BW 1BR villa

Alberta bound

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
A friend of mine rented a BW 1BR villa for Sept 7-14 through RCI points. Her husband is unable to go so I have been invited to go! yeah!!!
Will we be able to use ME? Early entry, etc?

I've been to WDW a few times but never stayed in the villas. Are they nice? I had never considered a villa before this year and am a bit hesitant. I keep reading things about the rooms not being kept up and looking a bit run down, etc.
I know the location is awesome.(had considered Bonnet creek when this opportunity came available in going with my friend)
Does it feel like Disney?

I'm not sure why I am worried. I am always happy whenever I go to WDW no matter if I am staying value or deluxe. I'm pretty easy to please concerning Disney. I'm just happy to be there. I guess the villas just seem different but I am hoping they will be wonderful!

Thanks!!

The Villas at any DVC resort are wonderful, and to me they are more "Disney" than anywhere else I have stayed over my many visits. I had a lot of visits in Value and Moderate resorts before we bought DVC and, while I enjoyed them, there is nothing as wonderful as having more space, a kitchen, a balcony, washer and dryer, and that big wonderful bathroom to come "home" to after the parks. We stayed at BWV in a 1 BR Standard View this past January. I requested "high floor, across from bus stops" and we could see the fireworks from Illuminations from our balcony every night. It is connected to the original Boardwalk resort, so you have all the benefits of an awesome deluxe Disney resort right there near your villa. We are going back in November for the Food and Wine Festival and two of our nights are at the Boardwalk. I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Hi all,
A friend of mine rented a BW 1BR villa for Sept 7-14 through RCI points. Her husband is unable to go so I have been invited to go! yeah!!!
Will we be able to use ME? Early entry, etc?
Yes - you will have the all the perks and benefits of staying at an on-site Disney resort, including ME, EMH,, etc. You can add a dining plan if you wish, too. Your friend can make ME arrangements through Member Services. The number is on the documents that RCI sent to her. MS can also help with dining ADRs (including the 180+ perk) , but you can do those on your own, too. The DVC reservation number (different from the RCI number) can be obtained from MS. In addition to any fees RCI charges, your friend will have to pay a $95 fee to Disney. MS should be able to tell her more about that, too.
I've been to WDW a few times but never stayed in the villas. Are they nice? I had never considered a villa before this year and am a bit hesitant. I keep reading things about the rooms not being kept up and looking a bit run down, etc.
I know the location is awesome.(had considered Bonnet creek when this opportunity came available in going with my friend)
Does it feel like Disney?

I'm not sure why I am worried. I am always happy whenever I go to WDW no matter if I am staying value or deluxe. I'm pretty easy to please concerning Disney. I'm just happy to be there. I guess the villas just seem different but I am hoping they will be wonderful!

Thanks!!

We routinely stay in a BWV 1 bedroom and just love them. I'm sure you will come home spoiled, LOL.

Don't forget the villa will have a washer and dryer right in the room so you can pack light. :) You'll have a fully equipped kitchen and a jacuzzi tub to soak in. You'll be just steps away from the Boardwalk and there are so many good restaurant choices within walking distance, too.

Have a wonderful time - if your friend has any questions about how the RCI-DVC thing works, send her on over to the DVC Forums. We have many posters there who are quite experienced in that area. :)

I've stayed in BWV 1 bedrooms many times and didn't have any problems. Feels just like any other Disney resort.

Thank you everyone for the replies.
I am truly excited about going now. And this is the first time that I am going and only have a couple months to wait. Usually I book 9 plus months in advance.
I can't wait!!!!!!:goodvibes

Just checked out of a 1BR villa at BWV this morning. So sad about it! We booked it through an RCI exchange. As previously stated, you can book ME through member services, add dining plan, etc. Your friend can call, and they will actually give her a Disney reservation number, which will allow you to even check in online. Once I had that number, I could even link it with the my disney experience app, and it was like any other reservation. I didn't think our villa was run down at all, and very comfortable. It felt like Disney, but also felt like home. Have a great time! Generally, you end up with a garden/pool view for an RCI exchange. And you can still make requests. I requested high floor, and ended up on the 5th. It was great.

I have stayed at BWV one bedroom a few times. I usually vacation solo, with my DH staying home to watch our 2 cats. ( DH doesn't really like to travel )
I only get the one bedroom unit when I have rented vacation points from a DVC member.

One early December my DH did travel with me, and it was already pre-planned that he would stay for only a day and a half - and this worked out exceptionally well. As he entered our one bedroom unit He said: "Wow - I feel like we are wealthy !! "

I warn you ...... YOU WILL GET SPOILED. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter