California Grill - Picture Report - Relive the experience! ADDED MAY '09 Pics Page 23

Because of this thread I'm trying to swap our Artist Point ADR to Cali Grill. We moved from WL to CR and this dinner will be my 40th birthday dinner (my actual day even :cool1: )

Thanks for the great pictures.

We are planning our first trip to Disney with our 8 and 5 year olds. Would this be a good place to eat with children? We would love to eat here and watch the fireworks at night. Thanks:confused3

I have seen plenty of children here, behaving appropriately, having a good time. It really depends on you and the children. I would think ages 5 and 8 would be no problem unless they are particularly overtired - because you cannot make a last minute adjustment (cancel) for temperament - there is a cancellation policy (I can't remember if it 24 or 48 hours notice - or $10 or $20 per person).

My suggestion is to try it and see how it goes. If it doesn't work out, just don't repeat it. My guess is that you'll be fine - and love it.

My boyfriend and are planning on eating here during our vacation July 9th-14th. I noticed the restaurant closes at 10p.m. and this is when Wishes fireworks begin. Is there a way to still eat our meal and enjoy the fireworks? I was considering a 9pm ADR and then enjoy fireworks after our meal.

Edit: I spoke with the ADR staff and my reservation is at 9:30 p.m.! They offered me 9:50p.m. but I felt bad. I don't wanna hold up the restaurant staff. Yay, I'm thrilled for our 9:30 meal. :banana:

My boyfriend and are planning on eating here during our vacation July 9th-14th. I noticed the restaurant closes at 10p.m. and this is when Wishes fireworks begin. Is there a way to still eat our meal and enjoy the fireworks? I was considering a 9pm ADR and then enjoy fireworks after our meal.

Edit: I spoke with the ADR staff and my reservation is at 9:30 p.m.! They offered me 9:50p.m. but I felt bad. I don't wanna hold up th.e restaurant staff. Yay, I'm thrilled for our 9:30 meal. :banana:

I have been there to watch the fireworks that late, and the restaurant is still going full steam. If they offer a 9:50 reservation, they will staff to service the guests - in other words, you won't be holding them up - they are used to it and plan for it. I used to work in the restaurant business some time ago and usually they plan for last reservation +2 hours for the staff. I wouldn't worry about it!

Place setting

p771610301-3.jpg

Bread & Wine

p542775779-4.jpg

Salmon Asparagus Salad

p551408136-4.jpg

Sushi - I liked all three pictures for different reasons...

Presentation - beautiful & edible

p555757340-4.jpg

p645360052-4.jpg

Half the dish, on the menu

p823493707-4.jpg

Yellowfin Tuna 3 ways - my favorite!!

The close-ups - food as art

p829237311-4.jpg

p738555375-3.jpg

p751913462-3.jpg

e8efba79.jpg

p1066544364-4.jpg

p884461259-4.jpg

p812558224-4.jpg

Your pictures are beautiful! I can't show DBF though because he will get sad... especially the pictures of the Tuna Three Ways... he might break into tears. We have been back for over a month and he is still talking about how good of an app that was. We ate there 2 nights in a row because he had to have it again! I had that strawberry meringue (sp?) dessert you posted a picture of and it was fabulous (well... actually everything we had there was fabulous)! :rotfl:

Thanks for the wonderful pictures! We have an ADR here in December and I am so anxious now to try it after looking at this! Thanks!

That chocolate looks amazing! Was it as good as it looks?

Yes, it is as good as it looks. Worthy of note, though - many of the signature restaurants had some variation on this cake - most of which were quite good.

Your pictures are beautiful! I can't show DBF though because he will get sad... especially the pictures of the Tuna Three Ways... he might break into tears. We have been back for over a month and he is still talking about how good of an app that was. We ate there 2 nights in a row because he had to have it again! I had that strawberry meringue (sp?) dessert you posted a picture of and it was fabulous (well... actually everything we had there was fabulous)! :rotfl:

All of the sushi is great, but the yellowfin tuna is my favorite. Hopefully, you live near a Southwest direct flight - they make long weekend getaways possible. Sounded crazy to me the first time I thought about it, but we've been doing it!! Armed with only the DDP and PI pass, we "made do" between annual passes!!

Thanks for the wonderful pictures! We have an ADR here in December and I am so anxious now to try it after looking at this! Thanks!

Hope it meets (or exceed) your expectations. Let us know!

-------------------------------------

BTW - all servers are good - but I thought Gary even better than that! Never hurts to ask - although I don't know if he has a window station (if that is what you plan to request).

ehagerty: Your pictures are spectacular! We have ADRs at CG in 2 weeks for the first time and I'm extremely psyched for it:woohoo: We are big sushi lovers and your pictures literally made my mouth water. Thanks for posting.:thumbsup2

ehagerty: Your pictures are spectacular! We have ADRs at CG in 2 weeks for the first time and I'm extremely psyched for it:woohoo: We are big sushi lovers and your pictures literally made my mouth water. Thanks for posting.:thumbsup2

My suggestion.....
  • All of the staff is very friendly and accessible.
  • You can request to sit in front of the sushi bar if you are REALLY into sushi
  • Even if you elect NOT to sit there I recommend taking a stroll over to visit Yoshe at her work station. She may be too busy to chat, but you can watch her work and take her picture. If she is not too busy, someone can take a picture of her WITH you. She is a real food artist.

P.S. - You may want to make a second reservation for the "other" week - you may find that you want to go twice!!

OMG! I'm guessing the food tastes as good as it looks, right? We have reservations for a group of 24 this fall, and I can not wait!!!!!!! :dance3:

Thanks for posting these amazing photo's.

We're back! We had an amazing meal at CG. My boyfriend had the filet, and I had the red snapper with coconut curry sauce. We shared the 4 cheese flatbread with pesto sauce and sundried tomatoes. We could have been seated right at 9:30pm but opted to wait 20 minutes for a window seat, it was well worth it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter