Cabins on the back of the ship

We are booked in Room 10658 on the Fantasy in June and we can't wait. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

You do get the see saw effect on these aft cabins. We had a corner one with a huge balcony. The room was really big. Almost to big. Definitely needed more furniture. We really didn't use the balcony that much. Still only has 2 chairs.

We took our 1st Disney cruise last May on the Dream. Our room (6190) was completely aft & we loved it! The balcony is huge and it was very quiet back there. The view when in port, especially Castaway Cay, was gorgeous. But, it was also breathtaking when we were sailing. You could see the most beautiful blue water trailing behind the boat. And you can get great sunrise/sunset pictures. We just booked a cruise for next year on the Fantasy & we will be staying completely aft again (7690 this time).

Glad to see this report! We are booked on 6190 & 6192 on the Fantasy in 2 weeks! We didn't realize we were even on the back of the ship until today and we've had this booked for a long while, sad huh?
Did you notice a lot of extra movement being on the back? Can't wait for the CC day! I'll be sure to wake up extra early! Thanks!

We absolutely LOVED :lovestruc our aft cabin 9674 on the Dream!! We had a chance to re-book it on board when we booked our next cruise but chose to try another aft cabin 9172 just for variety...well, I tried about 3 weeks later to change the room back to 9674 and was out of luck! :sad2: I've tried several times since then to change our room to 9674, but to no avail. In fact, the only "aft" cabins available seem to be aft/port or aft/starboard...I'd say they are pretty popular!! ;)

We are in this cabin on the Fantasy in August 2012. Got any pictures from the balcony of scenery or of the room and balcony itself? :)

Glad to hear that you loved it. We are looking forward to it!

Glad to see this report! We are booked on 6190 & 6192 on the Fantasy in 2 weeks! We didn't realize we were even on the back of the ship until today and we've had this booked for a long while, sad huh?
Did you notice a lot of extra movement being on the back? Can't wait for the CC day! I'll be sure to wake up extra early! Thanks!

How exciting that your cruise is in 2 weeks! :cool1:

First, I must tell you that I am by no means a cruise aficionado. Being on the aft of this ship, we could definitely hear the engines, motors....whatever you call them on a cruise ship.....more. I know, I'm so knowledgeable in my cruise ship terminology. :rotfl2: But, the sound was only loud when docking into port or when we were leaving. The only night that the motion bothered me was on the 1st night while leaving Port Canaveral. It wasn't terrible but it was more movement than I would like. I took a Bomine & was absolutely fine to go about my business. :thumbsup2

How exciting that your cruise is in 2 weeks! :cool1:

First, I must tell you that I am by no means a cruise aficionado. Being on the aft of this ship, we could definitely hear the engines, motors....whatever you call them on a cruise ship.....more. I know, I'm so knowledgeable in my cruise ship terminology. :rotfl2: But, the sound was only loud when docking into port or when we were leaving. The only night that the motion bothered me was on the 1st night while leaving Port Canaveral. It wasn't terrible but it was more movement than I would like. I took a Bomine & was absolutely fine to go about my business. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info. We're very excited because we have the connecting rooms and now on the Fantasy you can open the divider on the balcony's so we're going to have an even bigger balcony!
I'll be sure to take pics. (We leave May 5). :cool1:

We booked 7194 on the Dream for August 2013 (too far away still!). Would love to see pics!

I am booked in a 5e on the Fantasy in December. But when I booked and I went to choose the room, it said I could only get a GTY. I thought this meant I would get a 5e but they just won't say which room, but today I had to call and change something and I asked and was told by DCL that I will get a category 5e or above... I really don't care about the above, I want the 5e!!! Has anyone else ever been in this situation? I am confused because I didn't get a special deal on the 5e or anything, like in a normal GTY situation. It just seems like they may have oversold this category?

We absolutely LOVED :lovestruc our aft cabin 9674 on the Dream!! We had a chance to re-book it on board when we booked our next cruise but chose to try another aft cabin 9172 just for variety...well, I tried about 3 weeks later to change the room back to 9674 and was out of luck! :sad2: I've tried several times since then to change our room to 9674, but to no avail. In fact, the only "aft" cabins available seem to be aft/port or aft/starboard...I'd say they are pretty popular!! ;)

We just cruised on the Dream April 1 in room 9172. I LOVED :cool1: that room! It was close to the aft elevators. The balcony was so big and we spent A LOT of time out there. It's next to the handicap accessible room, which our neighbors let us peek in and see (their balcony is enormous). I loved being on the back of the ship and backing into the ports. I got the most amazing pictures of the Atlantis & CC from our balcony. Our room steward (Ida) was so wonderful!!!

The only negative to me about the back of the ship is the balcony got a bit of soot on it from the steamers. We simply asked Ida to wash it and he did it every day. Next time, we will not hesitate to book this room again and we will simply each bring an older pair of flip flops to keep on the balcony so we don't bring soot into the room.

I also think that 9172 is a HA which is why the verandah is larger as well. :goodvibes

We were in 9172 in February on the Dream. It was not HA.. the bathrooms each had a step going up. and the tub, you needed to lift your leg high up, i remember well, as I banged my leg getting out of the shower'tub:rotfl2: :rotfl2:and fell out the bathroom door, as I forgot to step down...

Loved the room and verandah though.. would do it again in a heartbeat.. Giving the Wonder a try next Feb!:)

Thanks for the info. We're very excited because we have the connecting rooms and now on the Fantasy you can open the divider on the balcony's so we're going to have an even bigger balcony!
I'll be sure to take pics. (We leave May 5). :cool1:

yes you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter