Caitlyn Jenner

Yes, everyone is photoshopped but not so much as to look like a new gender/person.
I understand Catilyn wants to look good but people can't be expected to believe this is a true picture.

Eeh, whos it hurting? Its not the type of photoshopping that makes an already skinny model unattainably skinny, giving young girls unrealistic goals. Its not hurting you or anyone else, its making her feel good about herself. I don't see the harm at all.

Yes, everyone is photoshopped but not so much as to look like a new gender/person.
I understand Catilyn wants to look good but people can't be expected to believe this is a true picture.
There's actually a behind the scenes video that shows portions of the photo shoot - she looks just as good. Is the photo photoshopped? Of course it is. Did they digitally reconstruct her face and body? No.

It is interesting that in all of the discussion of gender identity it keeps cycling back to it not being about sexuality, not being about genitals, not being about hobbies and/or interests, yet what is it really? It has to be about more than what department your clothes come from, yet that seems to be one of the only things pointed to when you try and define it or what a transitioning person wants out of it.

I left DNA out of my comments because I'm not aware that DNA identification can specify gender.
It's a social construct.

I'm curious about how this applies legally. If he now considers himself a she and is out and about in public, will she be using the women's restroom? What about if she were to be arrested and jailed? Male or female population? I'm asking about before any surgery to alter the current anatomy.

I'm curious about how this applies legally. If he now considers himself a she and is out and about in public, will she be using the women's restroom? What about if she were to be arrested and jailed? Male or female population? I'm asking about before any surgery to alter the current anatomy.

It varies by jurisdiction, and these legal issues are still being worked out in many circumstances, but my understanding is that transgender people are typically treated as the gender they identify with. So Caitlyn would use the women's restroom and she'd be in women's prison. She's a woman*.

*not sure if she's gone through the legal process, but transgender people can, in some jurisdictions, petition to change their legal gender. My comments sort of assume she has (or will quickly) do that.

Most states (California being one of them) allow transgendered people to change their gender on their birth certificate and all other legal paperwork without requiring a full transition surgery. It requires paperwork from a doctor that indicates that they are in the process of transitioning or have received medical/psychological transitioning services. I would assume she has either already done this, or is in the process of doing this. Once this is done she would be treated like any other female in terms of restrooms, jails, etc, regardless of anatomy.

I found this interesting and I'm not actually sure what I think about it (ignoring any issues with the fact that the club segregates men and women in the first place).

Jenner belongs to a golf Club (Sherwood) that has a separate dining room/bar for men (the story says that there is also one for women - I assume that there is a third, joint/family, place, but I don't know). Since Jenner now identifies as female, she will not be allowed into the men's dining room/bar. I expect that they'll get backlash, but it seems sensible to me, I think (again, ignoring the fact that having separate dining rooms/bars is weird to me).

http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/02/caitlyn-jenner-golf-course-sherwood/

The club shouldn't get backlash. I read Bruce was a member for 15 years so he must have been ok with the policies.
Now that Bruce has become Caitlyn, it's only fair to follow the rules or find a different club.

It is weird to me that Bruce said he felt he was a woman for many years yet he had no problem being a member of a sexist golf club.

There was a transgender woman at my gym years ago. She used to use the womens locker room and no one seemed to care, other than some stupid college boys who were talking very loudly about how *HE* shouldn't be allowed in there... I loudly asked them "If none of the women in the locker room have an issue with it, then why do you??" Never heard anything from then again after that.

There is a kid at my sons' high school who was transgender last year (changed his name and dressed like a girl). This year she's back to being a boy. Or is it "he is back to being a boy?"

The club shouldn't get backlash. I read Bruce was a member for 15 years so he must have been ok with the policies.
Now that Bruce has become Caitlyn, it's only fair to follow the rules or find a different club.

It is weird to me that Bruce said he felt he was a woman for many years yet he had no problem being a member of a sexist golf club.

Was just involved in a conversation about this with some co workers. I agree that it is very weird that he chose to belong to this golf club considering his circumstances. Honestly it bothers me and says a lot about the person.

Its a private club, members choose to be there so I don't see what is weird about him wanting to belong. They have women member's who want to be there too, just because you view something as sexist doesn't mean all woman do or even care if it is. Maybe Caitlyn will see it as sexism, or maybe not.

Eeh, whos it hurting? Its not the type of photoshopping that makes an already skinny model unattainably skinny, giving young girls unrealistic goals. Its not hurting you or anyone else, its making her feel good about herself. I don't see the harm at all.

No harm. I have no judgement about the new Caitlyn but I am not will to say I think Caitlyn looks great either.

No harm. I have no judgement about the new Caitlyn but I am not will to say I think Caitlyn looks great either.

I don't think it should ultimately be about whether or not someone looks great. That leads down a dangerous road for anyone as a human being, transgender or not.

I do think that's an issue Caitlyn should take pains to address gingerly. If she really wants to help those struggling with the issue of transgender and transitioning she might want to consider that she should be sure to address those who cannot afford to pursue the transition with all the resources at her disposal and let them know they're still fabulous, not that they must strive to walk in Kardashian footsteps.

If that does not make you want to question so-called "Caitlyn" well do not know what is or nothing?!

I don't think it should ultimately be about whether or not someone looks great. That leads down a dangerous road for anyone as a human being, transgender or not.

I do think that's an issue Caitlyn should take pains to address gingerly. If she really wants to help those struggling with the issue of transgender and transitioning she might want to consider that she should be sure to address those who cannot afford to pursue the transition with all the resources at her disposal and let them know they're still fabulous, not that they must strive to walk in Kardashian footsteps.

She has actually referenced how fortunate she is to have the resources she does, and that she knows not everyone is so lucky.

Well humans are not one dimensional. You can agree with some aspects of what they stand for but not others. I have tons of friends that have different thinking on politics, religion, child raising, etc.

Let's stop picking this woman apart. She's not going for sainthood.

There's actually a behind the scenes video that shows portions of the photo shoot - she looks just as good. Is the photo photoshopped? Of course it is. Did they digitally reconstruct her face and body? No.
No, of course they didn't digitally reconstruct her face. She had a PLASTIC SURGEON who did all the work!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter