California Grill - Picture Report - Relive the experience! ADDED MAY '09 Pics Page 23

We are having our Vow Renewal (35 yrs) dinner in the Sonoma Room at the CG August 27, 2007. There is 16 of us and we have the room from 6:30 PM to 10:30 PM. I can't wait. We go to WDW about 3 times a year as DVC Members, but have not been to the CG. It was one of the few places you could pick for a private room. We knew the reputation of the restaurant and felt the splurge was appropriate to celebrate our big day. The pix look great and make me glad we chose it. party:

Thanks for the pics. This too is one of our favorite places to eat. We always make our arrival day place to eat for dinner and enjoy the fireworks. This just sets the magical tone for our stay.

What a wonderfull thread to subscribe to!! Thank you ehagerty.
You're Welcome

Thanks for the great pictures. :)
You're Welcome

We are having our Vow Renewal (35 yrs) dinner in the Sonoma Room at the CG August 27, 2007. There is 16 of us and we have the room from 6:30 PM to 10:30 PM. I can't wait. We go to WDW about 3 times a year as DVC Members, but have not been to the CG. It was one of the few places you could pick for a private room. We knew the reputation of the restaurant and felt the splurge was appropriate to celebrate our big day. The pix look great and make me glad we chose it.

Lucky You!

Thanks for the pics. This too is one of our favorite places to eat. We always make our arrival day place to eat for dinner and enjoy the fireworks. This just sets the magical tone for our stay.

We make it our last meal of the trip - our farewell meal!

ehagerty, good morning.
If you mind me asking, what do you usually have to drink with your meals at CG? sake with sushi or something else ? Appreciate much if you share your preference.

ehagerty, good morning.
If you mind me asking, what do you usually have to drink with your meals at CG? sake with sushi or something else ? Appreciate much if you share your preference.

I usually share one glass of house white (usually chardonnay) and /or one of house red (usually carbernet) - pretty much at any meal, unless the server recommends something else.

I have not acquired a taste for saki - may be next time!

Chef Jens is a fabulous chef but it's almost impossible to get a recipe out of him :confused3

My 79-year-old mother and I loved the Blueberry Blast - Blueberry Tart with Almond Crumble, Ice cream, etc. and the Honey Crunch Cake at the California Grill. I figured the restaurant was too busy during working hours to provide a recipe so have written them and phoned them about 4 times since coming back home - with no luck at all :sad1:

If any members can get their hands on this recipe I would be extremely grateful because I'd like to make it for Mom's 80th birthday at the end of August.

-----------------------------------
Visiting Disney World every other year since 1976.

Some of us have mentioned that we enjoy timing our reservation so that we can experience a changing view while dining - as opposed to timing the reservation to occur during Wishes.

A sampling of the changing view as the sun goes down....

From the balcony, looking east.....

e8c16e11.jpg

From within the restaurant.....

e8c16d7b.jpg

e8c21e7d.jpg

e8c1d3e0.jpg

e8f00e24.jpg

e8f00a62.jpg

e8eff211.jpg

edc8b1a9.jpg

edc8b19e.jpg

From the balcony (I think), looking west

edc871c0.jpg

And, while we are on the topic of sunsets, here is one - not from CG - but just walking around DTD:

e9de0d27.jpg

I would like to thankyou for all the info .:) We have just returned from the WDW :goodvibes and because of this thread went to the CG .:woohoo: We booked for 9pm (as your advice )but went at 7.30 to watch the sunset .Amazing .:banana: The food was the best . :woohoo: We found wishes an experience from high but preffered them in front of the castle .We would go there anytime just for the food and veiw .

THANKYOU Janet
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Thank you so much for this post. This will help me out so much and the pictures oh my gosh can I just say WOW!!! We will be eating here on Sept. 9th so I can't wait to try some new things. I have never eaten the Sashimi so it will be a test for me. Can't wait to see more pics and TR.

Those pictures are really amazing. I've been on the fence about CG but now, I must go!

Thank you so much for sharing your talent and food experience. :)

You're pictures are absolutely gorgeous! I really must find a way to eat here in December!! Thank you for sharing them and inspiring me to take better pictures! :thumbsup2

This has to be my favorite food thread! I am such a foodie myself, although on a beer budget since the kids !:lmao:
The pictures are so wonderful, I am looking forward to dining there in Dec on our last night! After looking at the pictures, I am thinking a second night!

I am on the food plan, but what is your next favorite place, even if it is two credits? Do you have pictures? You are very talented! Will you marry me? :love:

:hippie:

I am thinking a second night!

If you have the time and the credits, I would plan two nights, as well. I would suggest that you separate the two nights by more than 48 hours - on the off, off chance that you are disappointed - that will leave you sufficient cancellation time.

....what is your next favorite place, even if it is two credits? Do you have pictures?

Hmmm... not sure, but probably this - each restaurant reference is a link to a picture thread:

Signature Dining (two credits):
1. California Grill (food and ambience; best server so far = Gary)
2. Artist's Point (food)
3. Narcoosies (lobster, best server = Aman) or Citricos (variety, ambience)

Table Service (single credit):
1. Le Cellier (food)
2. Wolfgang Puck (food)

If you like picture-food, here is a link to the Grand Floridian Tea.

You are very talented!

Thank you for the complement.

Will you marry me?

Thank you for the chuckle. Does age or gender matter?

What a wonderful thread to subscribe to!! Thank you ehagerty.

Your welcome. Are you from the Buffalo-snowiest-city? Or Syracuse-snowiest-city? Go Sabres!! It should be an interesting season.

Thank you for the chuckle. Does age or gender matter?

LOL NO, just loving to eat at the CA grill is enough! :love:

Your welcome. Are you from the Buffalo-snowiest-city? Or Syracuse-snowiest-city? Go Sabres!! It should be an interesting season.[/QUOTE]

I live close by to the "windy city", which also as a LOT of lake effect snow! :rotfl2: Go Bears!:lmao:

I live close by to the "windy city", which also as a LOT of lake effect snow! Go Bears!

IASWAA - I spent last week in Vernon Hills - Lake Forest. Thunder storms, tornedo warnings.

Go, Bills.

P.S., My sister-in-law, a native Chicago-person, has experienced Buffalo winds in winter. She says it is waaayyyy worse than Chicago. But we digress from thread focus!!

Hi,

I'm composing a Disney screensaver and am dying to add CG pictures. Yours are the best. Any chance you can provide a link to some full-sized files? (i.e. 1024x768)?

Thanks. This is an awesome thread!

Ehagerty, thought you would be the one to ask.... Allears has a new menu up for CG and it is very different than the one I saw last year... any advice on the flatbreads & entrees? we'll be there in one week!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter