel even that much colder :rolleyes:

I really wish this weather would start warming up so I can get started on my yard - I have so much to do.
Kevin built me a second garden for this year, so I can hardly wait to get everything planted.
I'm looking forward to my fresh vegetables again this year :-)

Have a good day today!! :wave:

Good morning everyone!! :wave2:

What is up with all this cold weather?:cold:

Last weekend we took our softball team to Lafayette to see a Purdue softball game, and it was so nice, sunny and warm that I got a sunburn.
Since I can still feel my sunburn, it makes our cold feel even that much colder :rolleyes:

I really wish this weather would start warming up so I can get started on my yard - I have so much to do.
Kevin built me a second garden for this year, so I can hardly wait to get everything planted.
I'm looking forward to my fresh vegetables again this year :-)

Have a good day today!! :wave:

I actually saw a few snowflakes on my way into work this morning! I knew the warm weather wouldn't last. Way too early in the Spring for sustained, mild weather. It's got to get warm and stay warm eventually (at least until next Winter ;) ).

Have a great day and stay warm!

Snow is a 4 letter word I hate to hear!! Or see! I couldn't believe this morning...so depressing. The kids are supposed to have baseball / softball practice tonight. I'm hoping it's cancelled due to the cold. I do not want to sit out there freezing the whole time.

@disneydarling07 - I hear ya!!!
We had softball practice for 2 1/2 hours in that cold and wind last night.
I had a really hard time getting warm last night when I came home.

I told DD that her and I need to go outside tonight for a 1/2 hour and do a light pitching practice to get ready for our 8am game Saturday morning. I'm not needing her to get her actual pitching ready, but I need her practicing throwing in this cold to get ready for that game. It's not bad for her since she moving, but it gets really cold for me as I'm just sitting on the bucket catching her balls. But it's alright I enjoy it so much that I'd catch for her in any temperature she wanted me to.

If you aren't cancelled tonight - bundle up and wrap up in a blanket :-)

So far, we are still on. I usually walk around the park the whole time while the coaches do their thing. But these winds are crazy! Her first game is on Monday, which doesn't look like its going to be whole lot warmer. Oh, and the game is at 8:00 PM!!
I'm trying not to whine too much...we are heading for warmer weather in 10 days! It cannot get here fast enough. I swear, the closer we get to vacation, the worse the weather gets here. I guess I will just appreciate the warmer weather that much more....lol

Reactions: slo
i'm north of you all but in lake county, Il.
at 2:30, we had snow flurries that lasted over an hour.
with it being 40 degrees, nothing stuck but had to use my wipers and lights on the car for doing an errand.

no more snow but tomorrow will be just as windy and cold.
makes me want to move to indiana..........

hear you had a heat wave there today....

Happy Monday everyone!! :wave2:

How was everyone's weekend?

Ours was a disappointment.
We were supposed to have our first travel softball tournament over the weekend and both days were rained out. It was a real bummer!!!
I'd love to say we did something else fun instead, but we spent time Saturday doing batting practice for awhile and then Sunday Katie and I practiced pitching for an hour and then we had a 2 hour team practice after that.
So, no tournament, but still spent the weekend with my softball family.

What did you all do on that cold rainy weekend?????

i stayed in the house.......i'm no fool going out in that weather.
could get a low of 33 tonight.....

Hi everyone!! For some reason I wasn't getting any notices that there were conversations occurring on our thread. :confused3 So hope you all had a great Easter! For those of you that I am not friends with on FB, we spent our Easter Sunday in Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure!!!!!! We had a great time. We were out in CA and NV for Spring Break and spent just that one day at the parks. We had a great time visiting friends and taking in the scenery on our drives from state to state.

Crissup, glad to hear you are doing better now. And it is always wonderful to have someone looking after you. :hug: I'm with you on the April 1st thing. People would have to repeat their news to me on the 2nd if it was real. :rotfl:

Slo, you are as busy with your softball season as we are here with end of year dance shows. Kellie just finished with Peter Pan and is winding down with her studio and getting ready now for their spring show. My son is playing tennis this year on the school's tennis team. He never picked up a racket until this year and the coach has him subbing for varsity. He is only a Freshman.

Welcome to our new friends here that have joined in!!:wave2:

Mac, are you taking your fall trek back to the World this year? Hoping we will get back there next summer with my niece and her family to celebrate my 50th, but nothing this summer. So much construction going on there right now. :faint:

Paint, congrats on the new baby!! Wishing you all the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter