Cabana Bay! New Universal Hotel in 2014!!!

I like the layouts and the thought of more room is appealing ,but not with no Resort guest express Pass option

I like the layouts and the thought of more room is appealing ,but not with no Resort guest express Pass option

If we were going at a different time of year then I would want the Express Pass, though we have never used one in our previous visits. But when we go footfall is very low so the Express Pass is a waste of money and I'm not prepared to pay for HRH/RPR since I don't need all the benefits so for us it works fine, but I understand that a lot of people only stay onsite for the Express passes.

If we were going at a different time of year then I would want the Express Pass, though we have never used one in our previous visits. But when we go footfall is very low so the Express Pass is a waste of money and I'm not prepared to pay for HRH/RPR since I don't need all the benefits so for us it works fine, but I understand that a lot of people only stay onsite for the Express passes.
For us, we don't care what time of year it is, we love the express passes..LOL.Dh HATES HATES HATES crowds and waits so this makes him happy to go! So we justify the expense.Compared to what we pay to stay Disney Deluxe, Universal resorts end up costing us alot less usually too

Trying different combinations of adults and children, it appears that there's an additional $10 nightly charge for each additional adult after 2.

I wonder how much they'll charge for parking.

And here's a page comparing all 4 hotels. Unlimited Express will definitely NOT be included with Cabana Bay (but we knew that):
https://www.universalorlando.com/Hotels/Hotel-Comparison.aspx

But early admission will. The opening of the hotel will likely occur after the opening of Diagon Alley. I assume that henceforth early admission will occur at both parks, and that should even out the numbers making it no worse than it is right now.

Good info here: https://www.universalorlando.com/Hotels/Cabana-Bay-Beach-Resort.aspx

Food court, bowling alley, two pools --- lazy river. Sounds good!

Looks like the first official day is March 31, 2014 for the 4th hotel at Universal.

http://www.loewshotels.com/en/booki...=04/01/2014&rooms=1&sr=&code=&iata=&na=2&nk=0

Rates range from approx $120 - mid 200s depending on the season and dates you pick. (Mid may is lower, for example)

The hotel will feature a lazy river, and a bowling alley. Only negative is the lack of express, but it does have early entry.

Looks like from 3/31 - 7/1 is just the suite rooms, and the regular rooms open up after 7/1.

Official page for new hotel: https://www.universalorlando.com/Hotels/Cabana-Bay-Beach-Resort.aspx

That guarantees we will never stay there. Express pass is one of the biggest reasons we always stay on site.

At the Deluxe prices of the current onsite options, I can totally see that being a driving force for many people.

However this new hotel I don't see as being designed to replace the 3 current hotels or be on the same level of options/services of them. It's designed, if anything, to replace the whole "Partner hotel" category that's currently offered when booking a package with Universal. You will still get the early entry benefit (which is currently offered at Partner Hotels w/ a package), you just don't get the full on express.... which honestly... at the increased capacity of this new hotel, would completely break the express pass system as we currently know it if it was a perk.

Here's another way to look at it. Look at the room space and costs. You are still getting some nice perks and a room that may be comparable (or better) than a Disney Moderate or Family Suite.... For about the same price Disney charges for just a regular room at a Value. When I look at it that way, I still think this new location is going to end up being a better deal that what you'd be able to get from a Onsite Disney location.... Just like the 3 current Universal hotels are easily better accommodations than a Disney Deluxe at a Disney Moderate price. (And that's just the room itself, without the express value added)

At the Deluxe prices of the current onsite options, I can totally see that being a driving force for many people.

However this new hotel I don't see as being designed to replace the 3 current hotels or be on the same level of options/services of them. It's designed, if anything, to replace the whole "Partner hotel" category that's currently offered when booking a package with Universal. You will still get the early entry benefit (which is currently offered at Partner Hotels w/ a package), you just don't get the full on express.... which honestly... at the increased capacity of this new hotel, would completely break the express pass system as we currently know it if it was a perk.

Here's another way to look at it. Look at the room space and costs. You are still getting some nice perks and a room that may be comparable (or better) than a Disney Moderate or Family Suite.... For about the same price Disney charges for just a regular room at a Value. When I look at it that way, I still think this new location is going to end up being a better deal that what you'd be able to get from a Onsite Disney location.... Just like the 3 current Universal hotels are easily better accommodations than a Disney Deluxe at a Disney Moderate price. (And that's just the room itself, without the express value added)

All very good points. After giving it a little more thought, I probably prefer to keep the onsite express pass more exclusive. It's always cool to try new places, but we'll probably just keep staying at one of the other 3.

That guarantees we will never stay there. Express pass is one of the biggest reasons we always stay on site.
At least people who would like to stay onsite but can't afford the rates as they are now will have an affordable option to do so.

I'm excited for this hotel!

DH and I are planning on coming down for 3 nights(Okay...OVER for 3 nights after we drop the kids at my parent's in Tampa;)) after his deployment this year.

I really want to stay onsite. I decided that if I can get the Royal Pacific close to the military rate they have now we'll stay there all three nights. If not, we can do this one for the first night and the Royal Pacific the next two. At the lower price point it takes a little of the sting away.

Heck I'm thinking of doing it anyway just for the pool since that's where DH and I spend a lot of our time!:thumbsup2

As a family of five who was cringing at the US resort prices, we're also interested in this option but trying to decide if the Express Pass is worth the extra money. We'll be going at a semi-busy time (our spring break but a couple weeks before Easter). We will be mainly focused on HPW and will be taking advantage of early entry. I went to US a couple years ago in the off-season and everything was basically walk-on all morning, but I'm guessing Islands of Adventure is never like that thanks to Harry.

We often arrive late and need a cheaper hotel for the first night so we can hop over to an onsite hotel first thing in the morning. I'd rather stay at the Cabana Bay for that first night than stay at one of the hotels on Major Blvd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter