Buying water at airport?

I never broke my leg... until I broke my leg. There's a first time for everything. If you insist on packing the water, so be it. Please use more protection than you've been using.

But PLEASE stop bringing soda, or any other potentially damaging liquid, in your checked luggage. Again, there's a first time for everything. How happy would you be if my Diet Dr Pepper leaked all over your stuff?

Expecting one's desires to supercede the comfort of all other passengers on the plane is disingenuous. Is $12 for grocery delivery REAL such a deal-breaker? With any reasonably-sized purchase, you come out far ahead over buying anything onsite.

Well TSA doesn't have a problem with Soda so I am allowed to pack it in my checked luggage whether you or any other fellow traveler approve of it or not...
People put liquor in their checked luggage all the time. You know what the chances are when you check luggage. TSA and the airline are the ones who get to dictate what is permitted in checked luggage not fellow Dis'ers. You know what the exposures are when you check your luggage. If you don't agree to 'exposing' your luggage to the variables, then you need to either carry it on or ship it ahead via another source. I wouldn't be happy if my luggage was doused with someone's broken liquor bottle, but I know it is a chance that I am taking by checking my luggage. Whether you approve or not, I will continue to put my Diet Dew in my luggage. I pretty much fly SW and they don't mind my diet dew at all...:goodvibes

I bring my own water bottle and either fill it with tap water and add a Nestea or Crystal Light or I fill it at the resort with the water dispenser in the refill area. If I'm at a park and I need more water I ask for a cup of the free ice water.

I pretty much fly SW and they don't mind my diet dew at all...
Your continued patronage of Southwest with sticky soda is appreciated notably by those of us who prefer other airlines

Last trip we had it shipped from Staples and it was pretty cheap :) This year we are driving so we'll just pick it up on the way down. I LOVE how WDW lets you bring your own, parks around here don't allow it, and you are stuck buying from them at outrageous prices.

Well TSA doesn't have a problem with Soda so I am allowed to pack it in my checked luggage whether you or any other fellow traveler approve of it or not...

I pretty much fly SW and they don't mind my diet dew at all...:goodvibes

I'm thinking that I am SOOOO happy I don't live anywhere near MD. :rotfl:

Personally, I would NEVER pack a liquid but after hearing the things people pack I always make sure my clothes are protected in case of a spill. I use 2gallon ziploc bags and pack them with each day's clothes. I would be devastated if an expensive custom outfit was ruined by someone's packed soda!

I'm thinking that I am SOOOO happy I don't live anywhere near MD. :rotfl:
See, you're lucky. If I were to choose Southwest, well, they fly nonstop VERY few places from Boston - only Chicago, Philadelphia... and Baltimore :umbrella:. With BWI being the natural connection to MCO, well, I appreciate the advance knowledge that Southwest - whose on-duty flying employees do not, for the most part, check luggage and so do not, as stitchlovestink points out, 'mind' her/his diet dew in the luggage hold - should be avoided at all costs.

And I greatly appreciate the reminder to protect my own clothing with sealed plastic bags, MinnieforMe. It's a shame things have come to that. I remember back in the "olden days", around, oh 2006 and earlier when this wasn't an issue. Travelers were considerate of each other ;)

People actually pack drinks in their luggage? Wow. I've watched out the airport window while luggage is being loaded on the plane and I would go with that not being a very bright idea.

After all this talk of people packing soda in their checked luggage, I must remember to pack my clothes in ziplocks too!

The last thing I want to do on my first day of vacation is laundry! It's bad enough that I do it a few times as I go for 14 nights, but to start off having to wash clothes that should be clean would not make me happy.

People actually pack drinks in their luggage? Wow. I've watched out the airport window while luggage is being loaded on the plane and I would go with that not being a very bright idea.

I agree! Heck I've had small sealed bottles of shampoo leak into the ziplock bags they are packed in. Can't imagine wanting to do that with sticky soda. :confused:

I'm trying to only check one bag for all four of us so I'm afraid I'll be pushing it if I try to pack my water. We are already going to try to squeeze in a bottle of wine or two (double bagged) along with some snacks.

I think I'm going to try to go through Costco for it. Thanks for the info about them allowing non-members to make purchases. If we run out, I'll at least have the option to go to Hess or buy a gallon to refill our bottles. We like using the Crystal Light packs also.

Thanks for all of the info on all of my options. I will keep them all in mind and probably use most of them.

If you insist on packing the water, so be it. Please use more protection than you've been using.
The poster you're quoting puts her beverages in double plastic ziplock bags. What more protection do you think she needs to take? Seriously? She's already using DOUBLE bags. In addition, she's right. Southwest does not restrict liquids in checked luggage. Until they do you will just have to pack your clothes in giant ziplocks to ensure that they remain dry or take your chances with the rest of us. She's breaking no rules and being polite by double bagging her liquids.

FWIW, I have traveled extensively and the only time my clothes were ever dampened was when my bag sat out on the tarmac in the pouring rain.

good grief. I never have enough 'weight' left to consider packing liquids. And I'm sure not leaving my clothes on the sidewalk to take water if my bag is overweight.

I agree...order water from Gardengrocer...along with some snacks...the delivery fee is not exorbitant and worth the absence of the headache.

Until they do you will just have to
Ah, I guess I wasn't clear enough in expressing, "I don't fly Southwest", and that passengers who insist on flying with sticky liquids in checked luggage is one of the reasons. I understand that the only time your clothes have gotten wet so far is when your luggage sat out on a rainy tarmac, and that the diet dew devotee's soda hasn't leaked yet... dozens/hundreds of things happen daily that never happened before until they happen for the first time. As I said above - I never broke my leg - until I broke my leg.

Please be careful packing liquids in your bags. I had lotion, and shampoo, and body sprays from B&BW in ziploc bags, and at the Orlando airport two years ago, they opened my bag and took it from me, because it was liquid. I only know that it was due to security, and I was flying SWA. Oh yeah.....and I forgot to stash my toothpaste in my ziploc bag, and they took that too!!! LOL. I came home lighter from the trip than I went! LOL

And I agree with Robinb, that poster IS being polite by double bagging. If Southwest allows that person to travel with her soda, then leave him/her alone! I am not sure why they took mine, being it, too was in my carryon (I had nothing to check), but hers is double bagged and mine was lotion, shampoo, and body spray, as I am sure many of you have!! And it was only single bagged!

And I agree with Robinb, that poster IS being polite by double bagging. If Southwest allows that person to travel with her soda, then leave him/her alone! I am not sure why they took mine, being it, too was in my carryon (I had nothing to check), but hers is double bagged and mine was lotion, shampoo, and body spray, as I am sure many of you have!! And it was only single bagged!

Am I understanding that you tried to carry it on the plane? That's why they took it. There are very specific guidelines as what can and can not be carried on. I believe nothing larger than trial size in a liquid stored in a clear container can be carried on. You would have been fine checking the shampoo and body wash. What a bummer to lose Bath and Body Works!

I flew and packed a six pack of water in checked luggage, I was careful to pack in extra large ziplocs in case of a leak, no problems. If you happen to be staying at the Dolphin/Swan part of their resort fee covers a couple bottles of water each day of your stay....or if you get a towncar trasportation I can't remember the name but they advertise on the Transportation Board, they make a 30 minute grocery store stop.

The poster you're quoting puts her beverages in double plastic ziplock bags. What more protection do you think she needs to take? Seriously? She's already using DOUBLE bags. In addition, she's right. Southwest does not restrict liquids in checked luggage. Until they do you will just have to pack your clothes in giant ziplocks to ensure that they remain dry or take your chances with the rest of us. She's breaking no rules and being polite by double bagging her liquids.

FWIW, I have traveled extensively and the only time my clothes were ever dampened was when my bag sat out on the tarmac in the pouring rain.

AGREE!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

REally, think about it. Bottle of liquid is double bagged, and buried within a pile of clothes within a suitcase. I think the liquid-carrier is in far greater danger of having wet clothes from a leaky bottle than you are! I think your damp clothes were from rain or puddles on the tarmac... or from a leaky bottle that wasn't double-bagged and securely buried!

Thank you robinb for understanding that there is a difference between breaking the rules and following them. I am NOT breaking any rules. However, since 'they' don't like what I am doing (and many others for that matter, I am just willing to admit what I put in my luggage) I am being inconsiderate according to them. What about all of the people who check liquor and there are way more people checking that....I find that more damaging than soda, but that's JMHO!! :goodvibes
Ah, I guess I wasn't clear enough in expressing, "I don't fly Southwest", and that passengers who insist on flying with sticky liquids in checked luggage is one of the reasons. I understand that the only time your clothes have gotten wet so far is when your luggage sat out on a rainy tarmac, and that the diet dew devotee's soda hasn't leaked yet... dozens/hundreds of things happen daily that never happened before until they happen for the first time. As I said above - I never broke my leg - until I broke my leg.
I don't see you asking people checking liquor in their luggage to stop. So it's okay to check liquor but not soda. :rolleyes1

I never broke my leg... until I broke my leg. There's a first time for everything. If you insist on packing the water, so be it. Please use more protection than you've been using.

But PLEASE stop bringing soda, or any other potentially damaging liquid, in your checked luggage. Again, there's a first time for everything. How happy would you be if my Diet Dr Pepper leaked all over your stuff?

Expecting one's desires to supercede the comfort of all other passengers on the plane is disingenuous. Is $12 for grocery delivery REAL such a deal-breaker? With any reasonably-sized purchase, you come out far ahead over buying anything onsite.
If I am following the rules, how am I making my desires supercede the comfort of all other passengers. I think you are making your desires supercede my comfort and rights... I check 1 six pack of 24 oz bottles that I pay approx $3 for...why on earth would I place a grocery order for one set of bottles and pay $12 delivery fee? the Problem would be solved if Disney started selling Pepsi products, but they don't... So I have to make other arrangements. Sorry that you don't agree with my arrangements, but last time I checked I didn't need YOUR approval so long as I am following TSA rules.
I also pack my clothes in those super sized ziploc XXL bags to protect them for the elements and checked liquor too as I do NOT expect people to stop checking liquor since it is permitted by TSA. :goodvibes

Your continued patronage of Southwest with sticky soda is appreciated notably by those of us who prefer other airlines
FYI, I use Delta and AirTran too, but SW is my preferred airline as they don't mess around with flight times like other airlines do.... :goodvibes

See, you're lucky. If I were to choose Southwest, well, they fly nonstop VERY few places from Boston - only Chicago, Philadelphia... and Baltimore :umbrella:. With BWI being the natural connection to MCO, well, I appreciate the advance knowledge that Southwest - whose on-duty flying employees do not, for the most part, check luggage and so do not, as stitchlovestink points out, 'mind' her/his diet dew in the luggage hold - should be avoided at all costs.

And I greatly appreciate the reminder to protect my own clothing with sealed plastic bags, MinnieforMe. It's a shame things have come to that. I remember back in the "olden days", around, oh 2006 and earlier when this wasn't an issue. Travelers were considerate of each other ;)
As I said SW is NOT the only airline that 'minds' liquids being checked in your luggage. I think you would be hard pressed to find a cargo hold that is free from all sticky substances. :goodvibes
So I am inconsiderate of others because I have to check my liquids when I used to be able to carry them on??? If I could still carry them on this would be a non-issue. But I guess somehow that is my fault too....:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter