Cafeen takes it slow in Sept (and not by choice) – 23 Sept 2010 – 01 Oct 2010

I hated to hear that you didn't care for Space Mountain. John said it kills his back and he hates to ride it too. Did you know that when they did the refurb last year, they actually smoothed out the ride? What you were riding was the smoother version.

I'm glad that the rain didn't stop you guys from enjoying yourself.

Oh the food you had a Artist Point looks really good. I love kimchi. When I was a little girl, we had a Korean lady who lived next door and she made it all the time.

Ouch - Space Mountain can be painful. I hate the back row, too. I LOVE the front row - fun, fun, fun! It's amazing a seat can be the difference between pleasure and pain! It's hard to enjoy the ride when you are dreading every bump. Ah - to be young. It wouldn't hurt at all then.

I love AP. My DH and I had April as our server last year. She was really good. After eating there I was determined to stay at WL. I used my points there last May and it was a lovely place. But even if you can't stay there, did you know they do a daily tour of the place at 9am? (Well, its almost daily - you have to check the schedule). The ranger (Ranger Joe) is amazing and if you show up by yourself he can personalize the tour a bit. He asked me if there was anything I really wanted to see and I asked to see the roof. DONE! It's very hot up there in the warm weather, but the view is worth 10 or 15 mins of stifling heat. I highly recommend it if you ever get a chance. It's like a free behind the scenes tour and you can learn so much about the place. Place a bunch of Walt's toy trains are over in the villa on display.

Looks like you had a nice MK day, it's good the rain held out for most of the day. I have never been to Artist Point but I have been to WL (went to Whispering Canyon) and it is definitely a beautiful resort. My DH HATED Space Mountain, I can't get him to go on it anymore. It was actually the first ride he ever went on in WDW, I guess that was stupid on my part but luckily for me it didn't turn him off all rides. I like SM but it's not a "Must Do". I haven't been since the refurb.

Great update, Allan. We've thought of going to Artist Point, but have never made it (the whole WL turned me off with some very rude CM's and our miserable dinner at WCC). We do love Liberty Tree Tavern's lunch and are thinking of putting it back on the list for this trip. Mark would love that toffee cake dessert.

Overall sounds like a good MK day to me. I love the people mover and I get the award of King Whimp when it comes to rides. My first and last ride ever on space mt was many years ago but I think I said an entire rosary while we hurtled thru the darkness, my eyes closed of course and I could not get the door open when it ended, the CM coming to help upon seeing my shakeing legs was "are you alright maam?" :rotfl:

Forida and rain go together like Minnie and Mickey Mouse, it is something I have come to expect and am very pleasantly surprised when like on our last trip March of 2009 no showers during our park days at all :)

Your meal at Artist Point looked good, and you should really try to stay at WL sometime, it is beautiful, we stayed there twice and it is DH favorite resort. the promo out there now with 40% off the villas makes a studio quite affordable, just a thought :goodvibes

Enjoying your trip report very much :thumbsup2
I think I'm over my ride fears fully... now to get over the fears of being sore after Space :p. I think I'll try it again this year in the front car and see what happens. Just remind me to bring the Advil!

Yep, those afternoon downpours. It's a fact that one of my favorite things about visiting my grandparents growing up were the afternoon thunderstorms every day. Always got a kick out of that. We get them here in Mobile too quite often, so this year I had grown quite accustomed to them.

I think if I could convince someone to go with me, I'd certainly do the WL. It's just too much for one person to do :(. The resort alone, even with the 40% discount, would have added about $1100 to the next trip. I suppose if I cut my trips short I could do it... but 10 days or 6 days... hmm.

I hated to hear that you didn't care for Space Mountain. John said it kills his back and he hates to ride it too. Did you know that when they did the refurb last year, they actually smoothed out the ride? What you were riding was the smoother version.

I'm glad that the rain didn't stop you guys from enjoying yourself.

Oh the food you had a Artist Point looks really good. I love kimchi. When I was a little girl, we had a Korean lady who lived next door and she made it all the time.
Yep, that was the smooth track, would have hated to see it before. In reality, the track needs a whole redesign (something that's very unlikely to happen). Would be a lot more fun with swooping shallow hills than what's there now. Would feel more like "space" anyway... I'll try it again this year and aim for a front car.

As I mentioned above, we're both pretty used to the rain. We actually get the most rainfall of all the major cities in the US (excluding HI and AK) here in Mobile, so pretty used to it now.

Funny thing about Kimchi (which I could never remember how to spell ><). My buddy at work's wife is Laosian and she makes it quite often. He's constantly telling us how awful it smells and all that. This version wasn't too bad. Not a favorite, but not bad. The rest of Artist Point was great too. Not going back this year, but that's more due to wanting some new places than anything.

Ouch - Space Mountain can be painful. I hate the back row, too. I LOVE the front row - fun, fun, fun! It's amazing a seat can be the difference between pleasure and pain! It's hard to enjoy the ride when you are dreading every bump. Ah - to be young. It wouldn't hurt at all then.

I love AP. My DH and I had April as our server last year. She was really good. After eating there I was determined to stay at WL. I used my points there last May and it was a lovely place. But even if you can't stay there, did you know they do a daily tour of the place at 9am? (Well, its almost daily - you have to check the schedule). The ranger (Ranger Joe) is amazing and if you show up by yourself he can personalize the tour a bit. He asked me if there was anything I really wanted to see and I asked to see the roof. DONE! It's very hot up there in the warm weather, but the view is worth 10 or 15 mins of stifling heat. I highly recommend it if you ever get a chance. It's like a free behind the scenes tour and you can learn so much about the place. Place a bunch of Walt's toy trains are over in the villa on display.
Oh yeah, for sure. I wish I had ridden when I went as a kid. It's a great ride, just really showing design flaws now-a-days. Not a whole lot they can do without ripping out the track and doing it over though, which they aren't going to do anytime soon, if ever.

Thanks for the info about the WL tour. Definitely something I might look into. About how long did it take? I'm already dreaming of the pictures I could get from the roof :).

Looks like you had a nice MK day, it's good the rain held out for most of the day. I have never been to Artist Point but I have been to WL (went to Whispering Canyon) and it is definitely a beautiful resort. My DH HATED Space Mountain, I can't get him to go on it anymore. It was actually the first ride he ever went on in WDW, I guess that was stupid on my part but luckily for me it didn't turn him off all rides. I like SM but it's not a "Must Do". I haven't been since the refurb.
So far, I've been real lucky with my late Sept trips. 2009 we had rain at night once, and it was after we were already in bed for the night. 2010 it only rained twice, both times I was at parks, but it worked out just fine :) (and the 2nd time allowed me to get some really nice sunset pics, so I'm kinda hoping it does the same this year :p).

I'm actually quite proud of myself for the rides this past year. I did every "big" ride except Spash and Kali... and those were more because I didn't want to get wet. Next hurdle will be the big ones at IOA or something, but that's not in the plans for awhile.

Great update, Allan. We've thought of going to Artist Point, but have never made it (the whole WL turned me off with some very rude CM's and our miserable dinner at WCC). We do love Liberty Tree Tavern's lunch and are thinking of putting it back on the list for this trip. Mark would love that toffee cake dessert.
Artist Point was very good and certainly worth the trip over. Our server was pretty good (albeit a little slow), but we didn't encounter any rudeness at all. Of course, we pretty much just kept to ourselves until dinner. I remember hearing the horror stories about WCC, it's one of the things that's kept me away from there (plus the menu doesn't sound good to me, plus I don't like the interaction type stuff, same reason why I wouldn't do 50's Prime Time.)

LTT was great though. Dinner isn't something I'd do (again the picky eater in me strikes), but lunch was quite good. The cake was one of the best desserts I ate my whole trip.
---
Since all 4 of my vocal readers have posted at this point (I'm going to go ahead and assume I have throngs of non-vocal readers, mostly to satisfy my ego and self-esteem :p), I suppose it's time for another update :p. I've been slacking a bit as I've been busy with other stuff. Mostly guiding people on proper DDP usage over in the restaurant forums, and sleeping. In fact, I just woke up about 45mins ago after falling asleep around 7pm. I also think I'm coming down with my flu/whatever that I get pretty regularly at this time of year (the same thing that made me lose my voice last year).

I've also verified with Mom about the dining plans for this year, and Boma and Tusker House were her only "Must Dos", so the plan works. We'll just have to see how the MNSSHPs work out and the official dates on them. Shouldn't be too hard to swap around once they come out if it changes back to Tue/Thu/Sat that it was last year (which I'm doubting).

Day 3 pt 1 - Breakfast with Mickey and the Gang, and AK Morning.

So, day three arrived and I was up by 6am (don't let the boss see my wake up times here, he may expect me to be on time for work!) and we were out the door by 7:40. We (well, I) decided it was best to drive to AK, since we had an early breakfast at Tusker House and dinner at Boma afterward.

We arrived sometime around 8am (CSR is really close to AK by the way) and were through the turnstiles and heading over to Africa.

I stopped on the bridge to shoot a few pictures of Everest. I really like how all 3 turned out and these are all with no post-processing (with the exception of image resizing, which doesn't count.) I even managed to not screw up the horizon line so it doesn't look all tilted! (One of my biggest challenges in photography).

We got to breakfast and checked in. A few minutes later we were called in. We had our picture taken in front of.. um... something. I have the picture at work, but I didn't have the guy take one with my camera so I don't have it digitally. And soon enough we were sat.

Breakfast here was quite good. A bit of a different selection than the "Standard" and the characters were great! I originally felt a little apprehensive about a character meal (although, I had planned it and thought that it'd be fun) without little ones, but it turns out it was a great idea.

As mentioned, I really enjoyed the character interaction here. The CMs were great with both Mom and I and it was also quite fun to watch the excitement on the little ones' faces around us.

After breakfast, we headed over to the local Wildlife Reserve for a special Safari. It was nice and early and a lot of animals were out. But I always get placed on the wrong side of the truck. I did get a few decent pictures.

Our driver was alright. Certainly not as entertaining as the Jungle Cruise ones we've had (I thought we did Jungle Cruise on Friday, but it's not in my notes and I have 0 pictures of it, so I guess we didn't. I'm pretty sure we did though... /shrug), but he was ok. I really can't wait to use the new camera here, especially if I can pick up a longer range lens for those further back animals (I may have to ride it a couple times, since there's no way in... heck... that I'd change lenses during the ride).

What would be next? I'll give you a hint...

Just a quick update... since I'm still awake at 4am.

I noticed a couple things tonight, but I may be behind on one of them :p.

First off, looks like the initial Sept hours are up and at least MK is matching the Travel Agent's calendar we saw earlier. Reading the post on EasyWDW about hours and such (original post) it's pretty safe to say that they're not going to change radically (they'll likely change some though). Which suggests even more that MNSSHPs will be Tues/Fri this year (which actually is cutting down the # of Sept ones, so the individual ones may be more crowded...)

Secondly, they pulled the dining portion of the Disney site down at about 2:30 this morning for system updates. Would I be so wrong to think that the updated Le Cellier menu may be getting posted soon? I guess I'll have to check in the morning (It's still down and the menu hasn't changed yet).

I guess it's about time for bed. Have to get up in 3hrs... was kinda hoping I'd feel worse today so I didn't have to go in :( (Yes, I'd rather be sick at home than have to go to work, I am just that lazy :p)

I've really enjoyed reading your trip report, and I even went back and read your last one as well! I'll be going this September also, and you're really helping to get me in the Disney groove (not that it takes much)! Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us.

Great pictures of you and your mom. I have always wanted to try TH breakfast. I've heard its great. Sure looks it.

I also like your early morning AK pics. You got a lot of nice shots. Oh - and the baby gorilla is just the cutest!

Great update!

Thanks for the info about the WL tour. Definitely something I might look into. About how long did it take? I'm already dreaming of the pictures I could get from the roof :).

Here's the pool from the top:

IMG_4235.jpg

GF

IMG_4241.jpg

Splash

IMG_4228.jpg

Castle

IMG_4226.jpg

Front of park

IMG_4253.jpg

Contemporary and Space

IMG_4247.jpg

EE

IMG_4216.jpg

I could even see Epcot in the distance:

IMG_4214.jpg

Yes, I took this all from the roof. Incredible 360 degree views. My zoom lens is a 250.

Oh and here's Ranger Joe:

IMG_4234.jpg

My Hero :worship::worship::worship:

I think it probably took about 1 hr 15 to 30 mins. I asked to go to the roof, so it took longer than the normal tour and since it wasn't a big group he consented.

I enjoyed all of the pictures of you and your Mom with the characters at Tusker House.

I always seem to be on the wrong side of the truck when we go on the safari too. Even still, you were able to get some good pictures.

Great Update! I would like to do a character meal but DH is not too enthusiastic about it so my plan is to make an ADR for Breakfast at Bomas on Ak Day but Tuskers does look like fun :)
You and Your Mom have some nice pics there at Tuskers and I love the shot you got of the baby gorilla :goodvibes

BTW we changed our reservation yesterday to the end of October, all my talk about the heat and humidity finally go to DH, we were able to book using a pin DH had rec'd but it is only for 20% better than nothing and who knows something might come along to save us a few more dollars if not we are fine with paying a little more for what we hope will be cooler temperatures.

Can not wait to see what is next......hmmm you said dinner at Bomas, can't wait :)

Great pictures of you and your mom. I have always wanted to try TH breakfast. I've heard its great. Sure looks it.

I also like your early morning AK pics. You got a lot of nice shots. Oh - and the baby gorilla is just the cutest!

Great update!
The TH breakfast is very good. It's a bit more laid back than other character meals and the food is excellent. I enjoyed myself there and my mom loved it, it was one of the two places that she wanted to make sure we went back to this year.

I was pretty happy with a lot of the shots too. The Everest ones especially albeit, more as a conceptual thing. You can see me stretching the limits of my little Powershot A1000IS there with the noise and the poor coloration (or uneven coloration I should say). These are shots that I really want to redo with the new camera :).

The baby gorilla, Lilly, is adorable. My pictures didn't come out as well as I had hoped, and unfortunately, I can't quite recreate those :(. Although, she's still adorable, but she's actually not doing so well according to this article from The Orlando Sentinal. :(. It doesn't sound like anything life threatening, which is good, but it's still a strange mystery.

[pictures snipped]
Yes, I took this all from the roof. Incredible 360 degree views. My zoom lens is a 250.

I think it probably took about 1 hr 15 to 30 mins. I asked to go to the roof, so it took longer than the normal tour and since it wasn't a big group he consented.
Yup, you sealed the deal. I'm going to have to take one morning and see about doing this. Huge thanks for this inside tip :). Hmm, maybe I can convince them to let me up there at night.. .during Wishes... and Illuminations...

I enjoyed all of the pictures of you and your Mom with the characters at Tusker House.

I always seem to be on the wrong side of the truck when we go on the safari too. Even still, you were able to get some good pictures.
I didn't do much with the characters in 2009, this breakfast broke me out of the shell a little bit (as you'll see later in the trip). Now, I didn't go and wait in lines for them or anything, but let's just say these weren't the only 4 that I posed with. Mom had a great time there too and the CMs were magnificent. I think half the fun (at least for me) was just watching the little kids interact.

I strongly suggest that even adults only groups take in at least 1 character meal :).

I got some more Safari shots on our second run and I had a good view of both sides. Let's just say that the accessible trucks rule when you're in one of the first two rows! (There was no one in line waiting for said truck, so we got put on it in the front row :)) Clear shots to both sides are great.

Great Update! I would like to do a character meal but DH is not too enthusiastic about it so my plan is to make an ADR for Breakfast at Bomas on Ak Day but Tuskers does look like fun :)
You and Your Mom have some nice pics there at Tuskers and I love the shot you got of the baby gorilla :goodvibes

BTW we changed our reservation yesterday to the end of October, all my talk about the heat and humidity finally go to DH, we were able to book using a pin DH had rec'd but it is only for 20% better than nothing and who knows something might come along to save us a few more dollars if not we are fine with paying a little more for what we hope will be cooler temperatures.

Can not wait to see what is next......hmmm you said dinner at Bomas, can't wait :)
I pretty much just booked it on a whim. I thought it might be fun. I was tempted to book a CRT as well, but figured that'd be a bit much. You should just book it and not tell him it's a character meal :p. If he questions you, just say you didn't realize or blame me for telling you to do it or something!

Sounds good about the changes, the heat and humidity of late September, while not as bad as high summer, isn't for everyone. Considering I now live in very similar circumstances over here in Mobile now, I think I've grown a bit accustomed to it. And I like wearing shorts and T-Shirts 10 months of the year (my office is pretty casual) :p. Good luck on a new pin or other discount too!

Perhaps Boma will come, but it's still early yet! We haven't explored any trails or dodged a yeti or visited the end of the cretaceous period yet. (Or experienced Act II of a minor theme of the tip).

Day 3 pt 2 - Animal Kingdom Morning, Some Trails, Some other stuff

We last left off after the Safari. When we got off of it, we picked up FPs to ride again later in the day. It's always nice to ride this more than once as it's never the same thing twice (except the story... but that's for another day).

Well, you all know where the Safari exits right? That's right, just outside the Pagani Forest Trail. So, what would two normal people do? No, not take a nap... We headed off onto the trail!

We walked through the deep forest of Africa (conveniently relocated to central Florida) and saw many interesting things along the way including...

Some big ugly frog thing...

Some type of skink (which is a type of lizard apparently... or at least in the same general family)

A Pancake Tortoise (hey, didn't we just eat pancakes?)...

An African Pygmy Mouse...

Yes, he's blurry for real, no, I didn't flub up the focus at all!

A bird...

Some fish (I like fishes cuz they're so delicous! Well, I actually don't like fishes...)

You may remember, from 2009's trip report that I found "Aquarium Mode" on my camera. Yep, it still works :).

Some Meerkats

A Black Stork (or two, or maybe just one. I can't tell now) way far away, too far for my camera to focus properly.

Some more Meerkats (or maybe the same ones as before... we'll never know)

Some sort of antelopian creature
Maybe next time, I should take pictures of the signs in the enclosures, so when I report, I can call them by their real names!

And then, eventually, we made it to the Gorillas. Now, I had known about Lilly before I came down. I had been keeping up with the news. (Granted, I didn't know her name was Lilly, or that she was 7 months old at the time I visited. I have learned that since). Mama's name is Kashata by the way. Guess she wanted Lilly to be more accepted by American society and named her a more English sounding name. You'd think that since they're gorillas, they wouldn't care about that sort of thing, but they are very human-like!

Ahem, here are the pictures.

Eventually, we got a move on. But, I still managed to snap a couple more shots, giving the bachelor group their due.

We finished up the trail without me taking more pictures (and there was much rejoicing... yay) (though I think the Gorillas are near the end of it anyway...) and we headed over to somewhere that we skipped in 2009...
(No, they are not B-Horror Movie face eating mutant space aliens from planet Xeon)

It is such fun photographing animals, I would have been drawn to the gorillas and taken many shots of them just as you did. We visited the Bronx Zoo once and the Gorilla exhibit was my favorite place.

Don't tell my DH but I am secretly thinking about making an ADR for Cape May for breakfast since we are staying at the Beach Club and Crystal Palace so we can enter MK early. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

We have visited WDW twice in August but that was many years ago when we tolerated the heat of day better, we get quite hot and humid here in Connecticut but I tend to stay inside with the A/C as much as possible

It is such fun photographing animals, I would have been drawn to the gorillas and taken many shots of them just as you did. We visited the Bronx Zoo once and the Gorilla exhibit was my favorite place.

Don't tell my DH but I am secretly thinking about making an ADR for Cape May for breakfast since we are staying at the Beach Club and Crystal Palace so we can enter MK early. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

We have visited WDW twice in August but that was many years ago when we tolerated the heat of day better, we get quite hot and humid here in Connecticut but I tend to stay inside with the A/C as much as possible
It really is fun with animals, nothing like something that you can't control in the slightest to really test your abilities... or your camera in my case :(. I do think that the Gorilla exhibit at AK is a bit small, they are a huge draw and there's only a few windows to view them from. I suppose there's a valid reason for that, doesn't mean I have to like it though :).

Cape May breakfast sounds like a good time :)

I'm originally from NH, so I know how hot and humid it gets up there in the summer. I agree that it can be just as bad as FL (or Mobile, AL). Down here, it's about the duration, where it stays that way from mid-early May through late-Sept to mid-Oct. It's kinda like the reverse of the cold ;) (We get down into the 20s here, but normally doesn't last long at all, a week or two tops at those temps, then it's back into the 40s and 50s during the winter).

---
I did decide to play in Lightroom a bit today, so I got some new shots with the new camera. I did a little bit of post-processing, but nothing too shocking, mostly just popped the colors a little bit more (and cropped one of them down a bit).

IMG_0095_small.jpg

IMG_0098_small.jpg

IMG_0125_small.jpg

IMG_0129_small.jpg

The baby gorilla, Lilly, is adorable. My pictures didn't come out as well as I had hoped, and unfortunately, I can't quite recreate those :(. Although, she's still adorable, but she's actually not doing so well according to this article from The Orlando Sentinal. :(. It doesn't sound like anything life threatening, which is good, but it's still a strange mystery.

This is so interesting. I was actually wondering why she seemed so small. I saw here in May, several weeks after she was out in public. I noticed she hasn't grown that much. Sad. Here she is, early May 2010. I have no idea how I got so lucky to get this shot, but its one of my favs from that trip.

IMG_3796.jpg

You're shots with your new camera are really great. amazing what a new camera and post processing can do. They really "pop" visually. Cool.

I love all your other pics of the baby gorilla. You can really see how she is "listing". Maybe she has a gorilla form of cerebral palsy from some type of birth trauma. I wonder how much money they spent to have her evaluated and treated? She really is a precious creature.

This is so interesting. I was actually wondering why she seemed so small. I saw here in May, several weeks after she was out in public. I noticed she hasn't grown that much. Sad. Here she is, early May 2010. I have no idea how I got so lucky to get this shot, but its one of my favs from that trip.

IMG_3796.jpg

You're shots with your new camera are really great. amazing what a new camera and post processing can do. They really "pop" visually. Cool.

I love all your other pics of the baby gorilla. You can really see how she is "listing". Maybe she has a gorilla form of cerebral palsy from some type of birth trauma. I wonder how much money they spent to have her evaluated and treated? She really is a precious creature.
That is a great shot. I'm planning on spending quite awhile on the trails with the new camera, so hopefully I can get something close :).

In reading the article, it looks like they ruled out a bunch of stuff, including CP, Downs Syndrome, and Dwarfism (which, I should have, but didn't realize that they'd be susceptible to as well, which is interesting in and of itself.) We'll have to see what the future holds, but from the sounds of it, they aren't all doom and gloom. I'm sure it's been costly too, they've brought in top experts from all around and none of them can figure it out yet. She certainly is stealing the spotlight though, so at least it's bringing attention to whatever it is :).

Thanks for the kind comments. Those 4 are pretty much the only ones I'd share so far :p. A bit of that is source material though, no kids, no pets, and no car to get more interesting places means that 99% of my shots so far have been taken outside the office building :p. I am collecting toys though for the camera... just picked up a backpack (Lowepro Fastback 220), a tabletop tripod (Slik Mini-pro V), the Canon wired remote switch, and a little hotshoe level thing (you'll see why in some my later shots... let's just say horizons aren't my thing). I was going to walk down to campus today (our office building is on the campus of the University of South Alabama, which is about 1.5-2mi from my apartment), but it was all rainy. Maybe tomorrow, since it's supposed to be much nicer.

Day 3 pt 3 - Rafiki's Planet Watch

Continuing on our journey, after we walked through the Pagani Forest, we decided to take a train ride. Since there's only one train in Animal Kingdom, our options were rather limited, so we hopped the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch (for those keeping score, this is another place we skipped in 2009. Of course, our AK day was way too sweltering hot to really do much of anything).

I love seeing backstage areas. For me, the magic is in HOW they do it, not just what they do.

We saw the world's smallest monkey. This little guy arrived only weeks before we got there (or the week before or something). At least that's what the CM said... I think.. If you saw it on an earlier trip, then just ignore that part about him arriving just recently and pretend it didn't happen.

Turtle Bench!

Some hidden Mickeys in the mural

We got inside Conservation Station (well, we already did before this point, since the mural is in there. But I mean into the main part... yeah, that's the ticket). And they were performing a check up on a sea turtle. This sea turtle was a victim of the Gulf Oil Spill last year (which is STILL on the news every morning...)

We walked around and viewed the other exhibits including...

Turtles

These scary looking things
I have NO idea what they are... but out of curiosity, I'm going to try to Google them now. Ok, back... and Google was of no help :(. So, until proven otherwise, I hereby dub them Creepy Face Munchers.

A big huge Grasshopper

And other creepy crawlies

I also took the standard Hidden Mickey in the ostrich's eye shot.

After going through the exhibits, we took a turn in the Sounds of the Rainforest booth. This was pretty nice and relaxing, almost too relaxing. Soon enough, we headed out of there in search of other stuff to do.

We hit up the Flights of Wonder show, and I strained my camera and failed at taking a single acceptable picture.

Up next, we headed on over to Asia (well, I think FoW is technically in Asia, so again, we headed there first...)

Now, I had been reading some Imagineering Guides to the park, they worked great on the plane ride and all that, but I finished them too early. One of the nifty little things I picked up though was this...

Notice how the peaks of the temple follow the peaks of Everest in the background? Yup, that was intentional. It's a pretty neat little find.

Up next, a Yeti awaits...

I've been "slacking" this week (at least on here). Much like many others, things are a bit busy around these parts lately, mostly just work though. We're moving into a new building this weekend, and things have been chaotic around the office. I spent all day Wednesday and Thursday lifting servers (and since our servers are old... they weigh around 150-200lbs each), furniture, breaking down server racks, stripping hard drives out of all our old machines (~40-50 of them), and all sorts of assorted tasks. Today I have to go in at noon (I'm supposed to be doing other work from home right now...) to set up server racks, and servers, and all that fun stuff again.

I thought I got a job in this industry to avoid having to do manual labor!

I also picked up Dragon Age 2 (PC game) which has been sucking up my time. Looked at the clock last night and it was 11pm, thought "I'll go to bed in another hour"... next time I looked it was 2:30am...

I'll try to get another update posted up tonight or tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter