BWV room request

Checking in Nov 1st. I'm leaving it all up to the room assigners.

The floor above us is closed off. We just got here last night. I'll post back. The bed is so old we sunk in the middle. We had the manager come in last night because the balcony is so dirty that it's gross....piles of dirt and debris. They are sending someone by today.

Are you going to stay with that room through 11/7 that's a lot of nights on a bad bed?

Are you going to stay with that room through 11/7 that's a lot of nights on a bad bed?
Yep you're right, we are here 15 nights. They are filled. We were so tired last night it wasn't a problem. It creaks so bad when you move it was way past time for replacement. Our standards for DVC seem so low now. On a good note parking hasn't been too bad. They had 4 guards checking cars when we came in from the store a few minutes ago and just watched two guards chase after a car that went through the gate near the back. The gate is stuck open so guess those folks thought there was more parking back there near the quiet pool.

Last edited:
We're checking in Nov 9 for 8 nights (standard view, 1BR). I think our only preference is to get a renovated room. Should I put that in our room request? Or specify a high floor (as it sounds like they're working from top to bottom)?

Renovated room describes exactly what you hope for so I'd ask for that.

The floor above us is closed off. We just got here last night. I'll post back. The bed is so old we sunk in the middle. We had the manager come in last night because the balcony is so dirty that it's gross....piles of dirt and debris. They are sending someone by today.

Nasty. Just an FYI, but when we had a filthy unit there 2 years ago they gave us a $300 credit (and it was a DVC stay).

So 3rd floor is now closed? Then 4th must be finished. They were just putting last touches and furniture on 4th when we left Wednesday. I hope you get moved to a renovated room. They are really nice even if the theming is less obvious. Have a great trip in any event! :thumbsup2

I'm planning on specifying "third floor near bus stop". This will be next fall, so I'm not worried about un-refurbished rooms.

Does that seem like a reasonable way to express a preference? We're renting, so I don't want to demand too much from the member.

I'm planning on specifying "third floor near bus stop". This will be next fall, so I'm not worried about un-refurbished rooms.

Does that seem like a reasonable way to express a preference? We're renting, so I don't want to demand too much from the member.

I would request top floor. With 3rd floor, they could decide 2 is close enough. I always request top floor and usually get 3 or 4.

image.jpeg

This is my standard view right now. Just keep in mind you can make request but they are not guaranteed. I certainly know that as we are lucky enough to stay here at the BWV several times a year. Keep in mind that standard is low points for a reason and standard rooms are only 20% of BWV. As mentioned, I request high floor, far from elevator and even threw in a refurbed room. What I got was a room on floor 2, next to the elevator, and a old room. Someone had to have this room, so I guess it was my turn to draw the short straw this trip. As an update to my dirty balcony. Housekeeping did come in and clean the balcony very well and also cleaned our room even though we were only here one day, so it was still in good shape.

Last edited:
View attachment 130874

This is my standard view right now. Just keep in mind you can make request but they are not guaranteed. I certainly know that as we are lucky enough to stay here at the BWV several times a year. Keep in mind that standard is low points for a reason and standard rooms are only 20% of BWV. As mentioned, I request high floor, far from elevator and even threw in a refurbed room. What I got was a room on floor 2, next to the elevator, and a old room. Someone had to have this room, so I guess it was my turn to draw the short straw this trip. As an update to my dirty balcony. Housekeeping did come in and clean the balcony very well and also cleaned our room even though we were only here one day, so it was still in good shape.
Hate the short straw, but you are right. Was looking at your pic and signature block, I think you could add "Under Construction" to your 2015 Trips also but for a different reason. If you place your book just right you may be able to block out at least one bucket :coffee: Would love an update as to the status of the reno at the end of your trip if you have the opportunity. According to the timeline for the 4th floor I would think they would at least have the temporary construction entrance down for the final touches if not open for use (fingers crossed). TIA

I would request top floor. With 3rd floor, they could decide 2 is close enough. I always request top floor and usually get 3 or 4.
2 is close enough (for me). I just don't want to be on the ground floor.

Am I missing some other advantage to being higher up? I figure the view isn't going to be great, regardless.

Hate the short straw, but you are right. Was looking at your pic and signature block, I think you could add "Under Construction" to your 2015 Trips also but for a different reason. If you place your book just right you may be able to block out at least one bucket :coffee: Would love an update as to the status of the reno at the end of your trip if you have the opportunity. According to the timeline for the 4th floor I would think they would at least have the temporary construction entrance down for the final touches if not open for use (fingers crossed). TIA
Lol. Yes we will go exploring where they are in the refurb.

Debbie, my first request is high floor too.

It's all good.

Just zipped up to the third floor. Sorry to report that there is nothing going on there. I was wrong. Rode with a cm in the elevator. He said they just finished the fourth floor in the standard wing and will be starting on the third floor next. Keep in mind that the second and first have not been touched either. Not sure why we have 3 cherry pickers parked outside our balcony. It's Sunday so guess we will find out on Monday.

Last edited:
Just zipped up to the third floor. Sorry to report that there is nothing going on there. I was wrong. Rode with a cm in the elevator. He said they just finished the fourth floor in the standard wing and will be starting on the third floor next. Keep in mind that the second and first have not been touched either. Not sure why we have 3 cherry pickers parked outside our balcony. It's Sunday so guess we will find out on Monday.
There was exterior painting going on last week when we were there.

2 is close enough (for me). I just don't want to be on the ground floor.

Am I missing some other advantage to being higher up? I figure the view isn't going to be great, regardless.

Some of the standard views have a view of the Illuminations fireworks, provided there is not a tree in the way. Higher floor the better.

Yep you're right, we are here 15 nights. They are filled. We were so tired last night it wasn't a problem. It creaks so bad when you move it was way past time for replacement. Our standards for DVC seem so low now. On a good note parking hasn't been too bad. They had 4 guards checking cars when we came in from the store a few minutes ago and just watched two guards chase after a car that went through the gate near the back. The gate is stuck open so guess those folks thought there was more parking back there near the quiet pool.

I must be a couple of rooms down from you. I made the same request - exactly. The room is fine. I just can't wait until they tear up this carpet. Other than that, room is in decent shape. Only complaint (which I did not express to anyone outside my family) is the dryer is running all day because it is taking forever to get things dry. Electric bill is going to go through the roof with the amount if time we have it going. I am running small loads and literally drying each one for hours.

Guard gate broke when we were coming in yesterday. Bus had to back up into the road so it took a long time. Fixed already today.

Front desk said rehab is still going on in the 4th floor standard studios for a couple more weeks. I didn't want to be near it so 2nd floor is fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter