Cabana Bay! New Universal Hotel in 2014!!!

I really do not understand this at all. Am I getting this correct, you don't get the front of the line access or fast pass, the way you do with the other Universal hotels? Why stay there then, I don't understand it. Disney has their value hotels, and they still offer many of the same perks that their higher end hotels offer, just at a lower price per room. I personally will NEVER stay there if it doesn't at least allow the fast pass option, NEVER. Very, Very, Very disappointed! :confused::headache:

The new hotel will offer early admission and free transportation. There's no way they can still sell express pass, offer it at the deluxe and offer it at the value hotels. It doesn't make financial sense. Why would anyone buy it and why would anyone stay at the more expensive hotels?

Lots of people stay at the hotels that are close to Universal that don't offer any perks. This new hotel will be similar in price to those hotels but will give early admission.

You can't compare the perks that the Disney hotels offer to unlimited express. Those perks aren't even close. And who knows what fastpass+ will bring in terms of similar perks between the different levels of hotels at WDW.

Thanks for the response, but that's just my point. There are soooooo many hotels near Universal to stay in that do not have the fast pass, so why stay here? The theme itself looks pretty tacky, and you can find good deals in other hotels nearby that offer other really nice amenities. One of the reasons we love Universal so much are their hotels and getting the fast pass. I know my husband particularly loves the fast pass so much that he enjoys Universal More than Disney just for that reason alone, lol.

Thanks for the response, but that's just my point. There are soooooo many hotels near Universal to stay in that do not have the fast pass, so why stay here? The theme itself looks pretty tacky, and you can find good deals in other hotels nearby that offer other really nice amenities. One of the reasons we love Universal so much are their hotels and getting the fast pass. I know my husband particularly loves the fast pass so much that he enjoys Universal More than Disney just for that reason alone, lol.

Because those hotels won't have early admission. Early admission is huge when the Harry Potter rides don't use express pass. I imagine that both Wizarding World and the new Gringott's area will both have daily early admission. I also imagine that no offsite hotels will be able to offer early admission. This will be a huge selling point for Cabana Bay over the offsite value hotels. The water park area of the hotel looks awesome and that in itself will draw people.

Personally, I won't stay there either for the main part of a vacation but I can see where a lot of people will. I'd definitely consider it for the first night if I was arriving late or not going to the parks. I'd also consider it if I was going during an off season time when crowds are low.

We regularly get questions here from people who can't or won't pay the deluxe onsite prices but want early admission and a hotel that is within walking distance. To them, paying the extra cost for the express pass isn't worth it.

As a Madmen addict, I am really attracted to the 60' s retro theming. (They should get Don Draper to appear for the opening) We just booked a week for sept 2014. I've stayed at all the UO onsiite hotels and am exited to break this one in!
I could care less about express pass as long as early entry is offered. If you know the parks you know when to go when it isn't that crowded. Last time we rode Harry potter as many times as we wanted with hardly any wait.
I find it amusing that people already hate the hotel but if they can swim in their awesome pool..............lol
I'm just glad for the investment by UO. Seriously I'm glad for the theming and the attention to detail to the hotel and with transformers and diagon alley. We hope Hogwart express is done for us when we get there.
I was there when it all began. I thought with Disney buying marvel, it would cripple UO. It still might. But instead of taking it on the chin they have stepped up and expanded in response. I for one look forward to staying at Cabana Bay and swimming in their pool. Ha

Here's a shot of the construction on Cabana Bay Beach Resort. I only got one shot today due to a Mears bus being in between me and the construction.

I love the post-war growth period of the late '50's and early '60's and the optimism that it reflected. It really was a golden age of America. This design is an homage to that period.

I wonder if they will offer AP rates? Right now, prices are decent with the SMSM rate. $101.00/night for our dates. But if they go lower with AP rates, we may have to stay there. We are planning on going for 12 days, so not having express would be ok.

ETA: went back to website and noticed in fine print:

Lazy River Courtyard, Hideaway Bar and Grill, tower Family Suites, and Standard Rooms are not available until the Grand Opening on 07-01-2014.

The lazy river was one of the draws for my family.
Guess we will be back at Royal Pacific in June.

I wonder if they will offer AP rates? Right now, prices are decent with the SMSM rate. $101.00/night for our dates. But if they go lower with AP rates, we may have to stay there. We are planning on going for 12 days, so not having express would be ok.

ETA: went back to website and noticed in fine print:

Lazy River Courtyard, Hideaway Bar and Grill, tower Family Suites, and Standard Rooms are not available until the Grand Opening on 07-01-2014.

The lazy river was one of the draws for my family.
Guess we will be back at Royal Pacific in June.

Is the Lazy River Courtyard the same as the Lazy River? I suggest you call and ask because the Courtyard sounds like it is just an area near the Lazy River.

Is the Lazy River Courtyard the same as the Lazy River? I suggest you call and ask because the Courtyard sounds like it is just an area near the Lazy River.
Hmmmm...never thought about that. Good question. I will have to call.

I investigated a little further and found this... Lazy River Courtyard!  features a zero-entry pool with sand beach, a lazy river with waterfalls and cannons for interactive fun, and The Hideaway Bar & Grill

So the entire Lazy River area probably isn't open until July.

I investigated a little further and found this... Lazy River Courtyard! features a zero-entry pool with sand beach, a lazy river with waterfalls and cannons for interactive fun, and The Hideaway Bar & Grill So the entire Lazy River area probably isn't open until July.
I saw that too after I called. I was told The Lazy River does not open until July. The Cabana Courtyard-a zero-entry pool with iconic dive tower waterslide, interactive kids play area, cabanas for rent, and Atomic Tonic pool bar, will be open in April when the first bookings are allowed.

Damo- thanks for checking.

It's a shame that so many people feel the need to post their stuck up opinions. There is nothing wrong with adding a value resort and for Brits this is a lot different to the actual contemporary hotels we have in England.

Coming from England spending thousands of pounds on staying in a moderate Disney resort not really having the pennies to stretch to staying on site at Universal as well, that this is a great addition to the Universal gang. Even though it's going to be jammed with families, i think why shouldn't people be able to afford to stay on-site longer and have a better holiday. If you spend thousands saving for your holiday like Brits do to come and be charged an arm and a leg for everything why not have a value property where that arm and leg stretch a little further. Does every family not have that right?

I happen to like a fifties theme, and as i'm in the States for 3 weeks i want value from my Universal hotel, because it certainly isn't Disney. I want my hard earned cash to spread.

And if you hate the theme and hate that it's a value, well no one is dragging you in to stay there. :cheer2: Thank goodness. We can't all have so much money that we can stick our noses up so high we can't smell our own stink.

I would love to stay at CB I love the theme. But I already booked at the HRH and since this is our first time staying on sight we will keep it but next time we will look into this hotel of course.

It's a shame that so many people feel the need to post their stuck up opinions. There is nothing wrong with adding a value resort and for Brits this is a lot different to the actual contemporary hotels we have in England.

Coming from England spending thousands of pounds on staying in a moderate Disney resort not really having the pennies to stretch to staying on site at Universal as well, that this is a great addition to the Universal gang. Even though it's going to be jammed with families, i think why shouldn't people be able to afford to stay on-site longer and have a better holiday. If you spend thousands saving for your holiday like Brits do to come and be charged an arm and a leg for everything why not have a value property where that arm and leg stretch a little further. Does every family not have that right?

I happen to like a fifties theme, and as i'm in the States for 3 weeks i want value from my Universal hotel, because it certainly isn't Disney. I want my hard earned cash to spread.

And if you hate the theme and hate that it's a value, well no one is dragging you in to stay there. :cheer2: Thank goodness. We can't all have so much money that we can stick our noses up so high we can't smell our own stink.

I am a little confused as to why you are taking people's opinions so personal..Everyone has their own likes and dislikes.Just like we all have different priorities and price points we are willing to pay . As a Brit coming over for several weeks, I agree it is a great choice of resort for many.But you have to realize for many people,especially Americans, vacation time is alot more limited. As an American, I get off one week a year paid vacation.So for us we stay deluxe because we ; 1) have limited time off and dont like spending it in lines, and since Cabana Bay will not feature the express pass we wont stay here. 2) We splurge on the one week we of vacation we do get.
As for the theme, it neither appeals to me or is unappealing.Much like all things, you will find people that love it , like it or despise it..No reason to take it all so personal.

Just booked a stay here for a week in May! Really excited!! They have an introductory offer for March through beginning of June where you can get a family suite for the price of a standard, and with my AP discount, it's only $50 more than what I'd paying at POP, and that's even with 50% off of POP with my friend's cast member discount! I really love the look and them of this hotel, and can't wait to try it out!

hi, we are looking at booking this hotel for sept and wondered if there will be any APH or AAA rates available, thanks sue

hi, we are looking at booking this hotel for sept and wondered if there will be any APH or AAA rates available, thanks sue

I would imagine there will be both. If you check rates for mid-May you can see that CBH is being offered for $94 with the APH rate for the courtyard family suite. The seasonal rate is $134, so a $40 or 30% discount You have to call for AAA rates, so I can't check those online

Do you think the walking pathway/bridge will be open soon from Cabana Bay to the parks? Or should we plan on driving to the parking deck. We are going the first week in June.

Do you think the walking pathway/bridge will be open soon from Cabana Bay to the parks? Or should we plan on driving to the parking deck. We are going the first week in June.

I am sure that when the hotel opens, the pathways will be open as well.

I think this hotel is going to do very well. I know I've read that Loews didn't want to cannibalize their current deluxe hotels by offering Unlimited express. At their price point, especially with anticipated APH discounts they've positioned themselves nicely against the offsite accommodations. Looking at my trip from January 2012, I paid

$50 a night Wyndham Orlando Resort Via Priceline (bid 3* and was barely clean and OK but several years past a refresh)
$33 a day for rental car
$15 parking
$98 total.

For around $90 Cheap season with APH discount what's not to love for the former offsite guest. After check-in, drop off rental car, no parking fee, reduced rental car fee, Early Admission to HP. I'm seriously considering it for this trip next January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter