Call or use website

boatsunk

Earning My Ears
Hello new to the forum with a newbie question. We are planning on a 5 day stay while on our way further south. My problem is I cannot get the middle day (2/19/09) of our planned stay. From previous post I understand to check continously as it should open up, but should I call (time consuming) or do I have just as good of chance of getting this date using the website?

Thanks for the help

You have just as good a chance online. I would check both every chance you get, though! Also, if you are planning to book a package (with tickets), make sure you call back (if you book online) to apply the new "deal". Pay for 4 days get 3 free. You don't need all the free days, but you can still get one day free! :thumbsup2

My suggestion would be to use the website as a guide to see what is available and use the call center to make your reservation. Once you make the reservation online, it is a pain in the neck to modify it because it has an R in the front of it and the automation on the call center line doesn't recognize it. I have also had a reservation canceled on me with the online system and didn't know it. The deposit was taken and everything. I know I am the exception to the rule here, but I just use it as a guide now.

Be aware that you will never find a single day available by itself. I could never find two days to add to my ressie until someone suggested this trick. Try 3 or 4 days, try it with your missing day at the beginning, middle and end of your stay. Just make sure you are looking for the same class of site as your original ressie. Once you get the new reservation, you can call CRO and combine the two reservations into one contiguous block (and release the overlapping days for others). The main advantage I know of for calling CRO vs using online to book is that CRO can do room-only (site-only) reservations 499 days in advance... which is much greater than online. HIH!

Be aware that you will never find a single day available by itself. I could never find two days to add to my ressie until someone suggested this trick. Try 3 or 4 days, try it with your missing day at the beginning, middle and end of your stay. Just make sure you are looking for the same class of site as your original ressie. Once you get the new reservation, you can call CRO and combine the two reservations into one contiguous block (and release the overlapping days for others). The main advantage I know of for calling CRO vs using online to book is that CRO can do room-only (site-only) reservations 499 days in advance... which is much greater than online. HIH!

Thanks! That worked the first time I tried it. I will call CRO link the two reservations and cancel the days we don't need.

Thanks again for the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter